Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 3, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #9,871 of 33,689
This probably belongs somewhere else, but I cannot get my U.S. credit card to register on Aliexpress /Alipay to buy anything. One seller there will take PayPal, so I bought one that way, but for the rest, I had to use Gearbest, Amazon or eBay. Anyone have any suggestions? Is Aliexpress even a safe site for credit cards?

Jul 3, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #9,875 of 33,689
So, here is my review on the Sendiy M1221 after 5 months of having it: Better late than never, I suppose! :p

Do pardon the snarky tone around the first part of the review, I was quite fussed off from the loss of my half-written review no thanks to the clunky system that Head-fi employs now: would it hurt them to include a save function?

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/sendiy-audio-m1221.22480/reviews#review-18817

When replying to threads and PM it auto saves for me and I actually hate it bc it lags the typing and freezes up my phone 9 times out of 10. When I did my reviews I used Word then copy paste to here.

Jul 3, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #9,876 of 33,689
Hey fellow head-fier's MEMT just upgraded the MEMT X5!

Now the MEMT offers a wider nozzle compared to the one before, which now excepts wider silicone or comply ear tips. They also supply an extra and bigger set of ear tips....A BIG PLUS for those that coudn't really appreciate them with double-flanges until now!

Notice the difference in there diameter size.....
IMG_20170702_222629.jpg

IMG_20170326_040832.jpg

Below is a PIC with the extra batch of ear tips.....
IMG_20170702_143556.jpg

MEMT mentions, if you have the MEMT label on the end cord near the jack, you just bought the "New Version"!
IMG_20170702_152252_1_1498980255983_1498980302034.jpg

Overall, these are much improved in there sound quality! Better soundstage and imaging, quicker and tighter bass, MIDS and Highs has greatly improved, and better sonics and resolution!
IMG_20170702_143740.jpg

IMG_20170702_143759.jpg

Finally, those with medium to large ear canals can now enjoy the true nature of these low costing IEM's and truly appreciate why I personally still think they are one of the best 6mm micro-drivers on the market. Enjoy!

Ps. I hope they come out with a "metal gun gray" or "black" version.

-Clear

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_040519_1.jpg
    IMG_20170326_040519_1.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #9,877 of 33,689
Check the brand name against the sellers name.

It's like that with a bunch of products, could be just cut and pasteing but it's pretty sloppy when we kinda know it's the same person.

Check again - bottom center LOL

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #9,878 of 33,689

Now the MEMT offers a wider nozzle compared to the one before, which now excepts wider silicone or comply ear tips. They also supply an extra and bigger set of ear tips....A BIG PLUS for those that coudn't really appreciate them with double-flanges until now!

MEMT mentions, if you have the MEMT label on the end cord near the jack, you just bought the "New Version"!
Overall, these are much improved in there sound quality! Better soundstage and imaging, quicker and tighter bass, MIDS and Highs has greatly improved, and better sonics and resolution!
Finally, those with medium to large ear canals can now enjoy the true nature of these low costing IEM's and truly appreciate why I personally still think they are one of the best 6mm micro-drivers on the market. Enjoy!

-Clear

Interesting - I wonder if they changed the driver at all, or if the only change is the slightly larger nozzle?

Because I happen to dig out my original (v1) X5 a few weeks ago to take another listen (I haven't listened to them in months), and I was very underwhelmed - they didn't sound terrible, but that really didn't sound that special. When I 1st got them, I think I convinced myself that they sounded much better than they actually did. Either that, or since I 1st got the v1 X5 I've moved onto better IEMs, which have only served to highlight the deficiencies with the X5.

I do agree that the nozzles were too small in the v1. Almost every time I removed them from my ears, 1 or both of the tips would fall off.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #9,879 of 33,689

-Clear

I'm awaiting a 2BA + 2DD-Graphene from MEMT X8 if they are developing it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #9,880 of 33,689
Interesting - I wonder if they changed the driver at all, or if the only change is the slightly larger nozzle?

Because I happen to dig out my original (v1) X5 a few weeks ago to take another listen (I haven't listened to them in months), and I was very underwhelmed - they didn't sound terrible, but that really didn't sound that special. When I 1st got them, I think I convinced myself that they sounded much better than they actually did. Either that, or since I 1st got the v1 X5 I've moved onto better IEMs, which have only served to highlight the deficiencies with the X5.

I do agree that the nozzles were too small in the v1. Almost every time I removed them from my ears, 1 or both of the tips would fall off.
Definitely, much improved! ...especially with the wider nozzle and the larger ear tip that comes with them.

Even though, I had no problems with their first version as opposed to others that did, these will definitely satisfy BIGGER ear canals. :wink:

Please keep in mind, it has to have the MEMT branded sticker at the end cable next to the L-jack to be their latest version.
IMG_20170702_152252_1_1498980255983_1498980302034.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back