Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 15, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #13,321 of 33,689
My advice would be look for the words Neutral and reference in the descriptions of products. There are a ton of good in ears out there and several at the $100 mark so even if you are looking for exactly what I described above, the best option for you may be one of the other models in the same class. I'm using an AKG n40 as my daily office in-ear right now and it has a very neutral signature. I really enjoy them as the bass only shows up when it should. They lull you into thinking they don't have a lot of bass and then a passage comes through that just blows your mind. Admittedly the n40 is well above the Rose Mini in price, but the signatures are in the same ballpark. Also keep an eye on the classifieds here, I have bought most of my better IEMs from other members as it is almost always a substantial savings over buying new. Most head-fi'ers do a great job of taking care of their stuff so I have no worries about them being in good condition.
I really appreciate the tips!

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #13,322 of 33,689
I was long time awaiting to see some impressions about these KC09 and glad to see you have these and the impressions are really satisfying to me ,
I want to know how you feel the height of soundstage and the presentation is more forward ( towards your face) or more feels behind the neck specially how you explain the position of the singer ,?? Thanks ,
Someone in my local community blind bought them, and when I tried them.... I immediately purchased it as well. :p

The vocals are forward where the instruments are placed slightly behind them. I wouldn't call it in your face though. Though the stage is wide where instruments are properly separated and placed well. Imaging and separation is good, along the lines of the LZA4 (Someone was selling them for 80 usd in my locale, should have bought another pair). Height and depth is good. It doesn't have a flat stage, and again, imaging and separation is good.

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #13,325 of 33,689
I really hope the JoyBuy HiFiMan RE-400 deal was no scam since I don't want to deal with the PayPal refund procedure that always takes around 2 months...

For some weird reason the tracking status in the order overview has disappeared and the tracking number isn't traceable on 17track anymore either... Hmmm...

Same thing with mine. Tracking was already a mess from the beginning, I just think that they have a bad system (aliexpress does this in a better fashion). Many people have reported that Joybuy is legit + Hifiman is back to its regular price on it (same link like the discounted re400) so I wouldn't worry just yet.
they are quite slow, but the RE400 from joybuy lifted off yesterday (18 days after order date).. mine is tagged Belgium post. used http://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm to track it (you'll probably have to indicate target country and local carrier).

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #13,326 of 33,689
they are quite slow, but the RE400 from joybuy lifted off yesterday (18 days after order date).. mine is tagged Belgium post. used http://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm to track it (you'll probably have to indicate target country and local carrier).

Thank you for that link, I struggled and gave up on tracking this one until now. Same thing is happening with mine, 16 days have passed since I've ordered and today they arrived at Belgium post to be shipped to my country. It is remarkable that it takes them this much time to transfer an item locally (I assume that joybuy has a storage in Belgium and is shipping from there and not China). Hopefully it won't take much longer for these to arrive.

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #13,327 of 33,689
Thank you for that link, I struggled and gave up on tracking this one until now. Same thing is happening with mine, 16 days have passed since I've ordered and today they arrived at Belgium post to be shipped to my country. It is remarkable that it takes them this much time to transfer an item locally (I assume that joybuy has a storage in Belgium and is shipping from there and not China). Hopefully it won't take much longer for these to arrive.
they are shipping from china surely. i guess that using belgium post doesn't mean the package will travel through belgium country even. they manage the package, but dunno the way they do it. last package i received from belgium post (ordered in gearbest) didn't require my signature (certification).
  1. Departure to country of destination
    2017-11-15 10:16:00 [GMT+1]

2. Parcel is handled
    2017-11-15 04:46:04 [GMT+1]

3. bpost has received the item
    2017-11-15 02:45:09 [GMT+1]

4. Dispatch from the point of origin international office
    2017-11-15 00:00:00 [GMT+1]

5. Item is announced / bpost received the information
    2017-11-02 04:09:39 [GMT+1]
belgium post received the package yesterday, and was boarded on plane some hours later. but don't know if they did it in china or in belgium.
anyway, it doesn't matter: the time difference of a plane trip from china compared to from belgium is not so big compared with the already 18 days waiting

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #13,328 of 33,689
they are shipping from china surely. i guess that using belgium post doesn't mean the package will travel through belgium country even. they manage the package, but dunno the way they do it. last package i received from belgium post (ordered in gearbest) didn't require my signature (certification).
  1. Departure to country of destination
    2017-11-15 10:16:00 [GMT+1]

2. Parcel is handled
    2017-11-15 04:46:04 [GMT+1]

3. bpost has received the item
    2017-11-15 02:45:09 [GMT+1]

4. Dispatch from the point of origin international office
    2017-11-15 00:00:00 [GMT+1]

5. Item is announced / bpost received the information
    2017-11-02 04:09:39 [GMT+1]
belgium post received the package yesterday, and was boarded on plane some hours later. but don't know if they did it in china or in belgium.
anyway, it doesn't matter: the time difference of a plane trip from china compared to from belgium is not so big compared with the already 18 days waiting

Oh, thanks for clarifying. This is going slightly off topic, but most of Chinese Brand stuff goes through ali/gearbest and everyone on this thread experiences the same stuff.
Previously, most of the things that I've ordered from aliexpress took 5-7 days by plane, I assume that it has many stops along the way, or it travels a couple of times around the globe. I could ask the shipping company and they probably wouldn't be able to tell me for sure that it's the former :grin:

Can't wait to try RE400, I have a feeling that this one is a real gem.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #13,332 of 33,689

I'm using 17Track and my order seems to be on its way as well since yesterday ("Belgium, Parcel is handled" and the older one "Belgium, Departure to country of destination"). So hopefully it'll arrive soon, and hopefully without any QC/sound issues (and hopefully it's no counterfeit).

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #13,334 of 33,689
Why is order tracking so confusing? AE is giving way different data then 17Track at the moment.
upload_2017-11-16_12-0-51.png
upload_2017-11-16_12-1-32.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back