Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 1, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #15,766 of 33,689
MMCX is dangerous. I have my nice IT01 cable molded in apparently, and I don't want to even attempt in confirming that assessment...I did however rip out the MMCX from the Yensen 2000 with glee...I don't understand why these are used in expensive IEMs.A 2 pin can be pushed out little by little, one side at a time. MMCX remains a mystery to me. They could take advantage of the rotating factor and have a locking mechanism or something...I don't know, but I don't like.:disappointed:

I think the cable itself is the problem with the IT01 cable. The connector prong part is way too short. I can't actually plug it into any other pair of iems without feeling like I'm going to break something. My NiceHCK cable has a slightly longer prong and there's zero trouble plugging it in and out of any pair, IT01s included.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #15,767 of 33,689
Also double post but..
No offense, but I hope they sound better than they look! :D
Was admiring the Rose mini 2 / 4 / 6 last night. Some of the best aesthetics IMO. Too bad these types never fit me.

DQCF8tfUEAIeNh9.jpg

DQCF7BwUIAEvX2K.jpg

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #15,768 of 33,689
Also double post but..

Was admiring the Rose mini 2 / 4 / 6 last night. Some of the best aesthetics IMO. Too bad these types never fit me.
What do they sound like with wide bores?

DQCF8tfUEAIeNh9.jpg

DQCF7BwUIAEvX2K.jpg
Very tiny bore! I wonder why? I go towards wide ones unless it is for my neutral, bass light vivo XE800 on spinfits (had to put them somewhere).
What do IEMs like these sound with Widebore?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #15,769 of 33,689
Very tiny bore! I wonder why? I go towards wide ones unless it is for my neutral, bass light vivo XE800 on spinfits (had to put them somewhere).
Could just be the ones they come with / for photo purposes.

Their small size might make them more suitable towards "longer" tips as well, and a lot of the wider bore ones tend to be shorter? Not sure though. And we must go smaller!
fYVsAQq.jpg

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #15,770 of 33,689
Could just be the ones they come with / for photo purposes.

Their small size might make them more suitable towards "longer" tips as well, and a lot of the wider bore ones tend to be shorter? Not sure though. And we must go smaller!
fYVsAQq.jpg
Jesus. They look like implants. :confused:

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #15,771 of 33,689

I don't think that bore size disrupts the sound of balanced armatures a lot (you'd have to go extremely small for the sound to change). What can make a difference is small bore combined with lengthier tip (like Etymotic er4 for example) which acts like an extension of the tube that connects to BAs. Dynamic drivers on the other hand almost require specific bore size to sound good because they push more air compared to BAs which are designed to work with lots of air pressure in mind. Eartip material on the other hand is a more complicated story - one that's almost not researched at all aside from the general knowledge that foam tips reduce treble a bit.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #15,773 of 33,689
@Slater If I have received a set of of earphones with one connector the wrong way round and they are therefore out of phase, does it matter which connector I turn around, or will it have a negative effect on the sound if I turn the correctly wired side to be the same as the wrong one.

Just asking as they are out of phase connected correctly but in phase if I turn either the L or R around, hence I'm not sure which side is incorrect?????

Just listened to a few albums either way and it is the right side that's wrong. There was a sonic difference when they were both wrong.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #15,774 of 33,689
@Slater If I have received a set of of earphones with one connector the wrong way round and they are therefore out of phase, does it matter which connector I turn around, or will it have a negative effect on the sound if I turn the correctly wired side to be the same as the wrong one.

Just asking as they are out of phase connected correctly but in phase if I turn either the L or R around, hence I'm not sure which side is incorrect?????

Just listened to a few albums either way and it is the right side that's wrong. There was a sonic difference when they were both wrong.
Doesn't matter which one, as long as you only switch one.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #15,776 of 33,689
Cheers!

The difference I heard must have been in my head.

The human brain can play tricks on you.

I do suggest you familiarize yourself with this, so it will become easy to identify the sound of an out-of-phase headphone:

When out of phase, it sounds like it's 'backwards' in a way, like your head is turned inside out, and the sound is about a foot to each side of your ears.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #15,777 of 33,689
I think the cable itself is the problem with the IT01 cable. The connector prong part is way too short. I can't actually plug it into any other pair of iems without feeling like I'm going to break something. My NiceHCK cable has a slightly longer prong and there's zero trouble plugging it in and out of any pair, IT01s included.

Well that's not good to hear. Since it's so high quality, I bought an IT01 cable just to use with other MMCX IEMs!

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #15,779 of 33,689
Jun 2, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #15,780 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back