Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #7,397 of 33,689

I think the mids are OK if you like a v-shaped sound. Build quality is typical for the price although I actually expected a bit better considering the lush box you get. Considering the red colour is only £5.99 on Amazon they're a steal, Aliexpress is far too expensive.

Maybe they're flogging them cheap on Amazon to get some reviews on the board.

For 5,99gbp the soundquality surely is good.
But I either had to press on the pointy end to get a decent fit or on the beginning of the cable, which led to some crackling noises (Like when glue breaks) 
And for an estimated use of one month I find those 6gbp too much.
Though I just might be unlucky.
As Yoshi948 asked, for those 15-20$ I'd prefer Urbanfun, Memt X5, ZS3, etc. (I'd still say the FXT90 like in many of my post since they are my best headphones but no way to tell if those I got from Ali are genuine)

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #7,399 of 33,689
  The Triple Drivers are overpriced compared to cheaper, more popular IEMs.

Like what?

Most of the IEM's I've seen recommended here just break in a month or two.
lots of people have also reported this.
In many ways you get what you pay for.

I would be interested to know some IEM's which match in not only sound quality but build quality for a lower price. Especially considering that the Triples are on sale for $60 or $75 most of the time.

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #7,400 of 33,689
  Could I get a recommendation for a pair of iems in the 20 dollar range that are decent for listening to things like (indie) rock?

Thanks in advance.

I've got these IEMs in that price range (listed by descending price):

1.) Tennmak Pro - Earphone, 16Ω, 100dB/mW, 10Hz-20KHz, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic, MMCX cable [$22.68]
2.) DZAT DF-10 - Earphone, 16Ω, 90dB/mW, 6Hz-20KHz, Red Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$19.99]
3.) MEMT X5 - Earphone, 16Ω, 100dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$19.90]
4.) Kinera BA05 (2016) - Earphone, 12Ω, 103dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Plastic housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$19.59]

Two have removable cables (MMCX connectors), and two have tethered cables.
The two with tethered cables have Mics.
The two with removable cables have the option of cables with Mics.

The Tennmak Pro has strong Bass & Mid-Bass, and not too recessed Midrange, with clear Treble.
The DZAT DF-10 seems to be a bit more "balanced" sounding than the Tennmak.
The MEMT X5 is really small, but has a big sound - when you get the right tips for a good seal.
The Kinera BA05 has a noticeable "V-shaped" sound - and may not be available any longer, but the Kinera BD005 is similarly priced, and folks on here seem to like them.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #7,403 of 33,689
  For 5,99gbp the soundquality surely is good.
But I either had to press on the pointy end to get a decent fit or on the beginning of the cable, which led to some crackling noises (Like when glue breaks) 
And for an estimated use of one month I find those 6gbp too much.
Though I just might be unlucky.
As Yoshi948 asked, for those 15-20$ I'd prefer Urbanfun, Memt X5, ZS3, etc. (I'd still say the FXT90 like in many of my post since they are my best headphones but no way to tell if those I got from Ali are genuine)

That glue, are you sure that's not driver flex? I never had any problem with insertion as I just pinched the end, I certainly have no reason to expect them not to last a decent amount of time from my use of them so far. 

You lost me with the Yoshi comment.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #7,404 of 33,689

Those are basshead IEM's.

I know that audio is about preference but still, we are talking about audio quality.

Quote:
Like what?

Most of the IEM's I've seen recommended here just break in a month or two.
lots of people have also reported this.
In many ways you get what you pay for.

I would be interested to know some IEM's which match in not only sound quality but build quality for a lower price. Especially considering that the Triples are on sale for $60 or $75 most of the time.

Ty HiZ G3s have been used pretty much every day for 6 months without falling apart, even after crushing one of them with the castor of an office chair they still work (After putting the two halves back together).

I put sound quality ahead of build quality anytime and on that front the G3 beat the 1Mores IMO. If you're thinking they're Basshead IEMs you've obviously never heard them. They're open backed, full of detail and if anything slightly bass shy.

Think an IEM version of AKG Q701s

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7,405 of 33,689

Ty HiZ G3s have been used pretty much every day for 6 months without falling apart, even after crushing one of them with the castor of an office chair they still work (After putting the two halves back together).

I put sound quality ahead of build quality anytime and on that front the G3 beat the 1Mores IMO. If you're thinking they're Basshead IEMs you've obviously never heard them. They're open backed, full of detail and if anything slightly bass shy.

Think an IEM version of AKG Q701s

I'm almost tempted to order them just to check them out.
I seriously doubt they compare at all, after reading tons of headphone reviews I can safely say that most people have no idea what audio quality is in the first place.
I just don't see a single Dynamic driver with literally 0 tuning and probably 0 R&D beating out a well funded and carefully tuned set of 3 drivers that has been awarded everywhere.
Additionally they claim to be "Heavy Bass" headphones lol....

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #7,406 of 33,689
These are the Aliexpress 8ba per side, 4 way fully custom in ears that cost chump change at $680!! (So cheap, so so cheap :O) that I reviewed a few pages back (didn't allow me to post pics, too new?) Bit of an upgrade in sound sig:

Gotta make some changes to my comments on sound signature, was coming down from being a regular ie800 user. They're not upside down U shaped, these are flat, I mean flat, 20-20 almost fuller flat. They're not designed to make your music sound fantastic, they sound as it was recorded. They're all Sonion and Knowles drivers, universal standard in BA's. These are ALMOST reference quality. They have scalpel like separation, there's things I'm hearing in samples, synths, and textures for the very first time in songs I've written, recorded, mixed and mastered myself! A lot of this owes to the sound of your 8ba setup, (all 8ba setups of any brand seem to have a certain shelf in reference to their separation) and the absolute perfect seal these make. Now all brands purposefully have their house colour (best 8ba I've heard are still the JH Angie but THEY make the music fun, even ****ty mixes) these require the SOURCE to sound fun, these are brilliant, you hear exactly only whats in the mix, so again, this colour is flat, flat, flat, absolutely loving them.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #7,407 of 33,689
  These are the Aliexpress 8ba per side, 4 way fully custom in ears that cost chump change at $680!! (So cheap, so so cheap :O) that I reviewed a few pages back (didn't allow me to post pics, too new?) Bit of an upgrade in sound sig:

Gotta make some changes to my comments on sound signature, was coming down from being a regular ie800 user. They're not upside down U shaped, these are flat, I mean flat, 20-20 almost fuller flat. They're not designed to make your music sound fantastic, they sound as it was recorded. They're all Sonion and Knowles drivers, universal standard in BA's. These are ALMOST reference quality. They have scalpel like separation, there's things I'm hearing in samples, synths, and textures for the very first time in songs I've written, recorded, mixed and mastered myself! A lot of this owes to the sound of your 8ba setup, (all 8ba setups of any brand seem to have a certain shelf in reference to their separation) and the absolute perfect seal these make. Now all brands purposefully have their house colour (best 8ba I've heard are still the JH Angie but THEY make the music fun, even ****ty mixes) these require the SOURCE to sound fun, these are brilliant, you hear exactly only whats in the mix, so again, this colour is flat, flat, flat, absolutely loving them.

Nice!
So if they are customs then how do you get fitted when ordering from a place like aliexpress?

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #7,408 of 33,689

Nice! Congrats that you consider a pair of IEM's that cost almost $700.00 as "So cheap, so so cheap" :)

Enjoy your new customs!!

Cheers...

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #7,409 of 33,689
And then what happens if you need to get them refitted?

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #7,410 of 33,689
Man they look awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back