Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #7,411 of 33,689

yes yes I was waiting for that :p Should have written comparatively :O A pair of 8 driver per side complete customs...anywhere....literally anywhere...you're looking at....entry level...$2000AUD, up to, pfft lets say $5000AUD....so! $680 for 16 drivers total, entirely hand made! with real carbon fibre backs, your choice of any colour combination under the the sun and back plate materials AND Sonion and Knowles drivers and a custom 4WAY CROSSOVER! $680 is just absolutely nuts...yes it's still a bit of money! BUT comparatively :p if I were looking at a "cheap pair" of headphones (when compared to what these would normally cost you), i'd save my nut off, get myself to this budget and get a pair :O spectacular for this price. 

It's sort of put fully custom multi ba studio level IEMs into the public eye, not just for rich audiophiles or signed musos'! Like i consider the JH Angie mk2 at around $2000 or the westone w80 at $2000 for universals to be stupid, like....I would never drop that kind of coin on a universal iem...which is how I found these, $2000 for a universal vs $680 for a better sounding entirely custom! This is what i mean by cheap 

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #7,412 of 33,689
You can be right but I don't think so..
I tried 1More Triple driver - Yes, it's quite detail but it can not compare with some another triple driver like Magaosi K3 or LZ A4.
With build quality and sound signature I like **** 4in1 more.. My XE800 and RE400 were broken/driver damge.. that's why I like **** 4in1.
I agree with you that some mono- dynamic driver IEM are hyped here - like MEMT X5,...but XE800 or RE400 can beat 1More quite well.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #7,414 of 33,689

I didnt either and stuck with just 4 ba for kind of my whole life (had a set of westone 3 way back when, 3 drivers, not a huge difference between the 3 and 4 setup), and single dynamic (which I still looooove, but are an entirely different animal)...all in all they're sort of much of a muchness, each brand has their own sound, but, but, but!

....there is some kind of voodoo magic when you hit the 8 driver point, 6 doesn't really do it, but once you hit 8, detail, separation and imaging jumps up considerably, like....a night and day noticeable jump, and these having a 4 way crossover and triple bore makes that difference even more noticeable (low - lowmid - mid/high have their own sound path which keeps their respective frequencies very very clean....kind of wish these were 4 bore with a seperate mid and high but cant be overly picky at this price point and i have stupidly narrow ear canals, Gary did a wizard job at making the 3 bores fit :p) BUT, if you get 3 really good drivers with their own feed you could probably achieve a similar sound but they cant have a 4 way crossover so probably not. 

I also know that by doubling up BA's in their chosen freq range you can begin to control where you want a bump for particular applications, like harder hitting bass for stage users/performing musicians, endlessly high top end for mixing engineers (JH Layla for instance) forward mids OR the opposite, a massive U shape for radio listeners, then utter flatness for mastering engineers etc These can all be controlled by choosing different types of BAs and varying their combinations. 

The main reason for my buy on these was 1) as a daily, and 2) for mixing, my ie800 sound super fun with their U shape, like the bottom i swear goes down to about 10hz hah, and the now sold JH Angie with their flatness but a bit exaggerated top top end (and were absolutely huge, reason i sold), these are sort of massively flat. They have a very very similar sound to the angie being 8ba per side but i think the flatness of these customs has possibly a lot to do with the custom moulded shell. Cause there's no silicone or foam tip effecting the sound and no natural 1khz - 5khz ear canal bump getting in the way as these go so deep it bypasses all ear artefacts 

If you have a store (we have one here in Melbourne called Addicted To Audio, in one glass cabinet they have I **** you not about $100,000 worth of IEM's from dynamic up to 12BA's per side, and I listened to damn near all of them :p) go listen for yourself, get a range from 4-6-8-10-12 ba and listen to the same song through them all. Size to value to sound quality, the best ratio, 8ba's seem to be the sweet spot...I mean...if this company had made a 10ba fully custom...i probably would have bought them :p 

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #7,416 of 33,689

I didnt either and stuck with just 4 ba for kind of my whole life (had a set of westone 3 way back when, 3 drivers, not a huge difference between the 3 and 4 setup), and single dynamic (which I still looooove, but are an entirely different animal)...all in all they're sort of much of a muchness, each brand has their own sound, but, but, but!

