Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 5, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #6,436 of 33,689
I've bought a few IEMs now, I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur by any sense of the word, but I am absolutely in love with my Joyeroom E107s that someone recommended for their small and unassuming profile (both in appearance and functionality). They're decent isolators and I've had no issues with build quality. They're also really cheap!

I did buy a pair of Dunu DN-1000s as well: whilst they sounded notably better (I do like the v-shaped signature) and they were very decent, unfortunately within two months the right side has stopped working properly, hence I'm returning them. They were also quite heavy and notable whilst in your ears. Greatly satisfying IEMs in terms of SQ for the duration that they worked, but I've established that I needn't spend that much for something that will fit my needs, especially due to really feeling it with extended periods of wear.

The Tennmak Pros I also had were lacking in build quality and have fallen apart fairly rapidly, plus I prefer the straight-down profile. A pause button is preferable but not essential. Those Joyeroom's were certainly the best purchase thus far (in terms of being economical) and I'm probably going to buy another pair for the sake of it. They're great for working with!

However, I'm curious if there's anything comparable with a little more power, as I believe the drivers are only 6mm. Ramping up the volume on my i6S can cause a little distortion/harshness (though it's pretty much fine). Is there anything with similar isolating qualities and lightness (they fit very snug in your ears which is great for sleeping as well) whilst also being cheap (the Joyeroom's were very cheap @ £8-9ish). I don't mind paying a bit more (up to £20ish give or take) as long as they have similar qualities (but with a little more power and depth).

Is there anything out there that fits that criteria? The E107s sound signature is more than fine for my tastes: I do primarily listen to electronic genres but wouldn't want a 'bass-head' head-phone per se, just something that is preferably slightly/or v-shaped. I like the sound signature of the E107s (my ears are more than happy with them) but at the same time if there's something with a little bit more oomph then do tell!

EDIT: 

I'm considering the Joyroom JR-E109, audiobudget rates them highly (even more so than the E107s), but there's not many reviews on them.

Any recommendations? Cheers all.

Maybe the MEMT X5

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #6,437 of 33,689
Magaosi K3 PRO Japanese review Interestingly Enough it is being compared with the HD6XX series

translated with google

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://platinum-gadgets.net/2017/02/23/codio-hlsx-magaosi-k3/&prev=search

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #6,438 of 33,689
Does anyone have any experience with the Swing EC1?  Spec-wise it seems really interesting as a dual BA single DD hybrid that's in the $30 range.  I'm quite tempted to make the plunge but would love to hear from anyone who has tried them out.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #6,439 of 33,689
  I've bought a few IEMs now, I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur by any sense of the word, but I am absolutely in love with my Joyeroom E107s that someone recommended for their small and unassuming profile (both in appearance and functionality). They're decent isolators and I've had no issues with build quality. They're also really cheap!

I did buy a pair of Dunu DN-1000s as well: whilst they sounded notably better (I do like the v-shaped signature) and they were very decent, unfortunately within two months the right side has stopped working properly, hence I'm returning them. They were also quite heavy and notable whilst in your ears. Greatly satisfying IEMs in terms of SQ for the duration that they worked, but I've established that I needn't spend that much for something that will fit my needs, especially due to really feeling it with extended periods of wear.

The Tennmak Pros I also had were lacking in build quality and have fallen apart fairly rapidly, plus I prefer the straight-down profile. A pause button is preferable but not essential. Those Joyeroom's were certainly the best purchase thus far (in terms of being economical) and I'm probably going to buy another pair for the sake of it. They're great for working with!

However, I'm curious if there's anything comparable with a little more power, as I believe the drivers are only 6mm. Ramping up the volume on my i6S can cause a little distortion/harshness (though it's pretty much fine). Is there anything with similar isolating qualities and lightness (they fit very snug in your ears which is great for sleeping as well) whilst also being cheap (the Joyeroom's were very cheap @ £8-9ish). I don't mind paying a bit more (up to £20ish give or take) as long as they have similar qualities (but with a little more power and depth).

Is there anything out there that fits that criteria? The E107s sound signature is more than fine for my tastes: I do primarily listen to electronic genres but wouldn't want a 'bass-head' head-phone per se, just something that is preferably slightly/or v-shaped. I like the sound signature of the E107s (my ears are more than happy with them) but at the same time if there's something with a little bit more oomph then do tell!

EDIT: 

I'm considering the Joyroom JR-E109, audiobudget rates them highly (even more so than the E107s), but there's not many reviews on them.

Any recommendations? Cheers all.

Yup! More than a year ago, I brought the Joyroom JR-E107 to this forum and now "the more talked about" MEMT X5. And I can tell you that the X5 just "out-performs" the E107's in soundstage, head stage, construction and even more power!

....it's a no brainer!
wink.gif

Maybe the MEMT X5

+1 ....I second that!

