Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 5, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #19,441 of 33,689
I recommend you to look at the Rosewill EX-500. It is absolutely the same as the Sound-inn TS-PIE010 and available now on Amazon for $22 (Amazon ASIN number is B06XBBKNQP) with a set of SpinFit eartips. I also found the short review. The author's opinion about the sound signature differs from the official EX-500/TS-PIE010 FR graph
1459330512634847.png
Thanks for that, very interesting. I saw the review and also looked at Amazon. The price is very reasonable.

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #19,442 of 33,689
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #19,443 of 33,689
I was having a problem with them that I thought was a channel imbalance. I tried them a few days later on a different dap and the imbalance was gone. Maybe it wasn’t the dap after all - maybe it was just reinserting them that one time that was the issue?
We repeated our measurements which eliminated the issue of insertions depth. And everything above 300 Hz was matching. We also measured other items and never had such inconsistent results.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #19,444 of 33,689
@Slater Just reading your not so positive comments about qkz on this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1296#post-14578856

Wondering if there is any chance you've heard the qkz x3? They only cost about $5 as well and i got them based on this review

http://www.thephonograph.net/qkz-x3-review/

I thought they kind of looked like the kz edr.

I have not.

But my final thought on QKZ still stands.

If you are considering any QKZ, I would strongly suggest just saving up a few dollars more and upping your budget, or else just get a KZ EDR1 for $3. Seriously, life is too short. You can't be that poor, even a 'student with no money'. Eat ramen, give up coffee for a few months, do some odd jobs for a neighbor. A homeless beggar can collect $10-$20 in a few hours. If they can do it, you can too.”

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #19,445 of 33,689
I have not.

But my final thought on QKZ still stands.

If you are considering any QKZ, I would strongly suggest just saving up a few dollars more and upping your budget, or else just get a KZ EDR1 for $3. Seriously, life is too short. You can't be that poor, even a 'student with no money'. Eat ramen, give up coffee for a few months, do some odd jobs for a neighbor. A homeless beggar can collect $10-$20 in a few hours. If they can do it, you can too.”

Lol i laughed when i read that. I get them in a few weeks and im curious to see how they sound. They were just purchased on a whim when i was looking for new cheap gym headphones.

I really didnt need another sub $20 headphone but here i am. I'm also waiting on the EZ Audio D4, and qcy QM05. I'm quickly realizing i should have bought something like the iBasso right away instead of bunches of $15 purchases. But ah well....as is chi-fi.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #19,446 of 33,689
I noticed that I could get wrong bass measurements by touching the IEM cable or even the laptop that did the measurements. The results could be drastic just by tapping the cable slightly.

Yes, this is true as well. Cable micro-phonics definitely can affect the measurement.

We repeated our measurements which eliminated the issue of insertions depth. And everything above 300 Hz was matching. We also measured other items and never had such inconsistent results.

Hmm, too bad we will probably never know why this was happening. I would imagine Brainwavz is just going to keep sending you pairs until you get one that is not inconsistent?

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #19,447 of 33,689
Every once in a while I have the luck to buy a very good budget IEM - like e.g. Tin Audio T2 or the Urbanfun Hifi Hybrid in the past.

This time it is the BQEYZ KC2.

And I am questioning again the hundreds of EUROs models I have bought.
Actually, because of how good the BQEYZ KC2 sounds I am selling the two priciest models I own currently, because they are not better imo.

All I have to do now with the KC2 is to look for the right foam tips which tames me the occasionally piercing and sharp treble / higher mids section where the "S"s and "C"s are. But this is me worth some more Euros and the time consumption.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #19,448 of 33,689
Every once in a while I have the luck to buy a very good budget IEM - like e.g. Tin Audio T2 or the Urbanfun Hifi Hybrid in the past.

This time it is the BQEYZ KC2.

And I am questioning again the hundreds of EUROs models I have bought.
Actually, because of how good the BQEYZ KC2 sounds I am selling the two priciest models I own currently, because they are not better imo.

All I have to do now with the KC2 is to look for the right foam tips which tames me the occasionally piercing and sharp treble / higher mids section where the "S"s and "C"s are. But this is me worth some more Euros and the time consumption.
The KC2 are truly gems. I highly recommend using narrow-bore tips with them.

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #19,449 of 33,689
Here is my take on the EZAUDIO D4: they are really good and only cost $7.99 on 11th November Singles Day.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-ezaudio-d4.23404/reviews#review-21129

On the three photos in the review, the D4 are sitting on a piece of ca. 450 Ma old Ordovician (roofing) slate that used to serve as a shingle on the Benedictine Abbey of St. Michael in Bamberg, Germany, where my parents were married and my family had a brewery within the monastery complex between 1899 and 1968. This piece of solidified mudrock spent its last 200 years on the church roof. After its retirement, I now use this slate as a hot plate (with rubber feet attached).

tumblr_inline_miv2akn7MV1qz4rgp.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #19,451 of 33,689
Nov 6, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #19,454 of 33,689
Have anyone Listen to the FiiO FH5?

Any other Chinese IEM that is considered better but at a lower cost?

I posted a review of the FH5 to head-fi and to my blog (listed in sig) during the review tour. It was good, but not worth the increased asking price in my opinion. At the same price point I think the LZ-a5 or FLC-8s were both better options. Below that price, this thread is full of options.

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #19,455 of 33,689
I'd appreciate if anyone who own both could compare the TRN V80 vs the BQEYZ BQ3.

The highs on the V80 are too unnatural without foam tips, but I don't like foam tips. Otherwise, the bass and the mids are almost amazing for the price but the highs are horrible. Normally I love highs and my primary IEM is Andromeda which is famous for its highs. But sometime I want MOAR BASS and since I got used to the perfect highs of Andro it's hard to tolerate the plastic, almost incorrect highs of the V80. For this price, it's not a deal breaker though. Generally speaking, the ED16 and V80 are fantastic IEMs for their price. I wonder if the BQ3 might be what I'm looking for.

I posted in the sub-100$ thread already but no proper comparison from anyone there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back