Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 23, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #18,361 of 33,689
Do you know if Taobao seller sends to overseas? I prefer to buy directly and avoid the use of agents.
upload_2018-9-23_14-35-43.png

Sep 23, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #18,362 of 33,689
From my memory alone, (when compared to the MEMT X5) i think the TRN V20 is much more capable.

From the couple of sleepless hours it gave me last night, it has plentiful sub-bass, with great quality as well. Very energetic bass, but the treble is too hot for me. Fit wise can be a nightmare but once u find the right tip, the are real comfortable to wear.

Isolation is great too (like the X5). IIRC the X5 has plentiful bass, but it has a weird laid back signature afterwards that the music is playing 3 steps away from u, its not like u are at the center of the stage (i should really give them a listen first which i may edit my comment later xD)

Edit: Totally forgotten abt the signature xD the X5 is much more in your face kind. The trebles is where it is lacking details. Very V-shaped when compared to the TRN, with very recessed mids.

The V20 is much clearer between the 2, though the quantity of trebles is much apparent on the X5, the quality is where it lose out. Loud trebles, that's it xD Mids are also more forward on the V20.

If u ask me, the V20 is better among the 2. By huuuuge margin, no. But still by a margin :wink:
T20 is excluded :frowning2:
Fitting was a nightmare at least for me and i couldn't enjoy their sound due to discomfort.

Sep 23, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #18,363 of 33,689
Waiting on my DMG, will probably be another week or so before I can do an early comparison with the OS V3. The 7 Star is superb. Build quality is extremely good. It has a full, punchy mid-bass, lush and sweet midrange. I heard that they "might" be available from Penon Audio in the future which would make buying them a lot easier.
Does the 7 star have more of a lush and sweet midrange then the os v3?

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #18,364 of 33,689
T20 is excluded :frowning2:
Fitting was a nightmare at least for me and i couldn't enjoy their sound due to discomfort.
Ahh man yeap the nozzle is super long but it works pretty well for me. The UiiSii CM5 has similar signature as the Tinaudio T2 IMO. Balanced and does everything well. Rather wide soundstage but less airy.
Edit: My front vent is taped and i find that they have almost the same signature with the T2 having better clarity in the treble region.

Either way i find the V20 to lack a fair bit of detail when i compare it against the T2, CM5 and AS10.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #18,366 of 33,689
Ahh man yeap the nozzle is super long but it works pretty well for me. The UiiSii CM5 has similar signature as the Tinaudio T2 IMO. Balanced and does everything well. Rather wide soundstage but less airy.
Edit: My front vent is taped and i find that they have almost the same signature with the T2 having better clarity in the treble region.

Either way i find the V20 to lack a fair bit of detail when i compare it against the T2, CM5 and AS10.

Heard good things about the cm5.
Anyway, i'm going around and what i'm putting my attention are:
- TFZ series 2
- another pair of trn v80, hoping it's not a faulty unit

Does anyone have both and can compare?
The tfz series 2 seems anyway much bigger than the v80s.

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #18,367 of 33,689
Heard good things about the cm5.
Anyway, i'm going around and what i'm putting my attention are:
- TFZ series 2
- another pair of trn v80, hoping it's not a faulty unit

Does anyone have both and can compare?
The tfz series 2 seems anyway much bigger than the v80s.
If you love the V80 so much why not just buy another one and be extra careful when you change tips.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #18,368 of 33,689
If you love the V80 so much why not just buy another one and be extra careful when you change tips.

Because i was already extra-careful changing tips, like i always do with every iem :frowning2:
I'm afraid something bad went on with the v80 production, here some people found loose nozzle and smthg like that, i'm so afraid again:/

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #18,369 of 33,689
Anything from BQEYZ and also the RevoNext RX8 at $25 IMO. The RX8 measures exactly the same as its bigger sibling but to my ears has more sub-bass.

I had fit issues with the bigger sibling so I traded that and my Tin Audio T1(more fit issues) to my husband. Hmmm I just realized.. I recently took pity on him and gave him back the one he had given to me in exchange. Now that is annoying.

I have a red RX8 on the way. Looking forward to it... and to my TFZ exclusive 3. Plus a £6 bud is on the way.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #18,370 of 33,689
I had fit issues with the bigger sibling so I traded that and my Tin Audio T1(more fit issues) to my husband. Hmmm I just realized.. I recently took pity on him and gave him back the one he had given to me in exchange. Now that is annoying.

I have a red RX8 on the way. Looking forward to it... and to my TFZ exclusive 3. Plus a £6 bud is on the way.
The RX8 is crazy good value for money. I think it's brilliant.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #18,371 of 33,689
Because i was already extra-careful changing tips, like i always do with every iem :frowning2:
I'm afraid something bad went on with the v80 production, here some people found loose nozzle and smthg like that, i'm so afraid again:/
Consider the RX8 and BQEYZ in that case. I would choose them before V80 anyway. And btw I was one of the others with a loose nozzle and snapped wires.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #18,372 of 33,689
Well you can dial down the bass with the switches to make the mids more forward.
Just about a week ago I was fixed on getting either the dmg or the os v3, but 2 more iems have popped out of nowhere that really intrigues me, in the tsmr and the anew u1 respectively. The latter has the use of carbon nanotube technology and has said to be a great performer at the £100 price range.

I'm really stuck on which one of the 4 will compliment my queen's the best?

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #18,374 of 33,689
Consider the RX8 and BQEYZ in that case. I would choose them before V80 anyway. And btw I was one of the others with a loose nozzle and snapped wires.

So do you have the rx8? How do you compare with the trn v80 technically?

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #18,375 of 33,689
Just about a week ago I was fixed on getting either the dmg or the os v3, but 2 more iems have popped out of nowhere that really intrigues me, in the tsmr and the anew u1 respectively. The latter has the use of carbon nanotube technology and has said to be a great performer at the £100 price range.

I'm really stuck on which one of the 4 will compliment my queen's the best?
After that, it will be "something to compliment my queen's and xxx" haha darn rabbit hole hobby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back