Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 4, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #6,421 of 33,689
Comply is durable?????? Damn.

Shure has been the king of durability. Comply.....not so much.

The Shure 'Olives' are more like the KZ style foams, I haven't used the Shure ones but the KZ don't work that well as they're missing the centre sleeve 

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #6,422 of 33,689
I also got the Somic V4 and the Memt X5. I like both of these. The Somic is a little more balanced than the Memt with a cool cable, but I'm not a fan of the plastic body and how much it sticks out. The Memt is more bassy, but very nice and the fit is great. None of these have any burn-in yet, just initial impressions.

Need more comparisons on how they sound. Also it would be great if you mention what source you are using.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #6,425 of 33,689

Try wearing the Somic V4 around ear. Seems like a weird thing to do with such an oddly shaped, somewhat bulky earphone, but it ends up sitting pretty much flush with your ear. It's one of my most low profile earphones worn that way, and one of the few I can wear under a toque. That statement stands even when comparing them to stuff like the VSD2, VSD3, ADV. Model 3, and others that are designed to be low profile.

That does work better for sure. I still think they're an odd body shape, but not so bad over ear.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #6,426 of 33,689
  Need more comparisons on how they sound. Also it would be great if you mention what source you are using.

I'm not an expert reviewer, particularly of IEMs which aren't my usual thing (over ear headphones are my typical daily use items).

But I find both the X5 and Somic V4 to have a similar amount of detail (good), a similar soundstage (adequate), not much airiness to either one. Both are solid and surprisingly good performers for inexpensive IEMs. I'd be perfectly happy using either.

The biggest difference is the exaggerated but pleasing bass on the X5. The V4 is not bass shy to be sure, but it's closer to a neutral signature to my ear. Preference will be to taste mostly. I do prefer the smaller metal body of the X5 for sure.

I've been listening mostly through my Fulla2 with stock tips, and a little from my Moto Z.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #6,427 of 33,689
I've got this one and it works great very stable connection :

http://penonaudio.com/MMCX-Bluetooth-Earphone-Cable?search=Bluetooth

They've got a store on AE as well so maybe you can find it there.....
l just picked this up this week as well. Can you give me any pointers on how to connect it? It didn't come with any directions and I'm unable to get it to pair to any of my Bluetooth devices. T.I.A

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #6,428 of 33,689
I'm not an expert reviewer, particularly of IEMs which aren't my usual thing (over ear headphones are my typical daily use items).

But I find both the X5 and Somic V4 to have a similar amount of detail (good), a similar soundstage (adequate), not much airiness to either one. Both are solid and surprisingly good performers for inexpensive IEMs. I'd be perfectly happy using either.

The biggest difference is the exaggerated but pleasing bass on the X5. The V4 is not bass shy to be sure, but it's closer to a neutral signature to my ear. Preference will be to taste mostly. I do prefer the smaller metal body of the X5 for sure.

I've been listening mostly through my Fulla2 with stock tips, and a little from my Moto Z.
thanks jwong. That's certainly helpful. Have ordered MEMT X5 and will be using with XDuoo X10. Hopefully neutralness of x10 and fuller sounding x5 will be a good synergy.

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #6,433 of 33,689
Anybody would be able to confirm that the Magaosi K3 PRO version is coming with 2 extra pairs of filters (3 pairs all together) and 2 cables?
Mine came with one pair (silver) of extra filters and only one cable - but everything was in a retail box.
Thanks,

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #6,434 of 33,689
Anybody would be able to confirm that the Magaosi K3 PRO version is coming with 2 extra pairs of filters (3 pairs all together) and 2 cables?
Mine came with one pair (silver) of extra filters and only one cable - but everything was in a retail box.
Thanks,

This is what it says on the Penon AliExpress store (note I don't have the K3 myself):

Package
  1.  K3Pro
  2. Carry bag
  3. MMCX cable(L-shaped plug)
  4. MMCX cable (straight plug)
  5. filter(silver/gray)
  6. Silicone eartips(L//S)
  7. Foam eartips(L//S) 

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #6,435 of 33,689
I've bought a few IEMs now, I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur by any sense of the word, but I am absolutely in love with my Joyeroom E107s that someone recommended for their small and unassuming profile (both in appearance and functionality). They're decent isolators and I've had no issues with build quality. They're also really cheap!

I did buy a pair of Dunu DN-1000s as well: whilst they sounded notably better (I do like the v-shaped signature) and they were very decent, unfortunately within two months the right side has stopped working properly, hence I'm returning them. They were also quite heavy and notable whilst in your ears. Greatly satisfying IEMs in terms of SQ for the duration that they worked, but I've established that I needn't spend that much for something that will fit my needs, especially due to really feeling it with extended periods of wear.

The Tennmak Pros I also had were lacking in build quality and have fallen apart fairly rapidly, plus I prefer the straight-down profile. A pause button is preferable but not essential. Those Joyeroom's were certainly the best purchase thus far (in terms of being economical) and I'm probably going to buy another pair for the sake of it. They're great for working with!

However, I'm curious if there's anything comparable with a little more power, as I believe the drivers are only 6mm. Ramping up the volume on my i6S can cause a little distortion/harshness (though it's pretty much fine). Is there anything with similar isolating qualities and lightness (they fit very snug in your ears which is great for sleeping as well) whilst also being cheap (the Joyeroom's were very cheap @ £8-9ish). I don't mind paying a bit more (up to £20ish give or take) as long as they have similar qualities (but with a little more power and depth).

Is there anything out there that fits that criteria? The E107s sound signature is more than fine for my tastes: I do primarily listen to electronic genres but wouldn't want a 'bass-head' head-phone per se, just something that is preferably slightly/or v-shaped. I like the sound signature of the E107s (my ears are more than happy with them) but at the same time if there's something with a little bit more oomph then do tell!

EDIT: 

I'm considering the Joyroom JR-E109, audiobudget rates them highly (even more so than the E107s), but there's not many reviews on them.

Any recommendations? Cheers all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back