Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 3, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #8,746 of 33,689
Well, I've reached out to Penon Audio who sent me my pair to see if they have any info on the different cables. From the images they have on their site, the clear cable I've got seems to be on the Gold and Red model, while the black cable shown on Crab's is on the black model. No sign of a flat cable.

On a side note, the QKZ DM10's are way too easy to drive. Out of my laptop with the volume as low as possible and Soundcloud's volume set as low as it goes, they play right around what is my comfortable listening volume. Can't think of another earphone in my collection that's as easy to drive as these. Treble seems to be opening up as well. Really enjoying them while I should be listening to other gear. Oops :ksc75smile:.
I reckon yours an my cable are the same except the color and the ribbon cable is the mic version.

May 3, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #8,747 of 33,689
Well, I've reached out to Penon Audio who sent me my pair to see if they have any info on the different cables. From the images they have on their site, the clear cable I've got seems to be on the Gold and Red model, while the black cable shown on Crab's is on the black model. No sign of a flat cable.

On a side note, the QKZ DM10's are way too easy to drive. Out of my laptop with the volume as low as possible and Soundcloud's volume set as low as it goes, they play right around what is my comfortable listening volume. Can't think of another earphone in my collection that's as easy to drive as these. Treble seems to be opening up as well. Really enjoying them while I should be listening to other gear. Oops :ksc75smile:.
Why? Why are you tempting me??? Only $6, but I've literally doubled my IEM stock in the past month and these look so cool. The case! The adjustable stability loop! The price!

Head-Fi, even wounded, persists in attacking my wallet.

Well played, sir.

May 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #8,748 of 33,689
Why? Why are you tempting me??? Only $6, but I've literally doubled my IEM stock in the past month and these look so cool. The case! The adjustable stability loop! The price!

Well played, sir.
Not only that but it looks like the same cable as the QKZ W1 Pro which is unbelievably good and better than what you find on many $50+ IEMs.

May 4, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #8,750 of 33,689
Not only that but it looks like the same cable as the QKZ W1 Pro which is unbelievably good and better than what you find on many $50+ IEMs.

Same cable is used on the W1 Pro, W6 Pro, and DM10. It's a good one for sure. Oh! And I forgot to mention. The W6 Pro uses MMCX, not DC as I was expecting from the preview pics online. Worth the buy for a well-built, inexpensive MMCX cable, though the memory wire kinda sucks.

The DM8's cable is actually a step up from the rest. It's even more plush and flexible while retaining thickness above the y-split. The rest taper down quite a bit leading into the ear pieces. Tradeoff is poor strain relief at the y-split and jack on the DM8.

Well played, sir.

I think they're worth it for under 10 bucks, pending this signature is what you're after. They're not bass shy in any way. Bass isn't particularly authoritative either. Everything about them seems to be pretty mellow.

Jumped in with both feet with the QKZ, I've ordered the DM10, DM300 and the DM11 (which I assume is the Plextone X50).

Not sure how you'll feel about the DM10. If the VJJB K2S had too much mid-bass, get your EQ ready is all I can say :p

My QKZ collection so far;

DM8
DSC01251.JPG

DM10
DSC01261.JPG

W1 Pro
DSC01262.JPG

W6 Pro
DSC01257.JPG

W1 Pro is probably still my fav followed closely by the DM8 (Edit: DM8 might be my fav actually...so tough to choose!), then the DM10 with the W6 Pro pulling up the rear. They're all decent sounding but the W6 Pro is the only one that feels cheap, outside of the cable. Poor build and the worst driver flex ever (you can hear it while swapping tips). Thankfully they sound fine, so I'm planning to get another pair to see if they're better built. DM8 has amazing build quality for a cheapo. Feels like a tank. Sounds like a cross between the KZ ZS1 (original) and ZN1 Mini; ZS1 bass with more prominent mids and treble of the ZN1 Mini. Big soundstage. Love it.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #8,751 of 33,689
Guys I have used Rock zircon and liked the sound quality but they lacked a bit of sound stage then I tried the recommendation from one of the members here UE customs they are dual dynamic drivers a very good sound stage but lack a bit of bass and the ninja treble always surprise u but still I liked the both of them. Now Im looking for a $50 or below in ears with good sound stage, quality and bass a friend recommended me vjjb n1 he said they are like better versions of rock zircon so I would really appreciate your recommendation as well thank you.