....there is some kind of voodoo magic when you hit the 8 driver point, 6 doesn't really do it, but once you hit 8, detail, separation and imaging jumps up considerably, like....a night and day noticeable jump, and these having a 4 way crossover and triple bore makes that difference even more noticeable (low - lowmid - mid/high have their own sound path which keeps their respective frequencies very very clean....kind of wish these were 4 bore with a seperate mid and high but cant be overly picky at this price point and i have stupidly narrow ear canals, Gary did a wizard job at making the 3 bores fit :p) BUT, if you get 3 really good drivers with their own feed you could probably achieve a similar sound but they cant have a 4 way crossover so probably not. 

I also know that by doubling up BA's in their chosen freq range you can begin to control where you want a bump for particular applications, like harder hitting bass for stage users/performing musicians, endlessly high top end for mixing engineers (JH Layla for instance) forward mids OR the opposite, a massive U shape for radio listeners, then utter flatness for mastering engineers etc These can all be controlled by choosing different types of BAs and varying their combinations. 

The main reason for my buy on these was 1) as a daily, and 2) for mixing, my ie800 sound super fun with their U shape, like the bottom i swear goes down to about 10hz hah, and the now sold JH Angie with their flatness but a bit exaggerated top top end (and were absolutely huge, reason i sold), these are sort of massively flat. They have a very very similar sound to the angie being 8ba per side but i think the flatness of these customs has possibly a lot to do with the custom moulded shell. Cause there's no silicone or foam tip effecting the sound and no natural 1khz - 5khz ear canal bump getting in the way as these go so deep it bypasses all ear artefacts 

If you have a store (we have one here in Melbourne called Addicted To Audio, in one glass cabinet they have I **** you not about $100,000 worth of IEM's from dynamic up to 12BA's per side, and I listened to damn near all of them :p) go listen for yourself, get a range from 4-6-8-10-12 ba and listen to the same song through them all. Size to value to sound quality, the best ratio, 8ba's seem to be the sweet spot...I mean...if this company had made a 10ba fully custom...i probably would have bought them :p 

What's your reference song? I have a pair of Gleam Audio 8BA per side and they are great. I'm still testing but against the Angies they sound a little less natural, more like a clear stage monitor than a studio reference iem. The difference is very small, they are a bit cooler than the Angies. Everything sounds like it its right place next to the Angies which is more than I can say for most iems. Are your ones the Hisenior 8BA?

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #7,418 of 33,689
I'm almost tempted to order them just to check them out.
I seriously doubt they compare at all, after reading tons of headphone reviews I can safely say that most people have no idea what audio quality is in the first place.
I just don't see a single Dynamic driver with literally 0 tuning and probably 0 R&D beating out a well funded and carefully tuned set of 3 drivers that has been awarded everywhere.
Additionally they claim to be "Heavy Bass" headphones lol....

You must be psychic to know what tuning/research was done by Ty Hi-Z. Maybe you even need to read reviews to know which are good earphones given your powers?

Obviously I'm at a disadvantage having to rely on actually hearing and owning both earphones for six months - (I sold the 1More because they were getting used). Mind you I could look to Ty's track record in building high end earbuds to see whether they've got any previous experience in making audio kit.

Heavy bass in title = Aliexpress seller (not Ty HiZ) trying to maximise search hits from joe public, obvious really.

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #7,419 of 33,689

You must be psychic to know what tuning/research was done by Ty Hi-Z. Maybe you even need to read reviews to know which are good earphones given your powers?

Obviously I'm at a disadvantage having to rely on actually hearing and owning both earphones for six months - (I sold the 1More because they were getting used). Mind you I could look to Ty's track record in building high end earbuds to see whether they've got any previous experience in making audio kit.

Heavy bass in title = Aliexpress seller (not Ty HiZ) trying to maximise search hits from joe public, obvious really.

I don't ever look at Aliexpress because its mostly just a scamsite. So for me all products on there don't exist.
If it ever gets onto a real site, I might order it just to check it out.
But I just don't see 1 regular dyn driver beating 3 drivers. IEM's are always anemic sounding it seems unless there are multiple drivers.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #7,420 of 33,689

Howdy there, they are indeed the T8!

My 3 go to songs are Morph The Cat by Steely Dan, Lingus by Snarky Puppy and Electric Sunrise by Plini....then sometimes a few of my own songs cause I've spent so much time with them from their conception I know them inside out. 

