Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #6,031 of 33,689
  Are You sure You have BK50 ? From Your impression seems it is rather the same looking IEM but other brand that B9Scrambler reviewed little time ago.
I detect NO s & t sibilance nor boosted midbass with my unit. I think user @loomisjohnson
also has original BK50 and should have same impressions as I do. But maybe it has to do something with source gear matchup or personal hearing sensitivity? Idk, I`m also pretty sensitive to highs and consider BK50 highs evenly smooth but still very detailed.

Appreciate Your input and info! Thanks!

Absolutely, being a seller I have to be very careful that I describe items correctly. Might be down to gear, but more likely a preference thing.

They're good IEMs just irritate me a bit, maybe I'm a sibilance snowflake.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #6,032 of 33,689

Maybe You are then VERY sensitive to certain frequency but like I said I`m also sensitive to highs, especially @ 6.2-7.5 kHz and I really don`t find any sibilance or harshness in highs. And no midbass boost either (I hate even little boosted midbass).
How are 4in1 and ZST for Your ears regarding highs? I find both latter ones having more harsh highs (4in1) and more sibilance (ZST) than BK50.

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #6,033 of 33,689
  Maybe You are then VERY sensitive to certain frequency but like I said I`m also sensitive to highs, especially @ 6.2-7.5 kHz and I really don`t find any sibilance or harshness in highs. And no midbass boost either (I hate even little boosted midbass).
How are 4in1 and ZST for Your ears regarding highs? I find both latter ones having more harsh highs (4in1) and more sibilance (ZST) than BK50.

I expressed an opinion about the BK50s, I rechecked my previous observations and they still stand.

I just don't like their tuning, which is why I gave my personal pair away. It's the emphasis on that 's-t' frequency and the mid-bass that I don't like about them. 

(P.S. I don't have any issue with treble normally, 4in1, Ty G3 and ZST are all OK with me)

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,034 of 33,689

I mentioned more than a month ago that the MEMT X5 can be had for less than a third of the cost while gaining at least 90% of the SENDIY M1221's sound signature.

Well, another steal would get you very close to the sound signature of the MaGaosi K3. The UiiSii HM7 comes "awefully close" to the K3. I would also rate them as close as 90%, as well! I've been comparing these two for several months now.

I'm buying both of those because of your post, I hope your ears have the same sound signature enthuse meant as mine.

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,035 of 33,689

Thanks for info! Waiting K3PRO to show up somewhere like Penon or amazon. Any idea when?

OK, 'CoiL', as promissed!.....They got the K3 PRO directly from MaGaosi on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/HiLisening-MaGaosi-Detachable-K3-Headphones/dp/B01NAGZKOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487582807&sr=8-1&keywords=magaosi+k3
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #6,038 of 33,689
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #6,040 of 33,689
  Are You sure You have BK50 ? From Your impression seems it is rather the same looking IEM but other brand that B9Scrambler reviewed little time ago.
I detect NO s & t sibilance nor boosted midbass with my unit. I think user @loomisjohnson
also has original BK50 and should have same impressions as I do. But maybe it has to do something with source gear matchup or personal hearing sensitivity? Idk, I`m also pretty sensitive to highs and consider BK50 highs evenly smooth but still very detailed.

Appreciate Your input and info! Thanks!

Absolutely, being a seller I have to be very careful that I describe items correctly. Might be down to gear, but more likely a preference thing.

i basically agree with coil on the bk50--they are unusually smooth yet detailed in the high end, and i don't hear any sibilance. they are somewhat enhanced in the midbass--they're a rich-sounding iem, but it's clean, without bleedover. i'd still tout the bk50 (and it's slightly more hyper relative, the bk35) as the cream of the <$50 crop.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #6,041 of 33,689
Thanks for info! Waiting K3PRO to show up somewhere like Penon or amazon. Any idea when?

I have ATR and BK50 is better, especially in soundstage, even compared to modded ATR. BK50 has more distant out of the head-stage imaging and less "close-in-your face" details. Though, ATR isn`t bad either in soundstage, just my personal preference. Certainly some will find ATR better for their tastes than BK50.
is the soundstage is different or other thing such as sound signature and sound quality.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #6,042 of 33,689

i basically agree with coil on the bk50--they are unusually smooth yet detailed in the high end, and i don't hear any sibilance. they are somewhat enhanced in the midbass--they're a rich-sounding iem, but it's clean, without bleedover. i'd still tout the bk50 (and it's slightly more hyper relative, the bk35) as the cream of the <$50 crop.

In terms of context, I rate them higher than the 1More Triple and levelish with ZST.  I wouldn't put them in my top 5 IEMs nor am I saying they're anything less than a good IEM.

It's a preference, I'd like less warmth and a touch less 'ssss,ttttttttt' normally if they did then they'd probably be top 5 material.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #6,043 of 33,689
  OK, for those that are on a budget.....

I mentioned more than a month ago that the MEMT X5 can be had for less than a third of the cost while gaining at least 90% of the SENDIY M1221's sound signature.

Well, another steal would get you very close to the sound signature of the MaGaosi K3. The UiiSii HM7 comes "awefully close" to the K3. I would also rate them as close as 90%, as well! I've been comparing these two for several months now.

Hope I could help save some pocket change for those on a budget.
etysmile.gif

So... HM7 or MEMT X5. Which do you prefer? :wink:

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #6,044 of 33,689
In other news I received my batch of UiiSii Hi-905, will let you know how I get on with them soon.

I also got some super cheapos - PTM and another crapo pair. Really bad, which is reassuring in a way. I was worried that bad earphones didn't really exist anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back