Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #9,841 of 33,689
But simgot dosent have detachable cable and my iems tend to have that problem often though admittedly I bought cheap ones but still its a heafty amount and thats why I went to k3 pro instead of simgot., that and the balanced armetures

The cable is very good. Their 2 pin is pending competition. Will be the EN700 Pro.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #9,842 of 33,689
Are you buying for specification or sound?

Chinese MMCX cables have no end of problems - fixed cable problems are few and far between based on my experience. As for preferring a hybrid earphone, a decent well tuned single dynamic can be every bit as good as a multi-driver earphone.
Thanks for the insight I'll definitely consider these points
But from your prospective simgots are batter than k3pro sound wise and sound stage wise?

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #9,843 of 33,689
Anyone see this new hybrid on AE? 1DD + 2BA

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...CX-bluetooth-Dynamic/1922340_32821207970.html

HTB1XjB0SXXXXXXmXpXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested in the Zhiyin Z3000 the seller told me it has good bass and wide soundstage and is especially good for classical music. I'm tempted to try it myself for $18. Even if it sounds terrible you still have a spare MMCX cable (though it does look to have memory wire which I'm not a fan of).

Jul 3, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #9,844 of 33,689
Anyone see this new hybrid on AE? 1DD + 2BA

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...CX-bluetooth-Dynamic/1922340_32821207970.html

Also, if anyone is interested in the Zhiyin Z3000 the seller told me it has good bass and wide soundstage and is especially good for classical music. I'm tempted to try it myself for $18. Even if it sounds terrible you still have a spare MMCX cable (though it does look to have memory wire which I'm not a fan of).
....they look tempting. :sunglasses:

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #9,846 of 33,689
You people are a corrupting influence. Based on this thread and the KZ thread, I have ordered:

KZ ZS5
Urbanfun Hybrid
Tennmak Crazy Cello
**** XBA 6in1
MyGeek Professional

Cannot wait to compare these to my highly modified Fostex T50RPs, AKG K501s and my Head direct RE-00's... But, I will have to wait, as they are all coming from China...

Jul 3, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #9,849 of 33,689
Any Havi b3 pro 1 alike earphone. Just buy KZ5 and KZ3, just not my type (with the gold cable too ). Or I must say huge disappointment for me. I need soundstage and mid-treble, quite a bass easy guy.
the ty hi-z g3 would be the closest--balanced with wide stage and vg overall clarity. the einsear t2 is warmer and cheaper and might also fit the bill,.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #9,850 of 33,689
Hi, I'd like to find new IEMs with some requirements. What is needed is BA or BA-based hybrid, comfort+isolation+form factor of about KZ ZS3 level (I had an idea to put the innards of my dead Urbanfun Hybrid into ZS3's casing, but l don't know whether it's possible). The sound I'm looking for is detailed and with all frequencies present (I won't shy away from equalizing, especially the bass). For reference, I find ZS3 to be way too warm and lacking detail, Urbanfun is very good overall, Piston 3 is somewhat tinny and lacks bass. Removable cable is preferable, though not vital. The price level should be under 50$, but extendable to 100$, if something extremely suitable is available.
Does anyone know if something like this exists in the Chi-Fi field? I'd appreciate any tips.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #9,851 of 33,689
Hi, I'd like to find new IEMs with some requirements. What is needed is BA or BA-based hybrid, comfort+isolation+form factor of about KZ ZS3 level (I had an idea to put the innards of my dead Urbanfun Hybrid into ZS3's casing, but l don't know whether it's possible). The sound I'm looking for is detailed and with all frequencies present (I won't shy away from equalizing, especially the bass). For reference, I find ZS3 to be way too warm and lacking detail, Urbanfun is very good overall, Piston 3 is somewhat tinny and lacks bass. Removable cable is preferable, though not vital. The price level should be under 50$, but extendable to 100$, if something extremely suitable is available.
Does anyone know if something like this exists in the Chi-Fi field? I'd appreciate any tips.

**** 4in1 is good choice. If you prefer around-the-ear fit, maybe try KZ ZS5.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #9,852 of 33,689

BossHiFi B3 or KZ ZS5 would be my recommendations

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #9,853 of 33,689
**** 4in1 is good choice. If you prefer around-the-ear fit, maybe try KZ ZS5.
Yeah, already bought the Senfers and have suffered halfway through the approximate delivery time :S I do have some hopes in terms of sound quality, but I don't believe they will provide comfort and isolation anywhere near ZS3 levels.
BossHiFi B3 or KZ ZS5 would be my recommendations
I seem to already have bookmarked your review of the BossHifi model some time before. Looks good, aside from the form-factor. ZS5 is said to have muddy bass - I like to hear notes and reverberations, not a constant rumble. Unless it's meant that way by the artists. But then again the form factor looks more promising than that of B3.
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #9,854 of 33,689

Brainwavz B100. Great bass for a BA. They're also apparently giving away a Bluetooth receiver with it right now?? Eh..

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/b100-balanced-armature-in-ear-earphone

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #9,855 of 33,689
the ty hi-z g3 would be the closest--balanced with wide stage and vg overall clarity. the einsear t2 is warmer and cheaper and might also fit the bill,.

i'm interested to try the Boarseman kr49 or the Seahf awk009. i would try the TY hi Z G3, but couldn't find them on my local market, while the boarseman and seahf are readily available. which one would you suggest that sounded different from the urbanfun and the einsear? i also would use it to watch movies, so i would like a larger soundstage, with the perceived music not too close to us (like watching a concert from a few rows, rather than sitting on the stage with the band). as a reference, i found that the einsear is "roomier" (reverbs and delays are more distant) than the urbanfun (has a more intimate sound).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back