Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #6,781 of 33,689
Hey does anyone use any of their headphones for gaming?  I've tried a few pairs and the mic's always seem to be not very good.  My friends always complain about hearing echo's and stuff and it only happens with my Asian brand headphone'd mics.  Any suggestions on headphones with solid mics?  Or ways to add on a mic?

Right now I'm replacing my LZ Z0A3s.  I'm leaning towards the memt x5 and also looking at Einseer t2 or even potenntially just getting the LZ Z0A3s again.

I play on xbox One if that matter.  Thanks!

EDIT: I've read reviews saying the memt x5 eartips are pretty weak.  I usually use comply tips but is there anything else thats cheaper on aliexpress that people can recommend?  I ordered a few tips last time i ordered the Z0A3s and they were all pretty weak quality.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #6,782 of 33,689
Can you give a brief description of the signature?

Non fatiguing non sibilant treble but good extension. Nice realistic mids which are not recessed. The bass is HUGE without eq or amp. Doesn't blur any of the other frequencies but is HUGE and well controlled. Short story is if you love bass but also want good mids and non sibilant highs then get these. Not for treble heads or haters of big bass. You are gonna get a ton of well controlled and accurate bass.

I have tried tons of chi fi iems. None have this bass power without amp or eq .... None. Until you got to $60+ area. These are 30 new on amazon. Flat cable is great too.

She records music too and liked the sound of her recordings through it. So its at least accurate to natural soundm

Hey does anyone use any of their headphones for gaming?  I've tried a few pairs and the mic's always seem to be not very good.  My friends always complain about hearing echo's and stuff and it only happens with my Asian brand headphone'd mics.  Any suggestions on headphones with solid mics?  Or ways to add on a mic?

Right now I'm replacing my LZ Z0A3s.  I'm leaning towards the memt x5 and also looking at Einseer t2 or even potenntially just getting the LZ Z0A3s again.

I play on xbox One if that matter.  Thanks!

EDIT: I've read reviews saying the memt x5 eartips are pretty weak.  I usually use comply tips but is there anything else thats cheaper on aliexpress that people can recommend?  I ordered a few tips last time i ordered the Z0A3s and they were all pretty weak quality.

As i stated before i bought these xb50ap for my girlfriend. Couldnt find my mic earbuds when i was going to play ps4 online. Grabbed the xb50ap and was massively impressed. Great placement and channel separation made playing fast paced shooters no problem. And the bass was wild out of the controller. I was super impressed. Earlier today i got myself a set in red cause i was so impressed. (The set in blue i bought for my gf showed up yesterday and i borrowed them to try them for a bit)

Also they are her new favorites i ever gave to her so it was clearly worth spending the 30 on them versus limiting myself to some arbitrary budget, nope these are durable and will take a beating which is what is needed. And the sound is good enough i bought a second for me.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #6,785 of 33,689
@vapman Surprised you're liking the XB50 so much (not a bad thing!!). I thought they were great when I first got mine but compared to JVC's XX series found their bass too loose. Mids and treble suffered too much for that massive bass. There's also the AS800AP which overshadows the XB50 in every way, imo.

You should revive the XB50 thread. Bring the fans out!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717002/sony-mdr-xb50-all-of-your-basses-all-of-them/60

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #6,786 of 33,689
  @vapman Surprised you're liking the XB50 so much (not a bad thing!!). I thought they were great when I first got mine but compared to JVC's XX series found their bass too loose. Mids and treble suffered too much for that massive bass. There's also the AS800AP which overshadows the XB50 in every way, imo.

You should revive the XB50 thread. Bring the fans out!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717002/sony-mdr-xb50-all-of-your-basses-all-of-them/60

Ahhhh, I hadn't grabbed a set of AS800AP as I thought those were no longer sold! Well, maybe instead of getting myself a XB50 in a different color I may try the AS800AP for myself, since I always meant to try that one but thought they were long gone already.

I believe the JVC XX's would have  a tighter bass (maybe not the ones under $30 though), because at the end of the day, XB50 is just a 30 dollar IEM, but that said it can be pushed to truly insane levels with an amp. But, then again, the XX's don't come with a mic, which is important for gaming~

All that said, i'm using them on non amped and non EQable sources which is where i find they fit best! (like my PS4 controller...)

Thanks for the reminder though, I think I will grab the as800ap too since you've reminded me of it and i'll give away either that or the red XB50 =)

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #6,787 of 33,689
  Ahhhh, I hadn't grabbed a set of AS800AP as I thought those were no longer sold! Well, maybe instead of getting myself a XB50 in a different color I may try the AS800AP for myself, since I always meant to try that one but thought they were long gone already.