May 4, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #8,752 of 33,689
Guys I have used Rock zircon and liked the sound quality but they lacked a bit of sound stage then I tried the recommendation from one of the members here UE customs they are dual dynamic drivers a very good sound stage but lack a bit of bass and the ninja treble always surprise u but still I liked the both of them. Now Im looking for a $50 or below in ears with good sound stage, quality and bass a friend recommended me vjjb n1 he said they are like better versions of rock zircon so I would really appreciate your recommendation as well thank you.

VJJB N1 - I didn't rate them at all. I would have suggested the Boarseman KR49i but they are a little on the cheaper end, the Magoasi BK50 are highly rated and are good for bass and soundstage.

May 4, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #8,754 of 33,689
May 4, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #8,756 of 33,689
Review of **** 6in1 IEMs.
Ordered from what seemed to be **** Taobao store using an agent (superbuy). The seller (****?) took 4~ days to ship the earphones out which is long considering that I have bought many items from Taobao and most sellers ship next day. Once it arrived I got inspection images from superbuy which pointed at discoloration on the L and R marks on the earphones, when superbuy asked the seller they said that it was normal. I also asked superbuy if their warehouse workers could test the earphones functionality and they told me that both sides were working , but they can't make a professional inspection of the sound quality (that's normal since they're just warehouse workers who usually are only asked to take pictures or pack them). Props to superbuy I always use them for many different types of items including clothes and electronics and their service is always 100%.

I bought the silver cable version of 6in1, on arrival the cable looked different then the renders and the L and R indicators are gray instead of red. I actually prefer the grey colour since it stands out less.
On first listen they sounded extremely thin, with almost no bass. These NEED burn-in, the bass started coming out after at least a few solid hours. After full burn in these are extremely nice to listen to. They have a very wide stage and each sound is separated and clearly presented. The bass is balanced but punchy.
I would consider myself a novice here, but these are definitely the best earphones I have owned (and the most expensive). They're better than the vsonic vsd3s I had.

Now I have a big problem with my pair and I also read in another review in this thread that someone else pair had a loose MMCX connection on one side. This is also the case with my pair, I'm not sure if its the cable or the earphone connection part that is bad, but left side disconnects often enough to annoy you especially when walking. This is fixed by rotating the MMCX connector.
IMG_20170425_124326.jpg 32b0b478-53e4-4d4e-8d03-d3ad493cbe4a.jpg

Attachments

• 500x350px-LL-b1d685fa_M17011933340529-1486980562327294112.jpeg
    500x350px-LL-b1d685fa_M17011933340529-1486980562327294112.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #8,758 of 33,689
Review of **** 6in1 IEMs.
Ordered from what seemed to be **** Taobao store using an agent (superbuy). The seller (****?) took 4~ days to ship the earphones out which is long considering that I have bought many items from Taobao and most sellers ship next day. Once it arrived I got inspection images from superbuy which pointed at discoloration on the L and R marks on the earphones, when superbuy asked the seller they said that it was normal. I also asked superbuy if their warehouse workers could test the earphones functionality and they told me that both sides were working , but they can't make a professional inspection of the sound quality (that's normal since they're just warehouse workers who usually are only asked to take pictures or pack them). Props to superbuy I always use them for many different types of items including clothes and electronics and their service is always 100%.

I bought the silver cable version of 6in1, on arrival the cable looked different then the renders and the L and R indicators are gray instead of red. I actually prefer the grey colour since it stands out less.
On first listen they sounded extremely thin, with almost no bass. These NEED burn-in, the bass started coming out after at least a few solid hours. After full burn in these are extremely nice to listen to. They have a very wide stage and each sound is separated and clearly presented. The bass is balanced but punchy.
I would consider myself a novice here, but these are definitely the best earphones I have owned (and the most expensive). They're better than the vsonic vsd3s I had.

Now I have a big problem with my pair and I also read in another review in this thread that someone else pair had a loose MMCX connection on one side. This is also the case with my pair, I'm not sure if its the cable or the earphone connection part that is bad, but left side disconnects often enough to annoy you especially when walking. This is fixed by rotating the MMCX connector.

Crab & B9S - You have these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back