Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 2, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #15,781 of 33,689
Hmmm...I won't remove any MMCX cable without emergency...not robust enough. Cable upgrades are highly overrated anyway.
Other issues are the different resistances of cables...the "upgrade" of the T2 made them sound quieter.
you softy

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #15,782 of 33,689
Great pictures! However, you seem to have dropped your IEM in the forest..

Thank you for your kind words! :darthsmile:

Also, they're with me, don't worry :)

Romania is a forest country, I recently found out that many other countries don't have any of the trees species we have here, so I thouhgt some people might enjoy seeing foliage that is foreign to them :)

Especially in Asia, there are many other beautiful trees, but almost none that are specific to Romania and Europe in general

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #15,783 of 33,689
I have the Etymotic HF5 in the mail for Monday - from massdrop for $80. Wished I could get my hands on the ER3XR or ER4XR for reviewing. Dear Etymotic, I promise to throw them on Canadian spruce and maple trees for photos if that is what it takes. I even mount some mosquitos on them.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #15,785 of 33,689
Defective TRN V60

Anybody who received a faulty TRN V60: please send me a PM for instructions how to sign up on a list with all the other owners...to be sent to TRN.

UPDATE: TRN is a two-man enterprise

It is claimed that "...Yes, their IEMs are produced by an OEM manufacturer (which also makes for KZ, MDK-ESS, etc). It is not affirmative they will do a replacement. We discussed about this yesterday. It is going to be very labour-intensive and costly for TRN and their suppliers. You have to understand it is a worldwide issue, not just one region. Will there be a solution for everyone? I hope there is but meanwhile, they have more important matters to worry about..."

Goodbye TRN!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #15,786 of 33,689
The human brain can play tricks on you.

I do suggest you familiarize yourself with this, so it will become easy to identify the sound of an out-of-phase headphone:

When out of phase, it sounds like it's 'backwards' in a way, like your head is turned inside out, and the sound is about a foot to each side of your ears.

I'm familiar with the out of phase sound, but was unsure if the sound was the same if both connectors were the the "wrong" way round as when they are the "right" way round. I.e both wrong vs both right. As opposed to out of phase with one wrong and one right.

You are the fountain of all knowledge here!

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #15,787 of 33,689
Thank you clear. I just realized that the ACZ KR06-6 is now available on Aliexpress.
Since HLSX808 I have followed your recommendations.
It couldn't be different and I couldn't resist lol
I asked for a discount and bang!
Capture_2018_05_31_13_13_55.png

e4eMsd
Make sure you try all three silicone ear tip sizes since the default ones are actually the small size. Then, lay back on your favorite couch and enjoy them with a refreshing cold beverage and belch-out the words...oh, yeah! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #15,788 of 33,689
Make sure you try all three silicone ear tip sizes since the default ones are actually the small size. Then, lay back on your favorite couch and enjoy them with a refreshing cold beverage and belch-out the words...oh, yeah! :beerchug:

@1clearhead How is the soundstage vocals and bass... Is the treble bright? Any piercing highs ? Can you make it bassheavy with eq ? Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #15,790 of 33,689
...Then, lay back on your favorite couch and enjoy them with a refreshing cold beverage and belch-out the words...

Spoken like a true audiophile!! :beer::wine_glass:

Jun 3, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #15,791 of 33,689
@1clearhead How is the soundstage vocals and bass... Is the treble bright? Any piercing highs ? Can you make it bassheavy with eq ? Thanks

I posted all the information you asked for on my home page. A quick copy of it is posted below. The treble on the KR06-6 is well extended, and still does a very good job on providing sibilance-free highs, but if you want to go a little warmer, go with the KR06-4. You can easily provide more bass on both, but remind you, these are neutral sounding IEM's. You can easily make them bass-heavier by changing the silicone ear tips by purchasing a pair of Sony silicone ear tips. But, it's best if you decide to try swapping different types to your personal taste. They both are keepers!

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible For Each: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

ACZ KR06-6
HD Driver + Bellsing Dual BA Armatures each side
PSR: 9.9
SS: Excellent hi-end details/micro-details, crystal clear MID's, and fast punchy bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 7
OP: 6
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Lame packaging with a few accessories, but best overall PSR for the asking price!

ACZ KR06-4
HD Driver + Bellsing BA Armature each side
PSR: 9.8
SS: Incredible clarity and details with excellent imaging and soundstage!
BQ: 7
OP: 6
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Lame packaging with a few accessories, but makes-up for it with great PSR for the asking price!

Glad I can help...

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #15,793 of 33,689
Yeah. The seller confirmed to me that the mids are absolutely amazing, especially for the vocals. And he didn't read your profile.
I will also be trying with my favorite tips, spiral dots, auvios and mandarines.
Thanks clear another great find.:beerchug:

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #15,795 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back