I believe the JVC XX's would have  a tighter bass (maybe not the ones under $30 though), because at the end of the day, XB50 is just a 30 dollar IEM, but that said it can be pushed to truly insane levels with an amp. But, then again, the XX's don't come with a mic, which is important for gaming~

All that said, i'm using them on non amped and non EQable sources which is where i find they fit best! (like my PS4 controller...)

Thanks for the reminder though, I think I will grab the as800ap too since you've reminded me of it and i'll give away either that or the red XB50 =)

Definitely scoop up a pair of the AS800AP. It was discontinued but you can still get them on Amazon and other places. There's a lightly used pair on Amazon.com right now for 11.49 + 4.57 USD shipping, or 14.38 USD new with potential for free shipping. I paid 80 CAD for mine and would do it again. Love em. As a side note, I annoyed myself reading through the XB50 thread as apparently I wouldn't shut up about them...geezuz man. 
blink.gif

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00NBMI5X8/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1489516476&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+as800ap

*edit: Keep in mind that the XB50 has more bass ootb. Gotta boost the AS800AP to get the same quantity.*

I paid ~70-80 CAD for the XB50 so my opinions were initially based around competition at that price. Purchased them the first week they showed up in Canadian stores (May 2014). Going back to that old thread, I pretty clearly preferred them over the FX3X at first. Seems the treble/mid recession got to me though as I flip flopped back over to the 3X and others, lol.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #6,788 of 33,689
Haha i grabbed that $14 new one before you posted it  :wink:

The XB50 with amping and boosting turns into a pure bass cannon but without EQ has a truly impressive sub boost.

Figured the slightly lower bass in stock form will work out for me. I always EQ when i'm actually listening.

Worst case I have one as800ap and two XB50AP. Nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion!!!

(turns out they have more of the $14 ones without packaging in stock than new ones at $30ish, weird!)

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,789 of 33,689
What more expensive IEM has as much bass as the XB50AP?

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #6,790 of 33,689
What more expensive IEM has as much bass as the XB50AP?

Sony XB90EX
Rose Aurora
Rose Cappuccino MK2
TFZ series 5 
JVC HA-FX1100
Yamaha EPH M200
Radius NHR 21/31

I hear people say ibasso it03 is crazy bassy but i have never heard it. I can confirm any of the above are basshead certified.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,791 of 33,689
  Haha i grabbed that $14 new one before you posted it  :wink:

The XB50 with amping and boosting turns into a pure bass cannon but without EQ has a truly impressive sub boost.

Figured the slightly lower bass in stock form will work out for me. I always EQ when i'm actually listening.

Worst case I have one as800ap and two XB50AP. Nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion!!!

(turns out they have more of the $14 ones without packaging in stock than new ones at $30ish, weird!)

lol, too quick! Well, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. With my Creative SoundBlaster amp and the TruSound EQ I could crank the bass a full +24 dB without running into distortion, though I probably listen at lower volumes that most of you in the basshead thread and that much bass was just way too much for me. I was just impressed it could handle it.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #6,792 of 33,689
Sony XB90EX
Rose Aurora
Rose Cappuccino MK2
TFZ series 5 
JVC HA-FX1100
Yamaha EPH M200
Radius NHR 21/31

I hear people say ibasso it03 is crazy bassy but i have never heard it. I can confirm any of the above are basshead certified.

Can you order them in either ascending or descending order of bass so we know how to properly gauge?

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #6,793 of 33,689
Can you order them in either ascending or descending order of bass so we know how to properly gauge?

I mostly stole that from the basshead IEM thread 1st post, where i have a list too 
wink.gif

But happy to help any bass lovers at any time!

For non-ampers
  • Alpha Delta AD01
  • Radius NHR 21/31 (only diff is fixed vs mmcx cable)
  • Rose cappuccino mk2
  • Rose Aurora
  • Sony XB90EX
  • Elecom
  • JVC FX1100

For ampers and EQ heads
  • Sony XB90EX
  • Cappuccino mk2
  • Sony Z5
  • Elecom
  • NHR 21/31
  • Aurora
  • FX 1100
  •  

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,794 of 33,689
I mostly stole that from the basshead IEM thread 1st post, where i have a list too :wink:
But happy to help any bass lovers at any time!

For non-ampers
  1. Alpha Delta AD01
  2. Radius NHR 21/31 (only diff is fixed vs mmcx cable)
  3. Rose cappuccino mk2
  4. Rose Aurora
  5. Sony XB90EX
  6. Elecom
  7. JVC FX1100

For ampers and EQ heads
  1. Sony XB90EX
  2. Cappuccino mk2
  3. Sony Z5
  4. Elecom
  5. NHR 21/31
  6. Aurora
  7. FX 1100

But where does the XB50AP fit into either list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back