Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #7,743 of 33,689
I just got a summery of my Ali experience and apparently I bought more then 1000 items if Ali over the last couple of years... *sick i know* and I've only hade isolated incidents, always been fully refunded... The worst that can happen in my experience is that you have to put in some time end effort to get your refund. But believe you me, the site and the goods are real

Maybe in the world of headphones there are not as many people trying to scam as in the world of car parts.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #7,744 of 33,689
  They are better than the HM7s. But beware of the recessed mids that others have said. Everything else about it is awesome. Detailed highs and a 3D soundstage. Look at 1clearhead's impressions for more info.

Don't take my word for it, it is based of the others who reviewed them. Some actually like the sound signature, others may not.

What IEMs do you actually own? You're talking about the MEMT X5's detailed highs etc, what are you comparing it to? Apart from the HM7, which you must own as well since you know the X5 is better, right?

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #7,745 of 33,689
Well, no. I took the time to research asking for more info. Which then led me to know which one is better than the other. Usually, coming from 1clearhead. 
(As of now, I had only owned the VJJB V1S, ROCK Zircon, and currently, the LG Quadbeat 3. Each one with their own perks with my favorite being the LG Quadbeats.)

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #7,746 of 33,689
From the posting guidelines: "Please don't recommend or post reviews of equipment you don't own or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with".

In short, describing IEMs that you don't own, or saying that they are better/worse than other IEMs you don't own, isn't very helpful. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #7,747 of 33,689
How'd it sound before those tips? It's great to see an amazing budget option out there, I hope his MEMT X5 are just as good, but people are starting to doubt that.

To me they sounded just ok before the Auvio tips. Somewhat veiled not as detailed. I loved the X5 until it developed a short at the inline mic three days in..no strain relief where the cord goes in on either end...imo HM7 with Auvio Tips sound better than Memt X5 but only with the Auvio...Resolution on the X5 is better imo

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #7,749 of 33,689
To me they sounded just ok before the Auvio tips. Somewhat veiled not as detailed. I loved the X5 until it developed a short at the inline mic three days in..no strain relief where the cord goes in on either end...imo HM7 with Auvio Tips sound better than Memt X5 but only with the Auvio...Resolution on the X5 is better imo
Yep. Resolution is very good on the X5. Sound signature, not so much for some people.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #7,752 of 33,689
Yep. Resolution is very good on the X5. Sound signature, not so much for some people.

Again, you don't even own them, so there's literally no way for you to actually know anything first hand about their resolution or their sound signature. Go ahead and buy them, and I'll be interested in hearing your opinion, but until then please stop giving "opinions" which are just based on other people's opinions. It's not helpful.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #7,754 of 33,689
  @Vidal and others:
If you're annoyed by the pointy end of the Uiisii HI-705, just cut it off.
I cut of ~2mm of the metal (very soft metal, I used a strong scissor, a pair of pliers would have been better  
rolleyes.gif
 ) and at least this part is solid. I evened out the corners and they were good to go. Getting them in is definitelly easier this now. 
smile_phones.gif

Edit: Picture

Now you can still get blind drunk and insert them in the wrong way and you won't do permanent damage. lol

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #7,755 of 33,689
Regarding the Magaosi K3, it does seems to have a new K3 HD. Here's the link from Taobao and it looks like it is already available with price slightly more expensive than K3 Pro by 50yuan at Taobao.

http://c.b1wt.com/h.VCnatd?cv=9y5rohmD0t&sm=32594c

According to the description, the K3 HD seems to be better in terms of soundstage, instrument separation, better details & resolution. It is available in both gunmetal & silver colour and apparently there's no description about drivers being used so likely they're based on same drivers but different tuning. Hope it addreses the current confusion and looking forward for impressions on the K3 HD.

I suspect it's AF edition . April's fool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back