Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #19,546 of 33,689
I believe that’s what the blue goo in the nozzle of the original version was doing. It was a damper for the highs. Unfortunately it also filtered out the bass.

So pick your poison.

The highs in the v2 don’t bother me at all. TinAudio obviously felt the same way, as they added even more highs for the T2 Pro!

Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion on the different T2 versions. I hope this clears it up:

1. The original T2 revision. Let’s call it v1. It was the one with the blue goo in the nozzle, and was only available before October 2017. It was basically back when very few people had ever heard of the T2. This is the version that has “no bass”.
2. This was the 2nd version that resulted from the explosion in popularity of the T2 in mid 2017. They had to may orders for 11.11 in 2017 that they ran out of the v1 and had to do a larger manufacturing batch. This is when they removed the blue goo. Let’s call this one v2. It is the one most people are familiar with, and sounds awesome. Plenty of bass (but some people still choose to tape the front vent for even more).
3. This is the newest model - the T2 Pro. It is a different model, and not to be confused with the T2 v1 or T2 v2. It was retuned for more treble.

So in conclusion, the T2 is just that - the T2. The “new one” is the T2 Pro. It is different. Unless people differentiate when talking about it (and say T2 Pro), there’s going to be soooo much confusion.

Yeah when you were talking about the new version it got me confused with the T2 Pro, never realized there was a 2nd revision of the T2.

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #19,548 of 33,689
Nov 9, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #19,550 of 33,689
get your wallet ready TRN fans, someone from the company said in the FB audiobudget page that they're making a 12BA and 16BA IEM before end of the year, supposedly will be using Knowles BA.

That would be extremely exciting......if it weren't for this.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2518#post-14587913

IF it is confirmed that TRN is making rookie mistakes on 8-core soldering for their new cables.......well, let's just say that it doesn't instill a great deal of confidence in their ability to properly solder 12 balanced armatures into an IEM, not to mention 16 balanced armatures.

I'm on the sidelines until there is confirmation that improper soldering is an extremely limited occurrence. More reports confirming or denying the issue should be coming in over the next few days so we'll know soon enough. Let's hope it's not a widespread issue.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #19,551 of 33,689
That would be extremely exciting......if it weren't for this.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2518#post-14587913

IF it is confirmed that TRN is making rookie mistakes on 8-core soldering for their new cables.......well, let's just say that it doesn't instill a great deal of confidence in their ability to properly solder 12 balanced armatures into an IEM, not to mention 16 balanced armatures.

I'm on the sidelines until there is confirmation that improper soldering is an extremely limited occurrence. More reports confirming or denying the issue should be coming in over the next few days so we'll know soon enough. Let's hope it's not a widespread issue.
The cables and the units would be made in different facilities by different people.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #19,552 of 33,689
there's no info about supported codecs, so I'm guessing it has sbc only

spec sheet mention nothing about supported codec, they only bragging about using bluetooth 5.0
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...ooth-Adapter-For-SE535-UE900/32955022313.html

PxauZlVrgMa8Mv6u77XEZ-Lx3NsFMAHuDGTe4pMgH8R6Xxm7a98reNcxWy9dNDpoVWWBSvJjUqOnkMkxlQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

*and battery thats looks worrying , you not supposed to drain to zero
ymm3RBKrfV5ZliG8fWsr2B51QvmCrqNsb9xSDu9nsLfRPuQxvrmYDUID4lszxYgOCTiEFjHtc_KrItlDLw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #19,553 of 33,689
get your wallet ready TRN fans, someone from the company said in the FB audiobudget page that they're making a 12BA and 16BA IEM before end of the year, supposedly will be using Knowles BA.

TRN is the lower brand of TENHZ. So this monster is going to be branded TENHZ, because the minimum price tag is 300 bucks.

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #19,554 of 33,689
TRN is the lower brand of TENHZ. So this monster is going to be branded TENHZ, because the minimum price tag is 300 bucks.

oh, so the guys went to Magaosi first after leaving KZ and only then split off to make 2 brands, TRN and Audboss (which later became Tenhz)? now that's a story I'd like to know a bit about

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #19,555 of 33,689
oh, so the guys went to Magaosi first after leaving KZ and only then split off to make 2 brands, TRN and Audboss (which later became Tenhz)? now that's a story I'd like to know a bit about

AFAIK they are the same guys with two brands. TENHZ for over 70 bucks and TRN for less.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #19,556 of 33,689
It sounds a little bit strange and unreal, because TRN appeared before Magaosi.
According to the official storyline TRN Acoustic Technology was established in October 2013. In 2014 the company divided into TRN Acoustics and DZAT (Shenzhen Du Zhe Te Technology Co). Since 2017 TRN Acoustics is known as Dongguan Zuodu Acoustic Technology Co. and now owns the TRN trademark.
Magaosi and HiLisening brands belong to Shenzhen Haili Xinxin Technology Co., registered in 2015.
Audbos and TenHZ brands belong to Shenzhen Julifei Electroacoustic Technology Co., registered in 2016.
I doubt if there's any relationship between TRN and TenHZ.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #19,557 of 33,689
AFAIK they are the same guys with two brands. TENHZ for over 70 bucks and TRN for less.

got some more info on the models from the FB page:
"12 and 16BAs will be sold under the TRN badge. It is currently developing by Mr Brain, using Knowles BA drivers. No news yet as the 12 BAs turned out quite bad. I have the beta with me.

Yes, Tenhz is a sister company of TRN (although not directly related). Audboss was the former name of TenHz.

You see, TRN was started by two guys (let’s call them “Mr Money” and “Mr Brain”). Mr Money is the co-founder of TenHz/Audboss. He is the finance supporter behind TRN. On the other hand, Mr Brain is the technical guy behind TRN (also a former engineer of KZ) but he has no influence over TenHz products. I hope this clears your doubts."

no idea how "sister company" works in this sense, but it seems they're still tuning. Going big with 12 and 16BAs, I'm intrigued.

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #19,558 of 33,689
got some more info on the models from the FB page:
"12 and 16BAs will be sold under the TRN badge. It is currently developing by Mr Brain, using Knowles BA drivers. No news yet as the 12 BAs turned out quite bad. I have the beta with me.

Yes, Tenhz is a sister company of TRN (although not directly related). Audboss was the former name of TenHz.

You see, TRN was started by two guys (let’s call them “Mr Money” and “Mr Brain”). Mr Money is the co-founder of TenHz/Audboss. He is the finance supporter behind TRN. On the other hand, Mr Brain is the technical guy behind TRN (also a former engineer of KZ) but he has no influence over TenHz products. I hope this clears your doubts."

no idea how "sister company" works in this sense, but it seems they're still tuning. Going big with 12 and 16BAs, I'm intrigued.

They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain....

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #19,559 of 33,689

Chinese corporate issues. 12 to 16 Knowles BA are too much for even Tenhz with stronger financials.

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #19,560 of 33,689
Chinese corporate issues. 12 to 16 Knowles BA are too much for even Tenhz with stronger financials.

at least we know its going to be under TRN brand and then priced under usd$300 (he seemed certain, but with things still being tuned, I'd wait for actual announcement first). He also said using the JH Layla as an inspiration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back