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #6,440 of 33,689
Does anyone have any experience with the Swing EC1?  Spec-wise it seems really interesting as a dual BA single DD hybrid that's in the $30 range.  I'm quite tempted to make the plunge but would love to hear from anyone who has tried them out.

Yes I've got them and I'm very impressed with them. Haven't listened to them for a while due to some personal issues (fire in our house) but they certainly punch way above their price. I'm hoping to do a full review of them eventually but it's still a while until we can take full possession of our house and I can get access to all of my gear again.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #6,441 of 33,689
After an period of testing various IEMS like:

KZ ZST
Vivo XE800
Senzer H1
KZ ATR

Now that I know a bit better what I want in terms of sound signature, I would like some recommendation.

I really like the vivo xe800 but I find it a bit lacking in the lower end but love it's clarity. Also the fit is very comfortable, but I turn on bass booster on my iPhone to compensate for the low end.

KZ ZST, while I like it's clarity I didn't like it's spike somewhere in the higher region. Also I found that they sound duller on my Nokia N900 than my iPhone. Guess my Nokia can't drive them properly.

Senzer H1; love it's clarity and great sounding sound but I find the bass a bit too much, a bit.

ATR, while great for the value I particulary found it lacking in the higher-end.

Generally, I'm looking for a mix between the vivo xe-800 and Senzer H1.
I like bit forward vocals with decent bass and clarity in the high's, but not like the ZST. Some say the H1 is also a bit hot on the high's, I didn't hear it. Yeah only when A-B'ing with other IEM's.
Basically a vivo xe800 with a bit more body to the bass, but not too much.

I prefer small housing's like the vivo and senzer. With the ZST and ATR I find myself pushing them in my ears multiple times when travelling by train.

Myself found the einsear T2, boarsemann cx98. Do you think they tick my boxes?

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #6,442 of 33,689

KZ ZST
Vivo XE800
Senzer H1
KZ ATR

Now that I know a bit better what I want in terms of sound signature, I would like some recommendation.

I really like the vivo xe800 but I find it a bit lacking in the lower end but love it's clarity. Also the fit is very comfortable, but I turn on bass booster on my iPhone to compensate for the low end.

KZ ZST, while I like it's clarity I didn't like it's spike somewhere in the higher region. Also I found that they sound duller on my Nokia N900 than my iPhone. Guess my Nokia can't drive them properly.

Senzer H1; love it's clarity and great sounding sound but I find the bass a bit too much, a bit.

ATR, while great for the value I particulary found it lacking in the higher-end.

I like bit forward vocals with decent bass and clarity in the high's, but not like the ZST. Some say the H1 is also a bit hot on the high's, I didn't hear it. Yeah only when A-B'ing with other IEM's.

I prefer small housing's like the vivo and senzer. With the ZST and ATR I find myself pushing them in my ears multiple times when travelling by train.

Take a look at the Brainwavz B100.

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #6,443 of 33,689

KZ ZST
Vivo XE800
Senzer H1
KZ ATR

Myself found the einsear T2, boarsemann cx98. Do you think they t ick my boxes?
the einsear would be a good choice also the musicMaker tw1. For a real bargain, the kz hds3 is a ton of fun in a very small form

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #6,444 of 33,689

KZ ZST
Vivo XE800
Senzer H1
KZ ATR

I can never say enough on the MEMT X5 with it's medium silicone double-flanges for great balance. Or, your option of switching to aftermarket single-flanges for a more robust sounding experience. They can be easily driven by most units and are excellent sounding for 6mm drivers.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #6,445 of 33,689

KZ ZST
Vivo XE800
Senzer H1
KZ ATR

Agree with the Einsear and Boarseman suggestion and don't rule out the KR49 Boarsemans. I would have suggested the Mannhas C190 and E170 but can't seem to find them on Ali anymore.

Other options could be the LZ Z03A or Urbanfun Hybrids

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,446 of 33,689
Yes I've got them and I'm very impressed with them. Haven't listened to them for a while due to some personal issues (fire in our house) but they certainly punch way above their price. I'm hoping to do a full review of them eventually but it's still a while until we can take full possession of our house and I can get access to all of my gear again.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear about your house.  I hope all will be well for you moving forward, and I very much looking forward to reading your review when you have the chance.  Until then, stay safe and be well.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #6,447 of 33,689
  Magaosi K3 PRO Japanese review Interestingly Enough it is being compared with the HD6XX series

translated with google

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://platinum-gadgets.net/2017/02/23/codio-hlsx-magaosi-k3/&prev=search

I could only make out bits and pieces of the google translation, but it seems his impressions were quite positive.  Any native Japanese speakers here willing to make a more coherent translation?

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #6,449 of 33,689
Nope. My understanding is there are 2 pairs of nozzles 1 damped and 1 undamped and a single cable.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back