Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 31, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #15,751 of 33,689
The connection on the new T2 is as tight as a nun's nasty. I still haven't been able to remove a third party cable from them.

Is there anything wrong with the cable? If there’s nothing wrong with it, I would just leave it on there and just enjoy the T2.

May 31, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #15,752 of 33,689
Thank you clear. I just realized that the ACZ KR06-6 is now available on Aliexpress.
Since HLSX808 I have followed your recommendations.
It couldn't be different and I couldn't resist lol
I asked for a discount and bang!
Capture_2018_05_31_13_13_55.png

No offense, but I hope they sound better than they look! :D

May 31, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #15,754 of 33,689
I a had a problem with a BT cable I bought recently. Tried to connect it to my T2s and one of the connectors just wouldn't go in. Tried with another pair of earphones - similar story, but it got in eventually. When I was pulling that connector out again, something snapped and from then on went in and out easily with every socket.

So, maybe it's not the earphones' fault after all, but the cable's. Used a pair of pliers and pulled gently when it got stuck.

May 31, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #15,756 of 33,689
May 31, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #15,757 of 33,689
I a had a problem with a BT cable I bought recently. Tried to connect it to my T2s and one of the connectors just wouldn't go in. Tried with another pair of earphones - similar story, but it got in eventually. When I was pulling that connector out again, something snapped and from then on went in and out easily with every socket.

So, maybe it's not the earphones' fault after all, but the cable's. Used a pair of pliers and pulled gently when it got stuck.

This is why MMCX aren’t that great of a removable cable solution IMO. Too many fit, compatibility, and reliability problems.

The 2-pin KZ type plugs are much more robust and reliable in my experience.

I also like the mini “DC” style connection, like used on the WKZ W1 Pro or the iRock i8 (I wish you saw this style on a lot more IEMs). It is idiot proof, and is impossible to plug in out of phase like the 2-pin plugs.

May 31, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #15,758 of 33,689
This is why MMCX aren’t that great of a removable cable solution IMO. Too many fit, compatibility, and reliability problems.

The 2-pin KZ type plugs are much more robust and reliable in my experience.

I also like the mini “DC” style connection, like used on the WKZ W1 Pro or the iRock i8 (I wish you saw this style on a lot more IEMs). It is idiot proof, and is impossible to plug in out of phase like the 2-pin plugs.

kZ didn't invent their 2pin connectors. They are using the non standard 0.75mm while the rest uses 0.78mm.

May 31, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #15,759 of 33,689
kZ didn't invent their 2pin connectors. They are using the non standard 0.75mm while the rest uses 0.78mm.

Yeah, I know. But most people that hang out in this thread are way more familiar with the 0.75mm 2-pin as used by KZ and TRN, even if they are the more proprietary of the 2-pin sizes.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #15,761 of 33,689
Audiobudget posted graphs of the TRN v60 on FB. No amount of screen removal is going to help the subdued treble. It almost seems like they used a wrong value resistor on the treble and it is shelved down way too far. Mine have not shown up, but there is some rumblings that it was not supposed to be like that.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #15,762 of 33,689
Audiobudget posted graphs of the TRN v60 on FB. No amount of screen removal is going to help the subdued treble. It almost seems like they used a wrong value resistor on the treble and it is shelved down way too far. Mine have not shown up, but there is some rumblings that it was not supposed to be like that.

Yeah, drama going on there. It seems the V60 was not supposed to come out like that. We are awaiting a response from TRN. Hoping they will take back all the wrong-working units they already sold and give us the normal-working ones.
Point of the story: DON'T BUY TRN V60!!! Until (or if ever) the problem gets resolved. All batches getting oversees seem to be affected, no matter the store.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #15,764 of 33,689
Is there anything wrong with the cable? If there’s nothing wrong with it, I would just leave it on there and just enjoy the T2.
It is very heavy and has memory wire...and I have it connected as to wear it down and not over ear. This brings the microphone down to the knees.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #15,765 of 33,689
MMCX is dangerous. I have my nice IT01 cable molded in apparently, and I don't want to even attempt in confirming that assessment...I did however rip out the MMCX from the Yensen 2000 with glee...I don't understand why these are used in expensive IEMs.
A 2 pin can be pushed out little by little, one side at a time. MMCX remains a mystery to me. They could take advantage of the rotating factor and have a locking mechanism or something...I don't know, but I don't like.:disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back