Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #18,393 of 33,689
Is the DM6 vs OS V3 price difference worth it?? And about the TMSR 7 star, is it a different league with the 2?
Hi, I will let you know the difference soon. In the meantime, you can read my review of the DM6

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #18,395 of 33,689
Heya guys, from what i've been reading it seems like the XBA6-in-1 from S*nfer has 2 knowles BA drivers, is that true?
I mean, the BAs cost like 50$ so how is it possible?

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #18,397 of 33,689
So there's no IEM that could beat TRN v80 at its price point?
After receiving the faulty pair i tried to figure out better using just one of the two earbuds (the onlt one functioning) and i have to say treble is really sibilant and fatiguing (even if extremely detailed).

There is no IEM with the cable that goes around the ear that can actually beat the v80 now?
I mean in terms of soundstage, imaging, layering separation, bass extension and detail retrieval with even balanced mids (or just not so much recessed)?

I seriously can't understand what to buy at the moment, it seems like the ed16 would be a step back but i don't see other options in the sub 30$ bucket.

There's some other options but I believe they're banned to talk about. However, those other comparable options cost about 5 bucks more and its in fierce debate whether or not they're actually better or just slightly hyped.

The aforementioned RX-8 is by the same banned company I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #18,398 of 33,689
There's some other options but I believe they're banned to talk about. However, those other comparable options cost about 5 bucks more and its in fierce debate whether or not they're actually better or just slightly hyped.

The aforementioned RX-8 is by the same banned company I'm talking about.

The only problem about the headphones you're talkin about is that they have a big shell which i can't wear as i have a very small ear.:frowning2:

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #18,399 of 33,689
Consider the RX8 and BQEYZ in that case. I would choose them before V80 anyway. And btw I was one of the others with a loose nozzle and snapped wires.

Just a little question: which color did u pick of the trn v80?
I'm just asking to the people who got faulty unit to understand if it's just somethinf about certain colors or painting type and so on.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #18,400 of 33,689
Just a little question: which color did u pick of the trn v80?
I'm just asking to the people who got faulty unit to understand if it's just somethinf about certain colors or painting type and so on.

Hmmm, good point.

TRN did make the change from glossy paint in the initial production runs to matte paint at a later point. I wonder if there was some other reason, or if they used that as an opportunity to make other changes. Every other manufacturer does, so why not TRN...

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #18,401 of 33,689
The only problem about the headphones you're talkin about is that they have a big shell which i can't wear as i have a very small ear.:frowning2:

Depending on what sound you're after (or what music you listen to), as well as your budget, you could always get something with a very small shell. Like KZ ZSA, EMI CI-880 (Estron C630), or there's also a 2DD+2BA quad driver that uses Knowles BAs.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #18,402 of 33,689
Depending on what sound you're after (or what music you listen to), as well as your budget, you could always get something with a very small shell. Like KZ ZSA, EMI CI-880 (Estron C630), or there's also a 2DD+2BA quad driver that uses Knowles BAs.

Which one is that that uses knowles ba's?

Also gloss paint adds microns more width than matte paint, so if fitment was poor it could be because gloss paint added too much width to separate parts. Also gloss paint is a little harder to make an even looking nice surface. Matte's ezpz to deal with

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #18,403 of 33,689
Hmmm, good point.

TRN did make the change from glossy paint in the initial production runs to matte paint at a later point. I wonder if there was some other reason, or if they used that as an opportunity to make other changes. Every other manufacturer does, so why not TRN...

Yes i was thinking about the color swapping.
Maybe the color swap changed something in the production that's causing these defects now.
A TRN beta tester on audiobudget facebook page said trn has 1 defective pair out of 5.000 average, and this is strange considering here on the forum we were 3 people and one more on the facebook post comments.
So 4 out of 20k actually? I don't know, something has happened, i'm just trying to understand if it depends on the type of colore (glossy or matte).

If the last one you're mentioning is what i think around 50$, it's out of my budget sadly.
Is that in ear really using knowles drivers?
It's incredible i mean, 2x knowles drivers cost 50$ and that headphone costs like 50$.
How can it be possible?

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #18,404 of 33,689
Yes i was thinking about the color swapping.
Maybe the color swap changed something in the production that's causing these defects now.
A TRN beta tester on audiobudget facebook page said trn has 1 defective pair out of 5.000 average, and this is strange considering here on the forum we were 3 people and one more on the facebook post comments.
So 4 out of 20k actually? I don't know, something has happened, i'm just trying to understand if it depends on the type of colore (glossy or matte).
I believe they're using the 30442 high driver, and that's actually a cheaper knowles driver, as far as knowles drivers go. Also, it wouldn't cost them 50.00 per driver, as they'd buy bulk and would get them cheaper. I'm not 100% convinced that they're genuine knowles though, but that is strictly a hunch. I guess we won't know unless someone buys one and tears it apart though.

If the last one you're mentioning is what i think around 50$, it's out of my budget sadly.
Is that in ear really using knowles drivers?
It's incredible i mean, 2x knowles drivers cost 50$ and that headphone costs like 50$.
How can it be possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back