These are on par with the angies just a little closer in terms of stage (no freq phase tech to do this) separation is the same, umm, it's a funny one right, you cant exactly compare them side by side :p I'm spreading the love! These boys have sold 10 pairs total, for the price it should be 100,000 pairs! And if they do well i feel like they'll start offering 10-12-14ba models :O 

Now comparing these to a CUSTOM pair of angies....that could be another ball game, I feel some of the benefits I'm hearing here are because they're a custom fit....get a reputable brand with in house BA's and crazy proprietary tech in custom form....would possibly just bulldoze these....but I dont think it'd be as a big a jump as you'd expect....but then you're probably paying $4000 so you'd want to damn well hope they make you coffee and play with your balls to :O

Ultimate Audio here in Melbourne (who have their IEM's made in china...go figure) have an 8 driver design for $2000 fully custom, I was actually considering buying these until i found these....I think its these kinds of companies who make this exact type of earphone and slap on a 500% markup in price and their logo. And from what i know sonion and especially knowles drivers are used in most of these! What you're really paying for is customer service, warranty and name? Which I "unofficially" get (besides name) with these anyway! China boutique manufacturers would give you a pair for free if you complained enough :p we make their rep in these forums, thats kind of all they care about

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #7,421 of 33,689

IEM's are always anemic sounding it seems unless there are multiple drivers.

Yeah, there's a real track record of that isn't there
rolleyes.gif
 obviously ignoring the IE800 and Dita Earphones.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #7,422 of 33,689

Howdy there, they are indeed the T8!

My 3 go to songs are Morph The Cat by Steely Dan, Lingus by Snarky Puppy and Electric Sunrise by Plini....then sometimes a few of my own songs cause I've spent so much time with them from their conception I know them inside out. 

These are on par with the angies just a little closer in terms of stage (no freq phase tech to do this) separation is the same, umm, it's a funny one right, you cant exactly compare them side by side :p I'm spreading the love! These boys have sold 10 pairs total, for the price it should be 100,000 pairs! And if they do well i feel like they'll start offering 10-12-14ba models :O 

Now comparing these to a CUSTOM pair of angies....that could be another ball game, I feel some of the benefits I'm hearing here are because they're a custom fit....get a reputable brand with in house BA's and crazy proprietary tech in custom form....would possibly just bulldoze these....but I dont think it'd be as a big a jump as you'd expect....but then you're probably paying $4000 so you'd want to damn well hope they make you coffee and play with your balls to :O

Ultimate Audio here in Melbourne (who have their IEM's made in china...go figure) have an 8 driver design for $2000 fully custom, I was actually considering buying these until i found these....I think its these kinds of companies who make this exact type of earphone and slap on a 500% markup in price and their logo. And from what i know sonion and especially knowles drivers are used in most of these! What you're really paying for is customer service, warranty and name? Which I "unofficially" get (besides name) with these anyway! China boutique manufacturers would give you a pair for free if you complained enough :p we make their rep in these forums, thats kind of all they care about

I believe that Custom Art has an 8BA setup that is around $1200

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #7,423 of 33,689

Hmm thats about $1800 Australian :frowning2: our dollar sucks, these were $680 Australian, or like....what's that... $500 American? Their use of 2 full range drivers stuck in there is extremely interesting? :O They'd put out a very unique sound! After all of these crazy models coming out....it was the price that literally sold me :p 

Though! These companies who do have an RnD department are doing some awesome stuff, like these guys....but, at this number of Ba's i wonder what actually becomes better or worse rather than just different? 

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #7,424 of 33,689
  There's a new 3BA iem from HCK's store: 2016 New CTZ 3BA 

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-CTZ-3BA-In-Ear-Earphone-3BA-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitoring-Earphone-With-MMCX/1825606_32775729468.html

These look pretty incredible imo. I love how they're styled.

Got this a few days ago.
Not only do they look super beautiful, they sound really nice. Wonderful.

Sorry I do not possess those colorful audiophile superlatives but I know quality sound and this is quality.
Also, for me, it's the best fitting IEM. I've always had problems with fitting earphones, in fact I avoid them for that reason. These, however are comfortable and fits me almost perfectly.
I've worn them for 2 hours with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back