Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #19,517 of 33,689
Sorry that happened bud. My 1st one did the exact same thing.

I tried warning people about the problem 6 months ago:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...base-315-entries.830062/page-51#post-14141827

I bought a 2nd one, and came up with a mod to reinforce it permanently. The reinforcement has to be done before it falls apart :frowning2:
Ahh...thanks for welcoming me to the club. I play stoopid and claim warranty...the glueing was insufficient imo. And if not, I try to get a replacement "at cost". Why should they make a profit on our misery?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #19,518 of 33,689
Ahh...thanks for welcoming me to the club. I play stoopid and claim warranty...the glueing was insufficient imo. And if not, I try to get a replacement "at cost". Why should they make a profit on our misery?

Yes, the glueing is insufficient.

All they would have to do would be to add screws at the factory (like I did).

Another option would be pins, or even ‘staking’ the cap in 2 or 3 places (which involves hitting it with a sharp tool to create a dimple that ‘bites’ into the body).

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #19,519 of 33,689
Anybody heard Tenhz K5?
Looks nice on Massdrop....specs are like v80.
Thoughts anyone?

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #19,520 of 33,689
I know this sounds amateur, but try shoving them into your ears as deep as you can. It makes the mids clearer. The nozzle is a tad short.
Actually this. As well, at first I was thinking they sounded louder than my banned IEMs, but then I realized it was because they were totally inside my ear, WAY deeper than any other IEMs I've had. Don't feel the nozzle to be short though, I think it would actually bother me if it was bigger than it is.

I'll take a chance to add a bit more to this:

Hi, got the DM6 today and I'm digging them so far. Don't expect a very technical review though hahaha.

So far, the comparison will be mostly with my banned IEMs. As I mentioned inprevious posts (yeah, as if I was relevant enough in the forum that you are going to remember my stuff, lol), I didn't like the TRN V80, so obviously, there is a HUGE leap from them for me... but so is between the TRN and the banned ones hahaha. The fit is extremely better, they just get like molded to my ears, getting a GREAT seal from the outside as they fit like a glove, while the banned just stick a bit to the outside, with only the nozzle and the eartip in my ear. Comparing the fit to the TRN V80, again, it is better, but the difference isn't as big as with the banned ones as the TRN were more comfortable. Still, gotta try more tips both for any possible sound and comfort improvements.

The sound is better, though not by far. Of course, I need A LOT more testing but so far I'm liking it but I'm not "four times the price" liking it (which was expected, though I was hoping for "twice the price liking it", lol). I got a bit of a headache after being listening to music like for an hour with them, something I heard to happen with some IEMs... Did anyone get this with the DM6? It could be I'm under the weather today, as I have a bit of a headache and my throat is starting to bother me...

Again, I didn't like the TRN, yet the TRN cable felt a thousand times better than the banned IEMs and DM6's cable feels a million times better than the TRN's.

As a side note, i tested a bit with my job's laptop and I could hear a bit of grey sound in the background, something I never had with any other gear I used there (RHA ma750, Sony WH 1000XM2, the banned ones and a few more under 50€ IEMs)... Guess these are either more sensitive or just provide more data hahaha.

To finish these impressions, artistic picture below:

10194893_thumb.jpg
So, basically, I mention that they made my head hurt the first day. I believe I saw the guy from "Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews" mentioning that the sound changed for him and some other people like in an hour or so, don't know if it is the same, but I only felt like that on the first day. Still, I'm more inclined on that I was a bit sick and now I feel better, so no further issues.

As I have no actual technical depth to provide comments on that beyond the actual reviews, I will use two stupid anecdotes:

Yesterday I came home from work with my flatmate. I'm usually the kind of guy that, when leaving the office, I turn on my player and wear my earphones playing loud music close to my ears but not inside, so that I can both hear the music as well as the people walking with me. So, we were in the bus and at a given point, I placed one fully inside my ear (yup, something I do from time to time too) and I actually felt surprised by the amount of detail I was experiencing despite being just at "50%", something I have never had before.

Later, while home, I was listening to some music with them. So, after listening to The Lepper Affinity so many times before in my life, it was not until yesterday that I noticed the little occasional sounds in the background starting at 9:05 (Though possible, harder to hear on the Youtube link than on my file). I actually thought it was the noise of my flatmate coming down the stairs at full speed (nope, he was sitting in front of his computer watching Netflix). Even with full headphones, I have never heard that until yesterday and, today, testing (I do not have Abyss but hey, I love my Meze 99 Classics), I had to turn the volume very high to actually be able to tell (Notice: "Be able to tell", I had to focus to actually hear it!).

As of now, I'm feeling with them a bit like when I got my Meze. I never had much gear to actually test despite being interested on hi-fi and discovering these are showing me new experiences that clearly improve the past. So, super happy with them :)

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #19,521 of 33,689
Yes, the glueing is insufficient.

All they would have to do would be to add screws at the factory (like I did).

Another option would be pins, or even ‘staking’ the cap in 2 or 3 places (which involves hitting it with a sharp tool to create a dimple that ‘bites’ into the body).
Electrical tape would probably do. I have requested an RMA and cited your images and fix as reference. Not letting $40 go like that. Amazon.ca appear to have surge pricing: it was $28 this morning, then $34, and now it is $38...same sellers. That's ridiculous.

Struggling with my third pair of B400s...the shells still look like as if they came out of somebody's digestive system.

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #19,522 of 33,689
Nov 8, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #19,523 of 33,689
Most sellers were long sold out of the original T2 last year. I’d be willing to bet that every one you’d find now is the new one. Maybe a really obscure seller might still have an old pair in their inventory, but it would be 100:1.

Oh crap really?? I bought mines around this June, does that mean I have the new one?

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #19,524 of 33,689
Less sharp piercing treble, according to B9scrambler.

is this between the old and new T2, or between the T2 and the T2 Pro?

Nov 9, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #19,526 of 33,689
Anybody heard Tenhz K5?
Looks nice on Massdrop....specs are like v80.

According to TRN V80 hater this one sounds like well upgraded version of TRN V80 with peaks and sandy tones removed, however he complained about insufficient bass and lack of subbass. I am still considering bid for them at that price point.

Nov 9, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #19,527 of 33,689
Other than looks, they appear the same. Maybe tuning is different?
I decided not to guess about all possible difference between the Artiste DC1 and the new ECM series. So I contacted Artiste Technology. And their answer is:
"Regarding the ECM-140, 150 and 170, so far we have not made them in mass production yet, but just had some samples only,that's why you can not buy them online.
These models are expected to be launched on markets at the begining of next year, please note this.
Compare to the DC1, all of them used the piezoelectric drivers and are the same high sound quality,the only difference between them are the appearance and color."

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #19,528 of 33,689
I decided not to guess about all possible difference between the Artiste DC1 and the new ECM series. So I contacted Artiste Technology. And their answer is:
"Regarding the ECM-140, 150 and 170, so far we have not made them in mass production yet, but just had some samples only,that's why you can not buy them online.
These models are expected to be launched on markets at the begining of next year, please note this.
Compare to the DC1, all of them used the piezoelectric drivers and are the same high sound quality,the only difference between them are the appearance and color."
I'm interested in this. Where did you find out about these ECM models? I'm a total convert to piezo drivers!

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #19,530 of 33,689
I'm interested in this. Where did you find out about these ECM models? I'm a total convert to piezo drivers!
I found them on AliBaba site. 3 new Artiste models, the ECM-140, 150 and 170.
I also found several new Chinese manufacturers which offer cheap piezoelectrics. I don't mean brands like SFR, HTC, I-Tech, Rosewill and Sound-inn from my previous posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back