Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #7,382 of 33,689
  This thread is in serious need of a reference iem. Which reference Iem are you comparing them to?

I would wait for reviews to come from people with serious hardware to back up my claim.
But considering the very flat frequency response and incredible level of instrument separation and overall depth I believe they are of reference grade.
I don't have any other Reference grade IEM's, and honestly I didn't expect these to be. I only have the 1More Triple driver (atleast of what would be worth mentioning) and they don't sound anything like the triples.

I do have a set of Klipsch Reference Powered Monitors and this is comparable if not better (I've only had them for 2 days, so not much time to do super in depth comparisons yet).

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #7,385 of 33,689

What are you looking for in headphones?

Something durable, with good bass and sub-bass, no harsh treble (I can hardly enjoy my **** 4in1 because of that) and definitely something a bit different compared to my over-year HD650s in overall sound type. Detachable cable is a must as well (although in that price range I'm expecting that to be something common).

Thing is that I listen to all kinds of music, so can't specify just one type that I want to enjoy the most e.g. metal or pop. Want the headphones to be versatile :)

That's about it I think ...

P.S. Oh ... and one more really important thing. Because I'm using a desktop amp/dac combo, I'm not planing on spending more money into a DAP, so my new IEM pair should sound good enough with my mobile phone. Yeah, I know it will benefit from a separate DAP, but don't want that to be mandatory.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #7,386 of 33,689

Something durable, with good bass and sub-bass, no harsh treble (I can hardly enjoy my **** 4in1 because of that) and definitely something a bit different compared to my over-year HD650s in overall sound type. Detachable cable is a must as well (although in that price range I'm expecting that to be something common).

Thing is that I listen to all kinds of music, so can't specify just one type that I want to enjoy the most e.g. metal or pop. Want the headphones to be versatile :)

That's about it I think ...

P.S. Oh ... and one more really important thing. Because I'm using a desktop amp/dac combo, I'm not planing on spending more money into a DAP, so my new IEM pair should sound good enough with my mobile phone. Yeah, I know it will benefit from a separate DAP, but don't want that to be mandatory.

Well if you want all of that and a detachable cable then get an LZ-A4.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #7,388 of 33,689
If I'm able to get the K3 Pro for sub $100, will the LZ-A4 still be the better bang for the buck?

get both, if budget allows. I personally haven't jumped on the K3pro because of the lack of proper detailed reviews. the Sendiy m1221 is also another contender in the price range, I've read only one good review though.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #7,390 of 33,689

If I'm able to get the K3 Pro for sub $100, will the LZ-A4 still be the better bang for the buck?

Honestly I haven't heard the K3, but I cant imagine that the K3 is better than the 1More Triple drivers.

The LZ-A4 is a very unique IEM because of its filters, you can tune it however you like it and it has detachable cables.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #7,391 of 33,689
have you guys found any good bluetooth iem deals on the 7th sale?

I've been looking at BT cables. Actually, I bought some. I haven't yet received them, though, so I don't know how good (... or not) they are. I wish I'd known about the sale a little sooner, though. -_-"

BT cables with MMCX connectors are common, but I've also managed to find one BT cable with 0.78-mm pins (the "standard" CIEM pins ... I believe).

But even if sound quality is okay and the signal doesn't drop (fingers crossed, both hands), battery life won't be great, so at best it's a solution for commutes or workouts, not long listening sessions.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #7,392 of 33,689
Honestly I haven't heard the K3, but I cant imagine that the K3 is better than the 1More Triple drivers.

The LZ-A4 is a very unique IEM because of its filters, you can tune it however you like it and it has detachable cables.

Depends on your preference, I think the $30 Ty Hi-Z G3 are better than the 1More Triple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back