Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,413 of 33,689
I don't know if i should post this here or not but, here it goes.
I have a sennheiser momentum in ear headphones and i want to change its tips (since they dont fit well to my right ear).
So thing i want to ask is, are there any high qualitied foam tips on aliexpress that i can use with my sennheisers?
Thanks.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #6,414 of 33,689
  I don't know if i should post this here or not but, here it goes.
I have a sennheiser momentum in ear headphones and i want to change its tips (since they dont fit well to my right ear).
So thing i want to ask is, are there any high qualitied foam tips on aliexpress that i can use with my sennheisers?
Thanks.

Not really, the Ali ones tend to last a lot less than the Comply ones. I've gone back to Comply as they're much more durable

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #6,415 of 33,689
Comply is durable?????? Damn.

Shure has been the king of durability. Comply.....not so much.

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #6,416 of 33,689
The Uiisii Hi905 didn't work for me either. I did manage to get a good fit once with some spinfit tips and the bass improved, but the next time I tried it I couldn't duplicate it. Too fiddly for me, so I threw them on the for sale forum for cheap in case someone else wants to try. 

I also got the Somic V4 and the Memt X5. I like both of these. The Somic is a little more balanced than the Memt with a cool cable, but I'm not a fan of the plastic body and how much it sticks out. The Memt is more bassy, but very nice and the fit is great. None of these have any burn-in yet, just initial impressions.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #6,417 of 33,689
jwong vidal
I guess the common consensus is that the fit problem is a huge issue. Tho i managed to get a better seal with blu tac, there is still something lacking in terms of isolation. Additionally the bass presence is pretty meh.

No doubt the clarity and details imo is probably up there in my list (and that's among what i have), but the isolation puts them at the class in between an IEM and an earbud. With blu tac, it solved the issue but not completely as the weird design makes it hard to get a real good seal. Also the cable noise issue where if u want to wear it over ear, u have to switch the left and right earpiece and the channel will screw the whole music presentation lol.

So it makes the Hi905 in an awkward position whereby other IEMs can be used outdoors with better isolation and SQ and a indoor an US$3.21 earbud can top its performance.

I was blindsided by the price initially and wanted to give it another opportunity but after all the issues, i guess i will just stick back my Tennmak Pro and probably write this off as an experience. Tho i must add if the SQ can be replicated with a better seal, it will probably be at the top of my list, just too bad.....

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #6,419 of 33,689
  The Uiisii Hi905 didn't work for me either. I did manage to get a good fit once with some spinfit tips and the bass improved, but the next time I tried it I couldn't duplicate it. Too fiddly for me, so I threw them on the for sale forum for cheap in case someone else wants to try. 

I also got the Somic V4 and the Memt X5. I like both of these. The Somic is a little more balanced than the Memt with a cool cable, but I'm not a fan of the plastic body and how much it sticks out. The Memt is more bassy, but very nice and the fit is great. None of these have any burn-in yet, just initial impressions.

Try wearing the Somic V4 around ear. Seems like a weird thing to do with such an oddly shaped, somewhat bulky earphone, but it ends up sitting pretty much flush with your ear. It's one of my most low profile earphones worn that way, and one of the few I can wear under a toque. That statement stands even when comparing them to stuff like the VSD2, VSD3, ADV. Model 3, and others that are designed to be low profile.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #6,420 of 33,689
i'm just now listening (withou burn-in) to the bundled benjie x1 earbuds. i haven't used earbuds since i was maybe 10, but this is quite good.

^as i was typing the above, i was listening to disturbed live at red rocks: great humpy bass; good soundstage when i press down; but instrument separation and details were a bit of a let down (the distortion was too recessed).

listening to adele's 21 now. 1st thing i noticed is that adele's voice is veiled and and the piano and cymbals are very recessed.

however, when played a bit of bigbang and epik high (kpop/hiphop), they sounded great, tho now that i think back on it, the guitars were a bit recessed and vocals a bit veiled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back