1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Nimweth
    Thank you again! I have looked at the Ali Baba site, nice designs but I think there won't be much difference in the sound quality from the DC1 (still one of my favourite IEMs). Pity they didn't produce a model with detachable cables like my Elecom CB1000.

Emelya likes this.
  2. Slater
    Tape won’t cut it, but feel free to try.

As far as Amazon pricing, they employ a dynamic model. As demand on an item increases, the price automatically goes up.

It’s great for making boatloads of money for Bezos, but not so great for consumers.

Coke actually uses to have vending machines that were tied to the temperature. When it got hotter outside, the price of sofas would automatically change to gouge levels.

Otto Motor and trellus like this.
  3. Slater
    I believe that’s what the blue goo in the nozzle of the original version was doing. It was a damper for the highs. Unfortunately it also filtered out the bass.

So pick your poison.

The highs in the v2 don’t bother me at all. TinAudio obviously felt the same way, as they added even more highs for the T2 Pro!

Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion on the different T2 versions. I hope this clears it up:

1. The original T2 revision. Let’s call it v1. It was the one with the blue goo in the nozzle, and was only available before October 2017. It was basically back when very few people had ever heard of the T2. This is the version that has “no bass”.
    2. This was the 2nd version that resulted from the explosion in popularity of the T2 in mid 2017. They had to may orders for 11.11 in 2017 that they ran out of the v1 and had to do a larger manufacturing batch. This is when they removed the blue goo. Let’s call this one v2. It is the one most people are familiar with, and sounds awesome. Plenty of bass (but some people still choose to tape the front vent for even more).
    3. This is the newest model - the T2 Pro. It is a different model, and not to be confused with the T2 v1 or T2 v2. It was retuned for more treble.

So in conclusion, the T2 is just that - the T2. The “new one” is the T2 Pro. It is different. Unless people differentiate when talking about it (and say T2 Pro), there’s going to be soooo much confusion.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    To.M, hakuzen, demo-to and 1 other person like this.
  4. Slater
    Thanks for finding that out!

Why do these companies do this?

Can you imagine if car manufacturers did this?

A black painted Honda Civic with a black interior and trunk spoiler is a Honda Civic. But a blue painted one with tan interior and no trunk spoiler is a Honda Effect. And a yellow painted one with black leather interior is a Honda Brondo.

But they are all the same exact car model - a Honda Civic.

What’s wrong with Artiste just having them all as the same model name, just you choose red, black, or blue when ordering it?

Nimweth and Emelya like this.
  5. Theri0n
    Has anyone tried Senfer DT6 already?

DD+BA+ piezoelectric driver. Artiste has armatured advantage over Artiste along with detachable cable.

Nimweth likes this.
  6. superuser1
    upload_2018-11-9_19-40-25.png

They should double check their advertising material :D

7. Nabillion_786
    Thanks and how would you compare your dm6 to your other neutral iems? Do you feel it's a big upgrade over the rest for you?

8. abhijollyguy
    In neutral signature, I have the following IEMs:

1. Joyroom JR-E107
    2. BQEYZ KC2
    3. HIFIMAN RE400
    4. Tin Audio T1
    5. Tin Audio T2
    6. OSTRY KC06
    7. OSTRY KC06A (if you consider it as a neutral sounding IEM).
    8. VSONIC GR07 Classic

I also have Tenhz P4 Pro. However, I feel the P4 Pro and DM6 both as equally good.

For me, it is very hard for me to choose a better IEM out of P4 Pro and DM6 and I like both of these equal for different moods.

9. Nabillion_786
    Interesting that you have both ostrys because I was close to pulling the trigger on there new kc07 last night. How would you compare the dm6's to the other ostrys in terms of vocals and soundstage? I am looking for good full vocals that is clear and has no recession at all. Also I'd like both male and female vocals both sounding great. It's between the dm6 and kc07 for me

10. Theri0n
    So you say DM6 has as tight bass as P4, don't you?

11. chinmie
  12. Otto Motor
    Errr...the price was fluctuating wildly several times yesterday. Just got notified that my mic is being replaced under warranty :).

P.S. The screeching wheel really appears to get the grease. I got a lot of goodwill perks recently just by speaking up nicely supported by feasible arguments and being determined. And this includes waving of the $120 credit card fee, $100 off annual web hosting etc.

groucho69 likes this.
  13. SilverLodestar
    Does it support AAC? I can barely understand anything from the listing.

14. Slater
    Eh, I don’t mind the charging method. Pretty typical for microusb stuff.

I’m going to wait for a few reviews to roll in before I decide :)

15. peter123
    LOL! How did you come to that conclusion from that quote?