Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 15, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #13,307 of 33,689
Leo. Add these

7cdad3eagy1flhstb8udlj21b91r0u0x.jpg
Approximate price in $ @ AE/ebay/amazon/gearbest?

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #13,309 of 33,689

Had the Ostry KC09 for a few days now. It's a warm sounding iem. Mid bass is a bit more than what I like but not basshead levels. Punch and impact is controlled and tight. Sub bass extension is deep enough, but not as deep as the ch9t. Mids are lush, forward and natural. Highs are smooth but well extended, has sufficient air and sparkle. The Ch9T is wider in stage, but the KC09 images and separates better.

This is the LEAR Turbo, a double dynamic iem. Honestly, I don't like it. It's dark sounding, but retains a fair amount of details. Paired with EA Ares II balanced to X7ii.
I was long time awaiting to see some impressions about these KC09 and glad to see you have these and the impressions are really satisfying to me ,
I want to know how you feel the height of soundstage and the presentation is more forward ( towards your face) or more feels behind the neck specially how you explain the position of the singer ,?? Thanks ,

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #13,310 of 33,689
Basically same question about KC09 - soundstage frontal depth? - is vocals/singer rather "in Your face" (like LZ A2S) or further away with distance between "headspace"?

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #13,311 of 33,689
I assume these are for guys?

I've given all of these exact things as gifts, and they have gone over very well:

Also, there's always a couple 6-packs of good craft beer, a bottle of nice bourbon, a box of nice cigars, or something similar.

Yes these are for me (born male :laughing:) to put on my list for ideas for people in my group to get me for Secret Santa.

Very good stuff on that list! I like. I'm especially interested in those knives. I've got a Kershaw on my list right now, I might add those; I'll do my own research on them.

I really like where you're going with the liqs; I've been meaning to try different brandy.

30 cheap a$$ earbuds from the dollar store? :grinning:

Or a nice coffee mug with some nice ground coffee or full beans and some candy.

Sorry, these gift ideas would be for people to buy for me, so cheap earbuds wouldn't be a good thing and I'm no coffee drinker. Haha

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #13,313 of 33,689
They look nice. Does someone actually own these and tried them?

The reviews linked to a couple of posts above yours would definitely be questionable if the reviewers haven't heard them :wink:

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #13,315 of 33,689
Nov 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #13,318 of 33,689
Short answer, yes. Longer answer: Yes, but whether that is a good thing depends on your listening preferences. The X(iaomi) you have now, has a very V shaped signature so switching to the Rose will likely feel like it is missing bass punch. This is due to the neutral tuning and is actually closer to what the engineer intended when the track was recorded but when coming from a bass enhanced listening experience it will likely sound very bright and a bit thin. The X isn't bad but has most of the same problems with coherency, and treble spikes that are shared by pretty much all inexpensive hybrids. The Rose should be more coherent and definitely closer to neutral which allows more mids to be heard and thus more detail to be present. Vocals will seem more pronounced on the Rose and you should be able to pick out the instrumentation more clearly since it isn't buried under a lot of extra bass.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #13,319 of 33,689
Short answer, yes. Longer answer: It depends. The X(iaomi) you have now, has a very V shaped signature so switching to the Rose will likely feel like it is missing bass punch. This is due to the neutral tuning and is actually closer to what the engineer intended when the track was recorded but when coming from a bass enhanced listening experience it will likely sound very bright and a bit thin. The X isn't bad but has most of the same problems with coherency, and treble spikes that are shared by pretty much all inexpensive hybrids. The Rose should be more coherent and definitely closer to neutral which allows more mids to be heard and thus more detail to be present. Vocals will seem more pronounced on the Rose and you should be able to pick out the instrumentation more clearly since it isn't buried under a lot of extra bass.
That sounds exactly like what i'm looking for. Thank you for the detailled explanation.

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #13,320 of 33,689
My advice would be look for the words Neutral and reference in the descriptions of products. There are a ton of good in ears out there and several at the $100 mark so even if you are looking for exactly what I described above, the best option for you may be one of the other models in the same class. I'm using an AKG n40 as my daily office in-ear right now and it has a very neutral signature. I really enjoy them as the bass only shows up when it should. They lull you into thinking they don't have a lot of bass and then a passage comes through that just blows your mind. Admittedly the n40 is well above the Rose Mini in price, but the signatures are in the same ballpark. Also keep an eye on the classifieds here, I have bought most of my better IEMs from other members as it is almost always a substantial savings over buying new. Most head-fi'ers do a great job of taking care of their stuff so I have no worries about them being in good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back