Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 8, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #9,407 of 33,689
i pulled out the memt x5 this weekend for more extended listening and quite liked 'em. as others have commented, they're very tip-sensitive (complys didn't work well for me), but properly shod their virtues emerge--soundstage is impressively wide, with good instrument separation; big bass is well-controlled and high end is more detailed than my initial impressions. also comfortable, with good isolation--they're optimal for train or gym. they don't have the refinement of the urbanfun or the einsear t2, to name a couple of cheap heavyweights, and treble can get a tad strident/hot, but they're very good for how most people will actually use them--unamped and on-the-go

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #9,408 of 33,689
Jun 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #9,409 of 33,689
My review of the TFZ Exclusive King here.

20170604_134059.jpg

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #9,412 of 33,689
Jun 9, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #9,416 of 33,689
Finally got my KZ ZS5 today from NiceHCK. I think I might be the only one to not like the KZ ZS5. It could just be me but I feel that the soundstage is too "3D like" for me. I cant stand everything being so far away from me. Somehow makes me a little nauseous... But I do find all aspects frequency being really well put together in all honesty. Fair amount of thumpy sub bass and better highs than the KZ ZST. It seems that I might need to get used to this kind of soundstage signature... Also the earphones are too big to fit in my ear, they start to hurt after 30 mins of using :/

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #9,418 of 33,689
Finally got my KZ ZS5 today from NiceHCK. I think I might be the only one to not like the KZ ZS5. It could just be me but I feel that the soundstage is too "3D like" for me. I cant stand everything being so far away from me. Somehow makes me a little nauseous... But I do find all aspects frequency being really well put together in all honesty. Fair amount of thumpy sub bass and better highs than the KZ ZST. It seems that I might need to get used to this kind of soundstage signature... Also the earphones are too big to fit in my ear, they start to hurt after 30 mins of using :/

I love the fact that the reason I love them is the very same reason you don't, YMMV or what? :grinning: I reckon you'll get used to them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back