Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 4, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #8,761 of 33,689
May 4, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #8,762 of 33,689
TFZ Exclusive Kings are very impressive, I posted my review just now: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...i-in-ear-earphones.22359/reviews#review-18532

I took some measurements as well, though to my ears there is a little bit less bass than shown. It doesn't sound very v-shaped to me, rather balanced and upper-mid/treble tilted instead,.

Nq3CiuB.png

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #8,764 of 33,689
@ustinj well written review! My impressions are pretty much in line with your review especially the imaging part and the bass as well. I don't have totl like Andromeda but as far as i've spent up to the 150$ range on IEMs i would say the TFZ King is the best i've owned currently.

As for the foam tips part i have to agree with you the foam tips just didn't do the sound justice, it makes a great King becomes Pawn. So now i'm actually using a wide bore long core silicon eartips which i think sounded the best on it.

May 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #8,765 of 33,689
Crab & B9S - You have these?
I don't have the 6in1. Though I do like the 4in1 they've been sitting in a box for months unused. I've stopped buying budget IEMs at least for the moment as I have too many to try and fit in my rotation.

May 4, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #8,766 of 33,689
Used to own the Audiosense AS20 as well, bought upon Twin review and i don't really hear anyone talking bout it back then except Twin. IMO they're really decent sounding and pretty smooth sounding with a hint of darkness in their tonality yet good clarity in overall. I sold it off just recently because i've too many IEMs laying around so i need to clear off some. Kinda regreted tho.

Yes, Twins review was my deciding factor too, he describes them very accurately and is so right about the bass quality... puts some of my sets 5 times the price too shame. I just love hearing drums thru these... such impact! They should be more popular.

May 4, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #8,767 of 33,689
Okay so I've spent some time with the TFZ Exclusive King and they are fantastic, nicely balanced with insane clarity and top quality build.

And another IEM that deserves much more hype is the Whizzer A15, it is very nice indeed (but the supplied cable with memory wire is nasty). If you have a spare MMCX cable to use instead this is well worth the price IMO.

May 5, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #8,768 of 33,689
Same cable is used on the W1 Pro, W6 Pro, and DM10. It's a good one for sure. Oh! And I forgot to mention. The W6 Pro uses MMCX, not DC as I was expecting from the preview pics online. Worth the buy for a well-built, inexpensive MMCX cable, though the memory wire kinda sucks.

The DM8's cable is actually a step up from the rest. It's even more plush and flexible while retaining thickness above the y-split. The rest taper down quite a bit leading into the ear pieces. Tradeoff is poor strain relief at the y-split and jack on the DM8.

I think they're worth it for under 10 bucks, pending this signature is what you're after. They're not bass shy in any way. Bass isn't particularly authoritative either. Everything about them seems to be pretty mellow.

Not sure how you'll feel about the DM10. If the VJJB K2S had too much mid-bass, get your EQ ready is all I can say :p

My QKZ collection so far;

DM8

DM10

W1 Pro

W6 Pro

W1 Pro is probably still my fav followed closely by the DM8 (Edit: DM8 might be my fav actually...so tough to choose!), then the DM10 with the W6 Pro pulling up the rear. They're all decent sounding but the W6 Pro is the only one that feels cheap, outside of the cable. Poor build and the worst driver flex ever (you can hear it while swapping tips). Thankfully they sound fine, so I'm planning to get another pair to see if they're better built. DM8 has amazing build quality for a cheapo. Feels like a tank. Sounds like a cross between the KZ ZS1 (original) and ZN1 Mini; ZS1 bass with more prominent mids and treble of the ZN1 Mini. Big soundstage. Love it.

Those look like the m6 pro

May 6, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #8,771 of 33,689
I received my first pair of KZ's the atr today, I am somewhat liking them, the problem is they sound like they have a low pass filter above the mids. Checking the response graph there is a dip at around 7k and 9k which I guess is the problem. There is something special to these but they're not quite there.

can anyone else recommend something cheap chinese and has a flatter but more extended upper mids response? I would love the same exact sound signature except extended, but some more m/s width in the lower mids would be nice too.

Which unit am I after next?

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #8,773 of 33,689
What about higher end iems? Are the hisenios t8 still the best, or are there alternatives (maybe cheaper)?
It seems that hybrid are very popular in this forum, and I found several hybrids on aliexpress, but no frequency response to have an estimate of how they sound.
Which high end have you tried?

May 6, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #8,774 of 33,689
IDK if the sendiy M1221 is considered high end or not (mid-end? Lol), but for around 150$, I think they can punch quite a lot above their price range. Well, as long as you have a good fit, a good tip and a reasonable expectation of what an IEM can do. Well, actually, I am going to write up an review on this little person: after more than 4 months of continuous listening, I think I have passed the "child with new toy" phase long enough to actually write about it without looking like a shill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back