Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #18,781 of 33,689
I assume around 4:45? (listening on the YT vid), seems the distortion is also present when listening through my TO180, though I can see what you mean on the sibilant part. Tolerable to me, gonna pierce the ears of those treble-sensitive.
Yeah just after that mine sound distorted, so beyond sibilant. Put it this way, my KZ ZS6's sound a lot better in that part and they are still sibilant. Maybe mine are defective?

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #18,782 of 33,689
*Not spending that much on an IEM not spending that much on an IEM not spending th*

I never have and never will. No need. Besides, I have headphones and buds..not just IEMs,

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #18,783 of 33,689
Yeah just after that mine sound distorted, so beyond sibilant. Put it this way, my KZ ZS6's sound a lot better in that part and they are still sibilant. Maybe mine are defective?

some IEMs handle sibilance/distortion better than others. Given that the QM05 is a DD, not surprised if it got to that part and just gave up, lol (would explain the slow bass decay). If the track are mastered that way (with the sibilance included), I wouldn't worry. Test with other tracks to see if the distortion occurs. I'm still throwing songs at it too, since I just got it yesterday.

if you're really curious, might as well give audiocheck.net a try, might find where it distorts the most

Oct 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #18,787 of 33,689
I've got a pair of these and while the size and fit are fantastic, they sound horrible in the top end, beyond sibilant and and somewhat distorted.

Try some measures of checking.

For example:

1. Try to run them for at least 100 hours to hear if the audible sound changes for the better.
2. Check if you got a good fit (with no leaks), or try one size ear tip(s) bigger.
3. Can be your source, try different sources including digital and analog.
4. Check the "Low" and "Hi" gain (ohms) switch on your headphone AMP (if you have this selection). It can make the difference between clarity and distortion.
5. Do an audio check (online or software) and see if you might have gotten a defective pair.

Maybe others in head-fi might want to chime-in with their ideas and add on to your comment.

Hope this works out for you...

-Clear

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #18,788 of 33,689
Just curious to know that what should be the direct huge upgrade of BGVP DM6? :confused:

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #18,790 of 33,689
Ibasso IT04 :beyersmile: (not that I have it, gonna be more than a month before I can even test it)
From the reviews, it seems to be a slight v-shaped which is definitely not what I am looking for.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #18,792 of 33,689
If you're really looking for a neutral sig, the ER4-inspired Massdrop Plus is another option (not chi-fi, if that's an issue).
Yeah, I want that, too, looks like it might be my endgame.

In other news, after equalizing (20Hz: +5dB; 250Hz: -3dB; 3,5-5kHz: +8dB) I've accepted the relative greatness of TRN V80. But it will look worn out and silver in a while - the paint is coming off here and there. Doesn't seem like there will ever be any functional issues, though.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #18,793 of 33,689
Just seen the DM6 on massdrop. Anyone know where they will be shipped from?

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #18,794 of 33,689
From the reviews, it seems to be a slight v-shaped which is definitely not what I am looking for.
That's the problem when people give advice on products they've never heard. How hard is it to just not respond and let someone actually give a helpful response and actually help you out? Sorry friend, I can't help you out because I personally haven't heard the DM6 yet.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #18,795 of 33,689
That's the problem when people give advice on products they've never heard. How hard is it to just not respond and let someone actually give a helpful response and actually help you out? Sorry friend, I can't help you out because I personally haven't heard the DM6 yet.
When it comes to selecting "expensive" iems from the word of mouth, I only trust a handful of people, rely on comparisons, and want to see the FR curve for the basic flavour....all of these combined [one exception: Tyll Hertsens, now retired]. After a while, some winners are crystallizing out such as the Etymotic 4 series, iBasso IT01, Brainwavz B400, Massdrop XXX for $300, or Campfire Andromeda you cannot go wrong with. What I could not care less about is window-dressing which leads to emotions and impact buying....well, I do this in the $20 range occasionally... :)

Result: I don't have many "expensive" iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back