Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 13, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #6,751 of 33,689
After a few hours of listening of Uiisii 905, I would say it has both obvious pros and cons. It's clearer than M4 due to the BA driver and 3D sound, but its soundstage is too small (narrow but amazing depth and great height), much smaller than M4, so separation is not as good as M4. And the bass quatity is too little. So overall, I think M4 is better. But 905 is obvious clearer than M4.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #6,753 of 33,689
what's the consensus on th Xiaomi piston range?.Tried a piston 3 (15use but almost double price here in aud)and quite surprised me...solid sounding to my ears and also quite solidly built .Lost them unfortunately. Tossing up whether to get another pair or get one of the hybrid iv
what are some recommendations for someone who listening to music using these types of headphones?(and not difficult to find places to purchase them from)

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #6,755 of 33,689
what's the consensus on th Xiaomi piston range?.Tried a piston 3 (15use but almost double price here in aud)and quite surprised me...solid sounding to my ears and also quite solidly built .Lost them unfortunately. Tossing up whether to get another pair or get one of the hybrid iv
what are some recommendations for someone who listening to music using these types of headphones?(and not difficult to find places to purchase them from)

Sorry, no answer from me on the Pistons - but wanted to say that I completely misread your username and thought it was some kind of expression of extreme annoyance from a well educated little blue guy........trying to repair his roof and drops his hammer "Oh!! Smurfin' Anus!!" :xf_mad:

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #6,757 of 33,689
Just got a 5/6ba and Magaosi k3 pro but tempted to get another one. has anyone bought or tried this hybrid already:

Music Maker Shockwave III

It claims to sport 11mm dd and 4ba drivers.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,758 of 33,689
  Just got a 5/6ba and Magaosi k3 pro but tempted to get another one. has anyone bought or tried this hybrid already:

Thanks.

How are you liking the Magaosi k3?   Some initial reviews and putting that unit ahead of one of the most talked about new units; the LZ-A4.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #6,759 of 33,689
My teenage daughter is an apprentice headfier. She has the cellos and Vivo xe800s now.

She keeps telling her friends that her dad is a weirdo who collects earphones.

Fair cop!

Hmmm? Now I'm wondering if that's what my son tells his friends here in China. 
redface.gif

This is my second order of X5.. First order was "waylaid" (stolen) by Post Office..Seriously considering another pair but want more time just to be sure the sound I'm hearing is not"new toy syndrome" but man right now they sound great and can take some juice without breaking up!!

You'll know the postman who stoled it.....he could be the one delivery the mail while listening to your X5. --> Keep a lookout!
ph34r.gif

@1clearhead have you heard the MEMT M1 or M2?

No, not yet! ...But, I'm willing to check them out, when the time comes, though.
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks.

....if I'm not mistaken, I think that's 'TWINS' top-tier IEM!
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #6,760 of 33,689
Soundstage on the X5 is about 80 to 85 percent of both A4 and K3P, not as wide but still quite spacious. Clarity and detail are again about 80 percent compared to both...remember we are talking about a 20 dollar pair of iem compared to 100 plus for the other two...hard to compare though because when I'm listening to the X5 I don't feel like I'm losing a lot because they sound so good, until I put on either of the other two and then I can hear the subtle differences especially in refinement and Resolution..X5 is an incredible value but A4 and K3P are on a totally different level...strange though, with these three I'm feeling strangely content and the urge to buy more has slightly subsided.......for now......Oh yea this is all jmo.

Thanks alot bro. Got the idea. Guess i will be ordering a4 or the k3pro. Sorry to ask too much but whats ur take on a4 vs k3pro. Which has more bass quantity and bettter quality, what about wider stage and depth and which has better clarity and resolution. Also is k3p siblant?

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #6,761 of 33,689
Thanks alot bro. Got the idea. Guess i will be ordering a4 or the k3pro. Sorry to ask too much but whats ur take on a4 vs k3pro. Which has more bass quantity and bettter quality, what about wider stage and depth and which has better clarity and resolution. Also is k3p siblant?

try xb50ap seriously, im buying a second for myself

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #6,763 of 33,689
Got the MEMT X5 last night and am listening to it. Must say its really impressive and they scale well with the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back