Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #6,046 of 33,689
astone i got my ViVo XE800, today and yes thank you so much they are very close to the ve monks plus, still a little less thicker mids but close enough to get the same satisfaction and the violins in my music give me chills from this iem- I love the help i get from this forum. The ear tips that came with them are perfect. Other tips make it sound too bright i hope i don't lose the original tips. Very spacious sound, thank you astone.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #6,047 of 33,689
  So... HM7 or MEMT X5. Which do you prefer? :wink:

Haha, good question! ....Right now, these are my top two favorite dynamic driver IEM's because they are a 90% split mirror-image of my top two hybrids -the M1221 and the K3. 
etysmile.gif

So, some days I prefer the MEMT X5 and other days I get the craving to use the UiiSii HM7.  
ksc75smile.gif
  That's the best I can say for now.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #6,048 of 33,689
  In other news I received my batch of UiiSii Hi-905, will let you know how I get on with them soon.

I also got some super cheapos - PTM and another crapo pair. Really bad, which is reassuring in a way. I was worried that bad earphones didn't really exist anymore.

That's fast! If i remb correctly i got it ard the same time as u, but mine is still stucked in china apparently T.T Just gotta wait i guess lol!

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #6,049 of 33,689

Haha, good question! ....Right now, these are my top two favorite dynamic driver IEM's because they are a 90% split mirror-image of my top two hybrids -the M1221 and the K3. 
etysmile.gif

So, some days I prefer the MEMT X5 and other days I get the craving to use the UiiSii HM7.  
ksc75smile.gif
  That's the best I can say for now.

Can you tell the difference in sound signature? :) Bass/mids/highs, how do they differ?

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #6,050 of 33,689
  Can you tell the difference in sound signature? :) Bass/mids/highs, how do they differ?

Differences between the MEMT X5 and UiiSii HM7

NOTE: With original medium default tips on both.

BASS:
X5: Nicely textured bass response with quick speed, incredibly balanced.

HM7: Rich extended and tight bass response with excellent transitioning.

MIDS:
X5: MID's are a bit forward and realistic sounding with a sense of openness and breathtaking vocals.

HM7: MID's are clear and vivid with a sense of transparent and airy sounding vocals.

TREBLE:
X5: Treble is nicely textured with lively details and extended micro-details. 

HM7: Treble sounds vivid, clear, with a sense of sparkle and airy signature.

SOUND SIGNATURE:
The X5 sounds like a mildly V-shaped balanced signature with a slight tilt towards neutral, while the HM7 sounds slightly more V-shaped with a sense of spatial and open space.

Hope this works for you.....
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6,051 of 33,689
I need some cheap but decent bluetooth iem that I can use at the gym, I can't stand my ZS3 because of that stupid KZ cable.
Any suggestions? If it's from gearbest it's better because I have some spare points to use

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #6,054 of 33,689
Really not sure about the Hi-905 OOTB (not impressed currently), first of all I'm struggling to get them comfortable in my ears, the earpieces are quite large and it's difficult getting a seal.

I'm not sure if this is causing part of the issue with the sound being very upper mid/low treble forward. There seems to be very little low end with these. Found myself turning them up to get the rumble and then being overpowered with the upper mids and treble. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #6,056 of 33,689

Differences between the MEMT X5 and UiiSii HM7

NOTE: With original medium default tips on both.

BASS:
X5: Nicely textured bass response with quick speed, incredibly balanced.

HM7: Rich extended and tight bass response with excellent transitioning.

MIDS:
X5: MID's are a bit forward and realistic sounding with a sense of openness and breathtaking vocals.

HM7: MID's are clear and vivid with a sense of transparent and airy sounding vocals.

TREBLE:
X5: Treble is nicely textured with lively details and extended micro-details. 

HM7: Treble sounds vivid, clear, with a sense of sparkle and airy signature.

SOUND SIGNATURE:
The X5 sounds like a mildly V-shaped balanced signature with a slight tilt towards neutral, while the HM7 sounds slightly more V-shaped with a sense of spatial and open space.

Hope this works for you.....
wink.gif

Thank you. :) Have the X5 on the way.  Looking forward to hear them.

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #6,057 of 33,689
For anyone who likes to go off-piste and try earphones hoping to discover a budget bargain, here's two to avoid: -

1. PTM M8
  2. GETIHU IEM

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #6,058 of 33,689

I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and my pair is still in China according to tracking. I just hope i am still alive and in good health when PostNL finally manages to ship them to me.

The dreaded PostNL 
angry_face.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #6,059 of 33,689
@Vidal I have found that I need to wear the cable over ear to get a good fit and seal with the Hi-905, as they twist up they seem to seat themselves in the ear canal.  I did find them a little on the bright side and bass shy originally, but loved the balance and openness of them.  Over the past 3 weeks the treble has tamed and the bass has come forward.  Whether the earphones have changed or whether I have gotten used to them I'm not sure but I really like them now and they are now my favourite earphone.  There is something very special about them that I am sure you will appreciate if you give them some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back