Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 15, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #18,061 of 33,689
I'm not sure where those are made, but with the prices they have right now, as they're on a large sale, I think they should fit well in this thread :)

NuForce HEM8, HEM Dynamic and BE2

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/09/nuforce-dynamic-be2-hem8-optoma-experience.html

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-NuForce-Optoma-HEM8-Dynamic-BE2-IEMs-115.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-NuForce-Optoma-HEM8-Dynamic-BE2-IEMs-11.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-NuForce-Optoma-HEM8-Dynamic-BE2-IEMs-33.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-NuForce-Optoma-HEM8-Dynamic-BE2-IEMs-26.jpg

Where can i get the BE2 in europe?

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #18,062 of 33,689
I would say so but you can judge by yourself taking this FR graph as reference...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nqifCZ_QT-w/W3iSX4DICcI/AAAAAAABMh0/HKczgzcxftIWZxtMUAgKfa-Ved5TdFXewCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/KZ+AS10+vs+T2+vs+T2+Vent.jpg

Even after my EQ adaptation I am more than satisfied with the bass level and it's more in quantity than I use to like (at and closely around reference level) but I left it there because it's so convincing in the performance quality.

Compared to the AS10 the B5+ is like completely different in its nature and tonality, more like a slightly peaky, thinner, more resolving, analytical, less forgiving and less natural sounding IEM.
In absolute terms the Hisenior is very good sounding, too and
Ootb the more reference sounding flater IEM.

But once EQing the AS10 to my preferences it was a fast and easy step to sort the B5+ out of my favourites shelf.

thank you for the description, based on that i think i would pass the AS10 for now as it seems warmer and more mid bassy than the B5+, which is already a but warmer than my favorite etys. I'm still happy to see that KZ is upping their game that it could compete with the more expensive multi BAs. might get them a few versions forward

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #18,063 of 33,689
thank you for the description, based on that i think i would pass the AS10 for now as it seems warmer and more mid bassy than the B5+, which is already a but warmer than my favorite etys. I'm still happy to see that KZ is upping their game that it could compete with the more expensive multi BAs. might get them a few versions forward
I see you like also balanced out and close to neutral IEM's.
You may consider the Toneking T4, Rose Mini line or the very good Simgot EN700 Pro. All have a flat signature but at the same time keep the strength to stay musical and beeing not dead neutral or boring.
I had the reference Ety's and liked them a lot but couldn't adopt to the deep insertion and especially the relating hygienic disadvantages.
The others come very close and have a very good fit except the Mini6 out of the Mini line.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #18,065 of 33,689
I'm seriously sad for my bad experience with the v80s..

Anyway, i'm curious to know a little thing.
How would you compare ZSA vs TRN v80?
And how wouod you compare ED16 vs TRN v80?

Terms: soundstage, imaging, bass, mids, treble, separation

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #18,067 of 33,689
Which IEM has very neutral sound with a very slight lift in bass and neutral to warm treble under the budget of $50?

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #18,068 of 33,689
Which IEM has very neutral sound with a very slight lift in bass and neutral to warm treble under the budget of $50?

Tin Audio T1's. I've had them for a bit now and they're almost exactly what you describe.

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #18,069 of 33,689
can anyone recommend an iem with good soundstage and bass with removable cable and mic at around 30$ currently i am looking at kz zs6

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #18,070 of 33,689
Tin Audio T1's. I've had them for a bit now and they're almost exactly what you describe.
I already have it and I like it a lot... Any other which is better?

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #18,071 of 33,689
I already have it and I like it a lot... Any other which is better?

Auglamour F200's are quite similar to the Tin's. They have a bit more emphasis on the lower treble and maybe aren't technically as good as the T1's, but are still extremely smooth and enjoyable.

The Hifiman RE-400's are very slightly over-budget but sound magnificent (neutral, smooth and extremely resolving).

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #18,072 of 33,689
Auglamour F200's are quite similar to the Tin's. They have a bit more emphasis on the lower treble and maybe aren't technically as good as the T1's, but are still extremely smooth and enjoyable.

The Hifiman RE-400's are very slightly over-budget but sound magnificent (neutral, smooth and extremely resolving).
I have RE400 as well.

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #18,073 of 33,689
Sep 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #18,074 of 33,689
I agree that it is a more difficult task to create a quality IEM that has multiple drivers versus one dynamic driver. For that reason, I would say that in the majority of cases, given a particular price-point, the dynamic driver will win out simply because the engineering challenges, as you suggest, as fewer. However, you do reach a certain point in which, for lack of a better term, one runs out of headroom. Making a single dynamic driver that competes at the $1000 level, for example, is much more difficult than making a multi-BA that does so. There are simply limitations to what any driver arrangement can do, and there are numerous areas in which one driver type has less of a limitation than another driver type.

Additionally, while issues with phase or crossover are problematic, they are becoming less so every day as more and more companies deal with the tech.

If you compare the worst of one type to the best of another per your analogy, it will yield much different conclusions than if you compared average to average. An average car is going to be better in the vast majority of use-cases than an average horse and carriage. I think it's possible to make similar claims regarding driver types.
But the people making the music in studios still use single DD headphones. Or is there some problem with scaling down from 50mm DD to 5mm, which high-priced multi-driver configurations fix in the IEM arena?

Sep 15, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #18,075 of 33,689
Tin Audio T2 Pro. Comes out Monday for pre-order on Massdrop. Packaging is the same. Cable 3.5mm barrel is bigger. There are still vents inside and outside. The only noticeable difference is the ear canal screen is removed.

P1020176.JPG P1020179.JPG

P1020190.JPG P1020183.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back