Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 12, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #18,796 of 33,689
Had a week now with my Audbos P4 and I can claim it is probably the best IEM buy I ever did in terms of price performance ratio and maybe in general, too.

So engaging, so natural and balanced and crystal clear with plenty of details and good extension to both ends.

Important for the next ratings:
I EQed the P4 -2dB at 63Hz and -3dB at 125Hz and have to mention I run it with my Samsung S9 in Adapt Sound modus (means, the App did like measure out my hearing abilities and adapts the sound which results in a slight lift in the bass and highs I would bet if I hear the difference to normal modus)

It comes so close to my Rose Mini4 and shares most strengths and exceeds even in some.

The P4 is the slightly bolder and more engaging and natural of the two and end to end extension is better and also the room feeling.
If you'd consider the Mini4 as neutral, the P4 is about 2-3 dB north in bass and continue this further to the mids at least.

Think it comes down to personal preferences or moods which to pick if you have to...The more engaging P4 or the more "reasonable" neutral Mini4.
Moods, think this gonna be the descision maker which I will pick the next time.

If I would not expecting the Mini6 the next weeks (and the MT100) I would be simply done because both, P4 and Mini4 reproduce my music such like I would expect it to be in real, live in front of me, true to life.

Unbelievable, the Audbos P4 sells for only 70€ atm
Hows the audbos p4s soundstage compared to your rose mini 4? Would you consider these average or big for soundstage?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #18,797 of 33,689
When it comes to selecting "expensive" iems from the word of mouth, I only trust a handful of people, rely on comparisons, and want to see the FR curve for the basic flavour....all of these combined [one exception: Tyll Hertsens, now retired]. After a while, some winners are crystallizing out such as the Etymotic 4 series, iBasso IT01, Brainwavz B400, Massdrop XXX for $300, or Campfire Andromeda you cannot go wrong with. What I could not care less about is window-dressing which leads to emotions and impact buying....well, I do this in the $20 range occasionally... :)

Result: I don't have many "expensive" iems.
At the end of the day, trust your own ears since you are the one listening.
I always recommend FLC8S or FLC8N for those who want to venture into TOTL IEMs.
Since they offer 36 different sound signatures, you can roughly know what you really want before the next step of upgrade.
Happy listening! :beyersmile:

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #18,798 of 33,689
I wouldn't recommend the FLC8S to anyone, another of those massively hyped ones I don't "get" at all... :beyersmile:

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #18,799 of 33,689
Hows the audbos p4s soundstage compared to your rose mini 4? Would you consider these average or big for soundstage?
Natural. Compared to the Mini4 more spacious, simply better. Average, direction big imo.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #18,800 of 33,689
At the end of the day, trust your own ears since you are the one listening.
I always recommend FLC8S or FLC8N for those who want to venture into TOTL IEMs.
Since they offer 36 different sound signatures, you can roughly know what you really want before the next step of upgrade.
Happy listening! :beyersmile:

Oh the experience of fiddling with all those little tuning pieces. A personal hell that made me put them aside in disgust, never to be played with again.
I got obsessed with trying every single combination, and in what felt like hours later, I abandoned the project.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #18,801 of 33,689
That's the problem when people give advice on products they've never heard. How hard is it to just not respond and let someone actually give a helpful response and actually help you out? Sorry friend, I can't help you out because I personally haven't heard the DM6 yet.

it was just a random comment since no one responded and I just had a discussion with a friend who's lending me his IT04, if you feel that's not helpful then I'm sorry.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #18,802 of 33,689
it was just a random comment since no one responded and I just had a discussion with a friend who's lending me his IT04, if you feel that's not helpful then I'm sorry.
I apologize for my misunderstanding then. I didn't see the part that you did actually listen to both of the iem's and were giving your opinions on them both, based on your actually having listened to them both. My comment wasn't necessarily directed just at you, but at the commenters who do try and give someone opinions on stuff that they've never heard themselves. It happens way to often, in my opinion, and we all should be more careful as our comments can have influence over someone's spending. I do apologize to you though, as I was wrong in lumping you in with those sort of comments.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #18,803 of 33,689
I apologize for my misunderstanding then. I didn't see the part that you did actually listen to both of the iem's and were giving your opinions on them both, based on your actually having listened to them both. My comment wasn't necessarily directed just at you, but at the commenters who do try and give someone opinions on stuff that they've never heard themselves. It happens way to often, in my opinion, and we all should be more careful as our comments can have influence over someone's spending. I do apologize to you though, as I was wrong in lumping you in with those sort of comments.

I didn't actually say much more than just Ibasso IT04 and then a smiley face, since I thought that smiley would make it clear that I was just bantering

Didn't realize it wasn't allowed here, I'll be careful next time. cheers

Oct 12, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #18,804 of 33,689
Ibasso IT04 :beyersmile: (not that I have it, gonna be more than a month before I can even test it)

I didn't actually say much more than just Ibasso IT04 and then a smiley face, since I thought that smiley would make it clear that I was just bantering

Didn't realize it wasn't allowed here, I'll be careful next time. cheers

You're fine. Your original post was clear as day. Don't be discouraged from posting in the future.

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #18,806 of 33,689
Posted a bunch of reviews this week to my blog. So I am finally getting caught up.

Auglamour F200
BQEYZ KB1
TFZ Tequila
Echobox Nomad
AAW/Shozy Hibiki Mk2
Astrotec Lyra Classic

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #18,809 of 33,689
1539521968827.jpg

1539522075208.jpg

Looks absolutely class in real life!!! It's gonna be between these and the os v3 for my iem to keep.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #18,810 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back