Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #7,756 of 33,689
  @Vidal and others:
If you're annoyed by the pointy end of the Uiisii HI-705, just cut it off.
I cut of ~2mm of the metal (very soft metal, I used a strong scissor, a pair of pliers would have been better  
rolleyes.gif
 ) and at least this part is solid. I evened out the corners and they were good to go. Getting them in is definitelly easier this now. 
smile_phones.gif

Wow, that's some seriously soft metal if you just cut them with scissors! You sure it's not just chrome plated plastic?

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #7,757 of 33,689
I just confirm that the K3pro and K3HD is the same thing,  on every store description page they written as K3PRO but on the box it is printed as HD hybrid K3 so i think there is no more confusion about Pro and HD, 

No April's fool, they aren't the same.
Yes, the HD needs to go the mass production. It is Still in test with some guys.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #7,759 of 33,689

Wow, that's some seriously soft metal if you just cut them with scissors! You sure it's not just chrome plated plastic?

I thought about that too after writing, they are also too light for most metals I worked with (Which aren't that many to be honest) 
But the surface feels like one and the chipping while cutting also behaved like very light aluminium.
The description also talks about 'Metall Shell' so I'm thinking it's a special sort of alloy.

Btw. my big scissors are old IKEA textile scissors, heavy, 25cm long, indestructible (Don't worry, I use my good ones only for cotton etc, these were to blunt for this kind of work after a year, now I could literally everything with it)

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #7,760 of 33,689
Apr 2, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #7,767 of 33,689
  Hey, have any of you MEMT X5 owners found out a way to reduce the microphonics on these things? It's ridonculous; like the worst of all my in-ears.

A shirt clip help a bit but its still present. you can also try wearing them over ear but it's a little tricky due to the shape. The cable on the X9 i waaay better, similar to the ROCK Zircon braided cable.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #7,768 of 33,689
  A shirt clip help a bit but its still present. you can also try wearing them over ear but it's a little tricky due to the shape. The cable on the X9 i waaay better, similar to the ROCK Zircon braided cable.

Thanks @crabdog and @B9Scrambler, that worked 100% better. I swapped R & L sides due to the odd shape (I also have to do this on the Xiaomi Pro HDs).

I've also noticed that these are very insertion sensitive - they suction into my ear canals like nobody's business! I have to fiddle with them to get the best seal while also getting the best sound. I may try opening up the vent holes slightly to see if that helps at all.

I know a lot of people are having cable failures at the microphone - if/when that happens on these, I'll just change out the cable to something more reliable and with less microphonics.

@crabdog, how does the X9 compare to the X5 sound-wise?

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #7,769 of 33,689
Apr 2, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #7,770 of 33,689
Can anyone provide information on the sound signature of the VJJB N1. I have the UiiSii BA-T8 on order and am considering ordering the N1 tomorrow during the sale.

Anyone seen (or ordered) the new VJJB N1 that was recently released?

It contains a passive crossover, which is odd because it has 2 identical DD drivers. Where is it directing the separated frequencies? If there was a tweeter or a BA, I'd understand the point.

And those 6mm drivers look an awfully lot like the same drivers they used in the V1.

Anyways, it does include (2) removable silver-plated cables and a selection of tips for tuning the sound (narrow bore, wide bore, foam).

Street price is ~$20, which is a bargain if the performance is good. Heck, the 2 cables are worth that even if the IEMs suck.

I was able to dig up 2 reviews, but they're 100% clear because neither are in English (1 Japanese, 1 Russian):

http://www.audiofight.info/vjjb-n1-moi
http://audio-hr2y.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/02/25/220734

You can use Google Translate to check the reviews out for yourself.

As tempting as they look, I don't want to be the guinea pig on this one. I think I'm going to wait until there are a few more reviews on this (preferably English and from some HF members).

Audiobudget has a review of the VJJB N-1.

Based on the reviews of other "5-Star Awarded" earphones on the site's Leaderboard, the VJJB N-1 was pretty much given a glowing, three-thumbs-up appraisal--as high as it could get. Another VJJB IEM was likewise given a 5-star rating, the VJJB 4KS. Although not mentioned, I believe this 5-star score also extends to its sibling, the VJJB 4K (without the cable remote).

This is the Aliexpress page where the N-1 currently sells for $19.79 US, with 2 days left in the sale price:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...woofer-with-Mic-Cable/519064_32794735017.html

And this is a Philippine site with English descriptions for the included pictures, where it's currently selling for ~$29.46 US:

http://www.lazada.com.ph/original-v...laceable-cable-design-intl-12942007.html?ff=1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back