Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 9, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #19,531 of 33,689
Thank you again! I have looked at the Ali Baba site, nice designs but I think there won't be much difference in the sound quality from the DC1 (still one of my favourite IEMs). Pity they didn't produce a model with detachable cables like my Elecom CB1000.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #19,532 of 33,689
Electrical tape would probably do. I have requested an RMA and cited your images and fix as reference. Not letting $40 go like that. Amazon.ca appear to have surge pricing: it was $28 this morning, then $34, and now it is $38...same sellers. That's ridiculous.

Struggling with my third pair of B400s...the shells still look like as if they came out of somebody's digestive system.

Tape won’t cut it, but feel free to try.

As far as Amazon pricing, they employ a dynamic model. As demand on an item increases, the price automatically goes up.

It’s great for making boatloads of money for Bezos, but not so great for consumers.

Coke actually uses to have vending machines that were tied to the temperature. When it got hotter outside, the price of sofas would automatically change to gouge levels.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #19,533 of 33,689
Less sharp piercing treble, according to B9scrambler.

I believe that’s what the blue goo in the nozzle of the original version was doing. It was a damper for the highs. Unfortunately it also filtered out the bass.

So pick your poison.

The highs in the v2 don’t bother me at all. TinAudio obviously felt the same way, as they added even more highs for the T2 Pro!

Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion on the different T2 versions. I hope this clears it up:

1. The original T2 revision. Let’s call it v1. It was the one with the blue goo in the nozzle, and was only available before October 2017. It was basically back when very few people had ever heard of the T2. This is the version that has “no bass”.
2. This was the 2nd version that resulted from the explosion in popularity of the T2 in mid 2017. They had to may orders for 11.11 in 2017 that they ran out of the v1 and had to do a larger manufacturing batch. This is when they removed the blue goo. Let’s call this one v2. It is the one most people are familiar with, and sounds awesome. Plenty of bass (but some people still choose to tape the front vent for even more).
3. This is the newest model - the T2 Pro. It is a different model, and not to be confused with the T2 v1 or T2 v2. It was retuned for more treble.

So in conclusion, the T2 is just that - the T2. The “new one” is the T2 Pro. It is different. Unless people differentiate when talking about it (and say T2 Pro), there’s going to be soooo much confusion.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #19,534 of 33,689
I decided not to guess about all possible difference between the Artiste DC1 and the new ECM series. So I contacted Artiste Technology. And their answer is:
"Regarding the ECM-140, 150 and 170, so far we have not made them in mass production yet, but just had some samples only,that's why you can not buy them online.
These models are expected to be launched on markets at the begining of next year, please note this.
Compare to the DC1, all of them used the piezoelectric drivers and are the same high sound quality,the only difference between them are the appearance and color."

Thanks for finding that out!

Why do these companies do this?

Can you imagine if car manufacturers did this?

A black painted Honda Civic with a black interior and trunk spoiler is a Honda Civic. But a blue painted one with tan interior and no trunk spoiler is a Honda Effect. And a yellow painted one with black leather interior is a Honda Brondo.

But they are all the same exact car model - a Honda Civic.

What’s wrong with Artiste just having them all as the same model name, just you choose red, black, or blue when ordering it?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #19,535 of 33,689
Has anyone tried **** **** already?

DD+BA+ piezoelectric driver. Artiste has armatured advantage over Artiste along with detachable cable.

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #19,536 of 33,689
Has anyone tried **** **** already?

DD+BA+ piezoelectric driver. Artiste has armatured advantage over Artiste along with detachable cable.
upload_2018-11-9_19-40-25.png

They should double check their advertising material :D

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #19,538 of 33,689
Thanks and how would you compare your dm6 to your other neutral iems? Do you feel it's a big upgrade over the rest for you?

In neutral signature, I have the following IEMs:

1. Joyroom JR-E107
2. BQEYZ KC2
3. HIFIMAN RE400
4. Tin Audio T1
5. Tin Audio T2
6. OSTRY KC06
7. OSTRY KC06A (if you consider it as a neutral sounding IEM).
8. VSONIC GR07 Classic

I also have Tenhz P4 Pro. However, I feel the P4 Pro and DM6 both as equally good.

For me, it is very hard for me to choose a better IEM out of P4 Pro and DM6 and I like both of these equal for different moods.

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #19,539 of 33,689
In neutral signature, I have the following IEMs:

1. Joyroom JR-E107
2. BQEYZ KC2
3. HIFIMAN RE400
4. Tin Audio T1
5. Tin Audio T2
6. OSTRY KC06
7. OSTRY KC06A (if you consider it as a neutral sounding IEM).
8. VSONIC GR07 Classic

I also have Tenhz P4 Pro. However, I feel the P4 Pro and DM6 both as equally good.

For me, it is very hard for me to choose a better IEM out of P4 Pro and DM6 and I like both of these equal for different moods.
Interesting that you have both ostrys because I was close to pulling the trigger on there new kc07 last night. How would you compare the dm6's to the other ostrys in terms of vocals and soundstage? I am looking for good full vocals that is clear and has no recession at all. Also I'd like both male and female vocals both sounding great. It's between the dm6 and kc07 for me

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #19,540 of 33,689

So you say DM6 has as tight bass as P4, don't you?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #19,541 of 33,689
Nov 9, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #19,542 of 33,689
Tape won’t cut it, but feel free to try.

As far as Amazon pricing, they employ a dynamic model. As demand on an item increases, the price automatically goes up.

It’s great for making boatloads of money for Bezos, but not so great for consumers.

Coke actually uses to have vending machines that were tied to the temperature. When it got hotter outside, the price of sofas would automatically change to gouge levels.
Errr...the price was fluctuating wildly several times yesterday. Just got notified that my mic is being replaced under warranty :).

P.S. The screeching wheel really appears to get the grease. I got a lot of goodwill perks recently just by speaking up nicely supported by feasible arguments and being determined. And this includes waving of the $120 credit card fee, $100 off annual web hosting etc.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #19,543 of 33,689
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #19,544 of 33,689
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #19,545 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back