Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 24, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #20,011 of 33,689

Cable impedance is part of the output impedance and can alter the frequency response: https://goo.gl/eX3b4d This is basic physics and can be calculated. Here "output impedance for dummies".

Cable looks make no sonic difference. Burn-in does not exist as the movement of electrons over time makes no difference to anything.
Burn in isn't just about the movement of electrons, it concerns the mechanical behaviour of drivers, diaphragms, armatures, etc. This can change over time.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #20,012 of 33,689
Burn in isn't just about the movement of electrons, it concerns the mechanical behaviour of drivers, diaphragms, armatures, etc. This can change over time.

LOL! It may also just be in your head....

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #20,014 of 33,689
The brain adapts to different sound signatures. That's a fact. Try listening to a bright IEM for some time and then change to a more bassy one. The bass may sound overwhelming, much more than yesterday when you listened all day to that same IEM.

You can reset you brain by listening to a more neutral IEM like the Hifiman RE-400..

That's why I don't believe in reviews that don't have at least several testing days.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #20,015 of 33,689
The brain adapts to different sound signatures. That's a fact. Try listening to a bright IEM for some time and then change to a more bassy one. The bass may sound overwhelming, much more than yesterday when you listened all day to that same IEM.

You can reset you brain by listening to a more neutral IEM like the Hifiman RE-400..

That's why I don't believe in reviews that don't have at least several testing days.
Absolutely. There is a major psycho acoustic element as well. I test my IEMs for at least a week with familiar material before coming to any conclusions.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #20,016 of 33,689
Hi,

For reviewer ( and other )
Black Friday lucky bag
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.5674750csUefzs

Triple driver mmcx connector

For the ep10 i found thé ep10 very very nice for the price ! The deep bass is very cool ! Voices are very derailed and natural for me with lot of "body"

For 23€ it's great deal
What is your opinion After few days

And anybody make an order for nicehck m6 ? I love the macaw with this system of filter

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #20,018 of 33,689

Of course they are in my head, their iem’s! Do I need to shove them all the way in:open_mouth::scream:

Sorry Peter, could not help myself on that one:beerchug:

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #20,019 of 33,689
Absolutely. There is a major psycho acoustic element as well. I test my IEMs for at least a week with familiar material before coming to any conclusions.

I compare directly. I change all 30sec the pair and I compare with 2/3/4iem
I can be more accurate. But it stays subjective with our preference. And our experience with lots of iem is very different of three. I retake my first iems and I don't have the same opinion ( I see more default or quality ) itsi very difficukd

When we see review of BA10 we see the big difference of perception

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #20,020 of 33,689

For me there is an impact for few iem and headset but in reality this is rarely effective. I think there are pre burn in or "ready to use" with new technology driver. With 30/40 headset/iem I feel the difference for 5 products.
The most difference was the backbeat sense. The driver had a bad quality when I leave the PR agency, I'm fear to have defective headset but after 3/4h it was far better.

i couldn't resist so i ordered one (blue) :beerchug:

Nicehck is a good seller, even for iem we do not know what to expect

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #20,021 of 33,689
Of course they are in my head, their iem’s! Do I need to shove them all the way in:open_mouth::scream:

Sorry Peter, could not help myself on that one:beerchug:

Ha ha, Tim. You can stop pushing when the tips tickles your brain :wink:

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #20,022 of 33,689
I compare directly. I change all 30sec the pair and I compare with 2/3/4iem
I can be more accurate. But it stays subjective with our preference. And our experience with lots of iem is very different of three. I retake my first iems and I don't have the same opinion ( I see more default or quality ) itsi very difficukd

When we see review of BA10 we see the big difference of perception
Yes, it can be tricky to be objective. I go back to my reference IEM and then back to the one I am testing but it's easy to get confused! Major differences are OK but finer details can be difficult to discern.

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #20,023 of 33,689
Yeah. When is detachable iem and the sensibility is the same. I use two different iem to compare ( zsn to left and zst to right ). I can feel the difference more easily

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #20,025 of 33,689
I don't know that. But now I understand one of this message where he mentioned head fi.
For me, little french reviewer it's a very good partnership! I can tell a lot of iem to french community. Very generous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back