Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #6,796 of 33,689
  But wait there's more....The MEMT X7 and X9 are coming at the end of this month or early next month. The X7 will have an 8 mm driver and the X9 is an earbud.

Quote:

Will be interesting to see whether their new ones are as good as the X5 and X3 especially if they're moving away from the microdriver format 

The MEMT M1 and M2 has been around for quite a while with 8.6mm drivers and the MEMT-MINI with 8mm drivers. Wonder how they sound, as well.

....I'm also eyeing the MEMT X1 with nano-type diaphragm unit.
tongue_smile.gif

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w25148-8563864018.4.h1frJ6&id=542743795312

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-15011719434.10.KmM1KD&id=542725057449

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-15011719434.12.KmM1KD&id=542705896569

Also the X7 and X9 will have a different cable but I don't have details on it.

Yea, he might be updating the cables, which might be a good thing.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #6,798 of 33,689
  I mostly stole that from the basshead IEM thread 1st post, where i have a list too 
wink.gif

But happy to help any bass lovers at any time!

For non-ampers
  • Alpha Delta AD01
  • Radius NHR 21/31 (only diff is fixed vs mmcx cable)
  • Rose cappuccino mk2
  • Rose Aurora
  • Sony XB90EX
  • Elecom
  • JVC FX1100

For ampers and EQ heads
  • Sony XB90EX
  • Cappuccino mk2
  • Sony Z5
  • Elecom
  • NHR 21/31
  • Aurora
  • FX 1100
  •  

Will an amp really bring out the power of the Sony xb90ex? I dont have an amp and I have been trying to decide whether to get an amp because of this reason. Do you think an amp for my Sony is a reasonable buy?  

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #6,799 of 33,689
Could we have more comparisons with k3pro and the LZ-A4? What about k3 vanilla? Are they the same? mids? Male vs.Female vocals? Timbre?texture? Wanna read more please! TIA!

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #6,800 of 33,689
Could we have more comparisons with k3pro and the LZ-A4? What about k3 vanilla? Are they the same? mids? Male vs.Female vocals? Timbre?texture? Wanna read more please! TIA!

TwinACStacks put a small comparison in his K3 review. Him and I both have the original K3. The K3 is more mid oriented compared to B/B A4. The A4 IMO has a wider and more spatial stage. The K3 highs are a bit more crisp.

I prefer the A4, he prefers the K3. I also feel the A4 more balanced throughout.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #6,801 of 33,689
TwinACStacks put a small comparison in his K3 review. Him and I both have the original K3. The K3 is more mid oriented compared to B/B A4. The A4 IMO has a wider and more spatial stage. The K3 highs are a bit more crisp.

I prefer the A4, he prefers the K3. I also feel the A4 more balanced throughout.

More sweetness in vocals? More details? Sounds like a good complimentary hybrid? How's the timbre of trumpets?jazz?

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #6,802 of 33,689
The problem with sw3 is wacky tuning that can be enjoyed if you do not prioritize a natural sound.

But where does the XB50AP fit into either list?

My mistake oops. Between 5 and 6 for amped and eqd. But its just boomy impact then. Non amped its 1 or 2 for me.

Will an amp really bring out the power of the Sony xb90ex? I dont have an amp and I have been trying to decide whether to get an amp because of this reason. Do you think an amp for my Sony is a reasonable buy?  

Yes get a e12 or cayin c5 or something like that. That iem needs the power to shine.

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #6,803 of 33,689

I have the K3P, have not heard the original but as others have stated they are probably pretty much the same other than a touch of warmth on the Pro, and compared to the A4 it is very difficult to state which one is "better" because they both do so many things so well. Soundstage on both is excellent. To my ears vocals are a tad bit sweeter on K3p but are right up there on A4. Clarity and detail I also give to K3P. Instrument separation and placement on K3P are extremely precise. As I write this it appears that I am giving the edge to K3P but there is just something about the overall sound presentation on the A4 with my preferred black/b, black/f setup that makes them such a pleasure to listen to...it is smooth yet detailed, immersive, and leaves nothing left to be desired. On the other hand the K3P with more playing time are becoming almost impossible to remove from my ears once there..This must be how a mother feels about her two children, she loves then both equally but at times prefers the company of one over the other...at this point I couldn't see myself without either of these earphones....IMO..One note: although I do believe in burn in to an extent I just don't have the patience to put these aside for X amount of hours so my "burn in" is being done in ears. As such what I am hearing could change but I believe it would only be for the better...Thanks

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #6,805 of 33,689

What about bass and sub bass?

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #6,806 of 33,689
I have the K3P, have not heard the original but as others have stated they are probably pretty much the same other than a touch of warmth on the Pro, and compared to the A4 it is very difficult to state which one is "better" because they both do so many things so well. Soundstage on both is excellent. To my ears vocals are a tad bit sweeter on K3p but are right up there on A4. Clarity and detail I also give to K3P. Instrument separation and placement on K3P are extremely precise. As I write this it appears that I am giving the edge to K3P but there is just something about the overall sound presentation on the A4 with my preferred black/b, black/f setup that makes them such a pleasure to listen to...it is smooth yet detailed, immersive, and leaves nothing left to be desired. On the other hand the K3P with more playing time are becoming almost impossible to remove from my ears once there..This must be how a mother feels about her two children, she loves then both equally but at times prefers the company of one over the other...at this point I couldn't see myself without either of these earphones....IMO..One note: although I do believe in burn in to an extent I just don't have the patience to put these aside for X amount of hours so my "burn in" is being done in ears. As such what I am hearing could change but I believe it would only be for the better...Thanks

That's interesting comparison. I wonder how 1MORE Quad drivers will stand against them.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #6,807 of 33,689

I have A4 and just like you B/B is my most favourite combination ,  i just want to know about the music presentation on K3P as i like the front focused presentation i want to feel like the singer is singing in front of my eyes, 
hope you understand what I want to say ,  so can you please write a little bit on the presentation of music specially the position of singer on K3PRO , , ,  thanks . 

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #6,808 of 33,689
I have A4 and just like you B/B is my most favourite combination ,  i just want to know about the music presentation on K3P as i like the front focused presentation i want to feel like the singer is singing in front of my eyes, 
hope you understand what I want to say ,  so can you please write a little bit on the presentation of music specially the position of singer on K3PRO , , ,  thanks . 

have you experimented with Grey+Blue? it's probably the most vocal oriented

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #6,810 of 33,689
I agree exactly with Trumpet. I will need to give the K3 more love, there is just something about the A4 esp balanced, I tried the K3 balanced but didn't notice anything immediately like the A4. Bass is pretty much the same IMO, the Pro is slightly warmer though so Idk how they compare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back