1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. NeonHD
    Yeah when you were talking about the new version it got me confused with the T2 Pro, never realized there was a 2nd revision of the T2.

Slater likes this.
  2. LaughMoreDaily
    Does the T2 have a metallic sound because of their metal body compared to the plastic sound of the KZ IEM's? I prefer plastic sounding/made buds.

3. chinmie
    there's no info about supported codecs, so I'm guessing it has sbc only

4. Zerohour88
    get your wallet ready TRN fans, someone from the company said in the FB audiobudget page that they're making a 12BA and 16BA IEM before end of the year, supposedly will be using Knowles BA.

paulindss, Slater and emeline like this.
  5. DocHoliday
    That would be extremely exciting......if it weren't for this.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2518#post-14587913

IF it is confirmed that TRN is making rookie mistakes on 8-core soldering for their new cables.......well, let's just say that it doesn't instill a great deal of confidence in their ability to properly solder 12 balanced armatures into an IEM, not to mention 16 balanced armatures.

I'm on the sidelines until there is confirmation that improper soldering is an extremely limited occurrence. More reports confirming or denying the issue should be coming in over the next few days so we'll know soon enough. Let's hope it's not a widespread issue.

LaughMoreDaily and hakuzen like this.
  6. superuser1
    The cables and the units would be made in different facilities by different people.

DocHoliday likes this.
  7. eggnogg
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. Theri0n
    TRN is the lower brand of TENHZ. So this monster is going to be branded TENHZ, because the minimum price tag is 300 bucks.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  9. Zerohour88
    oh, so the guys went to Magaosi first after leaving KZ and only then split off to make 2 brands, TRN and Audboss (which later became Tenhz)? now that's a story I'd like to know a bit about

10. Theri0n
    AFAIK they are the same guys with two brands. TENHZ for over 70 bucks and TRN for less.

11. Emelya
    It sounds a little bit strange and unreal, because TRN appeared before Magaosi.
    According to the official storyline TRN Acoustic Technology was established in October 2013. In 2014 the company divided into TRN Acoustics and DZAT (Shenzhen Du Zhe Te Technology Co). Since 2017 TRN Acoustics is known as Dongguan Zuodu Acoustic Technology Co. and now owns the TRN trademark.
    Magaosi and HiLisening brands belong to Shenzhen Haili Xinxin Technology Co., registered in 2015.
    Audbos and TenHZ brands belong to Shenzhen Julifei Electroacoustic Technology Co., registered in 2016.
    I doubt if there's any relationship between TRN and TenHZ.

hakuzen, Slater and loomisjohnson like this.
  12. Zerohour88
    got some more info on the models from the FB page:
    "12 and 16BAs will be sold under the TRN badge. It is currently developing by Mr Brain, using Knowles BA drivers. No news yet as the 12 BAs turned out quite bad. I have the beta with me.

Yes, Tenhz is a sister company of TRN (although not directly related). Audboss was the former name of TenHz.

You see, TRN was started by two guys (let’s call them “Mr Money” and “Mr Brain”). Mr Money is the co-founder of TenHz/Audboss. He is the finance supporter behind TRN. On the other hand, Mr Brain is the technical guy behind TRN (also a former engineer of KZ) but he has no influence over TenHz products. I hope this clears your doubts."

no idea how "sister company" works in this sense, but it seems they're still tuning. Going big with 12 and 16BAs, I'm intrigued.

13. RolledOff
    They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain
    Brain, Brain, Brain....

14. Theri0n
    Chinese corporate issues. 12 to 16 Knowles BA are too much for even Tenhz with stronger financials.

15. Zerohour88
    at least we know its going to be under TRN brand and then priced under usd$300 (he seemed certain, but with things still being tuned, I'd wait for actual announcement first). He also said using the JH Layla as an inspiration.