Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 3, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #8,731 of 33,689
i got a feeling that the seafh will be displacing the memt as the next big cheap thing around here for awhile. i posted my impressions on vidal's asian provocative ear site-- they really are quite impressive--bassier and less balanced than the g3, but very close in quality overall.

May 3, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #8,732 of 33,689
Got mine from Amazon 10 bucks, free two day shipping...They are very good, well balanced as you say with clear sound..Don,t have the g3 to compare but very well pleased with these..Classy in black..thinking about another pair at this price.

May 3, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #8,733 of 33,689
Well now I can see what the early buzz was about. The Seahf AWK009 are a stellar performer at such a low price. Quite similar in signature to the Veedix NC50 and the Fischer Audio Paco (almost identical shape as Paco too). I won't say anything else until I've given them some break-in and more ear time but very promising so far.

Excellent, awaiting further updates

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #8,734 of 33,689
i rate the seafh a notch above the memt (though still a notch below the urbanfun and vivo) in the sub-$20 class), and probably on a par with the boarseman k49, though in truth the performance per $ of any of the foregoing would be unthinkable a few years ago.

May 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #8,735 of 33,689
The 009's are a nice little unit aren't they?

Waiting on impressions on these vs. **** 4in1 / KZ ZST.

Crab & B9S ...waiting Your comments....

May 3, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #8,736 of 33,689
Waiting on impressions on these vs. **** 4in1 / KZ ZST.

Crab & B9S ...waiting Your comments....

I'll post more when they've gone through the recommended 50+ hours of "burn in". Ootb they seem to fall into competition with the ED9(b). Not sure if I'd say they're any better or worse as I haven't a/b'd them yet,

Can't compare to the 4in1, though I know I would prefer these. Didn't enjoy the 4in1 in the two brief listens I had of them.

May 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #8,737 of 33,689
I'll post more when they've gone through the recommended 50+ hours of "burn in". Ootb they seem to fall into competition with the ED9(b). Not sure if I'd say they're any better or worse as I haven't a/b'd them yet,

Can't compare to the 4in1, though I know I would prefer these. Didn't enjoy the 4in1 in the two brief listens I had of them.

Ok, if they are ED9 level, then not much for me to hope from these as I found ed9 littlebit artificial and slightly too bright for my personal tastes (even with filter-modded brass nozzles).

About 4in1 - didn`t like them also in stock conf but with higher impedance cable + spiral dot tips, they sound very good (just a bit "boring" in mids and soundstage could be larger).

BTW, are all previous pic galleries gone from H-Fi? Personal pic galleries and such? Can`t find any of my mod pics anymore.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #8,738 of 33,689
Ok, if they are ED9 level, then not much for me to hope from these as I found ed9 littlebit artificial and slightly too bright for my personal tastes (even with filter-modded brass nozzles).

About 4in1 - didn`t like them also in stock conf but with higher impedance cable + spiral dot tips, they sound very good (just a bit "boring" in mids and soundstage could be larger).

BTW, are all previous pic galleries gone from H-Fi? Personal pic galleries and such? Can`t find any of my mod pics anymore.

I'm sitting here a/bing the 009 and ED9(b) right now (KZ Starline medium on both). I think they play on the same level, at least with the AWK-009 ootb.

Maybe things will change once I've spent more time with them, but the 009 sounds less open and has a smidge less treble presence. Treble is tighter and more precise on the AWK. They're also bassier than the ED9(b). They're quite similar overall. The ED9 is still one of the best budget earphones you can get imo. Putting that sound into a smaller, lighter, more comfortable housing? Nothing wrong with that.

Edit: I'm sure others who have heard both will provide their thoughts.

May 3, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #8,739 of 33,689
Some stuff. First is an unboxing and first impressions of the Seahf AWK-009. Second of the QKZ DM10.

Since I've already posted some impressions of the 900, here are some of the DM10.

- Massive soundstage for an earphone in this price range. They've had me looking around because I thought someone was in the room with me.
- Super smooth. Not a ton of detail as a result.
- Warm and bassy with a very mellow treble presentation.
- Clear, though mildly veiled mids.

For someone who wants a comfortable, easy listening earphone that should be durable and inexpensive, these are shaping up to be a solid option. Maybe that'll change after some play time, but the first couple hours with them have been pleasant. Not for detail freaks though, that's for sure.

May 3, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #8,741 of 33,689
I like mine...but I got them with the flat cable, which is relatively tangle-free.

71vhnFBtyjL._SL1500_.jpg
Strange, the cable on mine look different from both yours and B9's.
20170503_193918.jpg

May 3, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #8,745 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler,

Now I wonder if the drivers or the sound is any different as well. Too many different cables at once...one can only speculate or draw questions like... -are they even actually different models persay?

Well, I've reached out to Penon Audio who sent me my pair to see if they have any info on the different cables. From the images they have on their site, the clear cable I've got seems to be on the Gold and Red model, while the black cable shown on Crab's is on the black model. No sign of a flat cable.

On a side note, the QKZ DM10's are way too easy to drive. Out of my laptop with the volume as low as possible and Soundcloud's volume set as low as it goes, they play right around what is my comfortable listening volume. Can't think of another earphone in my collection that's as easy to drive as these. Treble seems to be opening up as well. Really enjoying them while I should be listening to other gear. Oops :ksc75smile:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back