Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #19,411 of 33,689
Just posted my review of the BQEYZ KB1. Definitely a brand to keep an eye on. I sure hope it conforms to all the ways a review should be done as has been discussed in here recently. (Actually, nah, I don't care in the least.) :relieved: Enjoy.
https://primeaudio.org/bqeyz-kb1-iem-review/

I made sure to nerf the image quality on the one I released today. Cause, you know, screw being professional.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #19,413 of 33,689
Has anyone else tried wearing their Tin T2's reversed? I tried changing the channels and wearing them similar to the CA Vega, and they are much comfier??? Maybe its just me. I'm also getting a way better seal and they sound a bit better. Go figure. I think i might keep them like this :)

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 11.28.32 am.png

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #19,415 of 33,689
For anyone looking to buy the EZAudio d4, i reached out to NiceHCK and asked if it was possible to get the 11.11 promo price earlier and they were totally okay with it and sent me the following message.

"And you can tell other head-fi bro,they can buy now,get $7.99(no need to wait until 11.11"

So if you are looking to purchase, you know the drill!

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #19,416 of 33,689
Has anyone else tried wearing their Tin T2's reversed? I tried changing the channels and wearing them similar to the CA Vega, and they are much comfier??? Maybe its just me. I'm also getting a way better seal and they sound a bit better. Go figure. I think i might keep them like this :)

That’s how I have used mine since day one (with reversed cables).

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #19,417 of 33,689
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #19,418 of 33,689

That's the only way I can wear mine and get a deep enough insertion to get niiiiice deep bass. Up, with L and R swapped.

I have tried and tried to wear them down with no luck. It's unfortunate though, as I would rather wear the T2 down. I have some Spinfits on the way, and I am hoping they'll be long enough to allow me to wear the T2 down.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #19,419 of 33,689
Does anyone here have any experience with the TRN BT10 MMCX bluetooth cable that is wired wrongly and produce a "Out of Phase" sound on their Tin Audio T2? I've purchased 2 units of TRN BT10 MMCX bluetooth cable from 2 different Aliexpress sellers that produce "Out of Phase" sound. I'm 100% sure that my T2 is not "Out of Phase" on the T2 stock cable and my other MMCX non Bluetooth MMCX cables. I'd like to hear if any T2 users are facing the same issue on their TRN Bluetooth cable.

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #19,420 of 33,689
Can someone please share a comparison between the Magaosi MGS-401 and Toneking T4 or someone share his impressions about the Magaosi 401 , i have to choose one , thanks .
My review on the Magaosi-401. Enjoy reading! :darthsmile:

photo_2018-11-03_23-05-33-2.jpg
photo_2018-10-28_23-22-44.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_230304_085.jpg
    IMG_20181103_230304_085.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #19,421 of 33,689
Here some information on frequency responses and channel (im)balances fresh from the press.

1. Brainwavz B400: Measured were two pairs, one aqua and one frosty. The measurements were repeated.

IMG_0011.jpg

Observations:
None of the four earpieces' frequency response below 300 Hz match even remotely.
The frosty pair has more bass than the aqua pair.
Brainwavz have a quality (control) issue.

--> a third pair is on its way. The latest run is that to have a smooth, glossy finish and doesn't resemble a used chewing gum anymore.

B400 all 4 comparison annotated-1-1.jpg

2. Ulitmate Ears E900S
UE900s FR annotated-1.jpg

Good channel balance, nice linear bass, scary dip in the midrange.

3. iBasso IT01
IT01 FR annotated.jpg

Mega bass/sub-bass section.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #19,422 of 33,689
I made sure to nerf the image quality on the one I released today. Cause, you know, screw being professional.
Hey B9, be a good sport, take it easy, and stop turning my words around. I was talking of image quantity (and context) and not quality (which you are referring to). Your images are outstanding and you show me one of your reviews I have not "liked" (although the quality or "professionalism" of a review does not rely on the quality of the accompanying images and/or professional photography). According to your logic, we would have to call Tyll Hertsens unprofessional. And that's not the case. But I have seen reviews elsewhere where the packaging was shown 19 times.

I reckon such discussion is expected between a guy with an arts degree and a guy with a science degree :). I wouldn't worry.

But my real problem is not B9 but B400 :)...channel imbalances and inconsistencies between pairs although they look identical on my photos. Very disappointing at this price. I wonder how many people have such faulty pairs but no measurement rig to identify and characterize the issue.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #19,423 of 33,689
This is a repost from a post of mine from "the discovery thread"; I thought I might be able to find more / other opinions and reccomendations here. I apologise if this goes against any rules of the board or anything; please just let me know and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Can you guys reccomend a multi-BA (preferably 5 or 6+) or hybrid (1 DD+ 5 BA for example, or more of both) chi-fi iem to me? I lean toward a neutral / more midrange-based sound. Also, I love the sound of the Tin T2, but I'm really looking to upgrade at least a little. I've set a budget for myself at $160. So far, I've considered these IEMs:

Musicmaker TK13s
HIFI Super SD7 Plus (love these; at least their looks)
SD7 Plus
SD7 Hybrid
Toneking TS5
Kiniera IDUN
TENHZ K5
NICEHK MAGAOSI K5
NICEHK HC5
NICEHK HK6 (have read a ton of great reviews on these)

Any of these anywhere near what I'm aiming for?

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #19,424 of 33,689
This is a repost from a post of mine from "the discovery thread"; I thought I might be able to find more / other opinions and reccomendations here. I apologise if this goes against any rules of the board or anything; please just let me know and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Can you guys reccomend a multi-BA (preferably 5 or 6+) or hybrid (1 DD+ 5 BA for example, or more of both) chi-fi iem to me? I lean toward a neutral / more midrange-based sound. Also, I love the sound of the Tin T2, but I'm really looking to upgrade at least a little. I've set a budget for myself at $160. So far, I've considered these IEMs:

Musicmaker TK13s
HIFI Super SD7 Plus (love these; at least their looks)
SD7 Plus
SD7 Hybrid
Toneking TS5
Kiniera IDUN
TENHZ K5
NICEHK MAGAOSI K5
NICEHK HC5
NICEHK HK6 (have read a ton of great reviews on these)

Any of these anywhere near what I'm aiming for?
BQEYZ KB100 : almost same sound signature as T2 but with fuller and wider bass (and a far better soundstage IMHO, deeper and more accurate).
Just check the reviews about them : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-kb100.23369/reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back