Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #5,776 of 33,689
**** 4in1, Philips TX1, Vivo XE800

While I do recommend the XE800 for indie rock, I think they lack the bass response that powers electronic music.

I bought 2 pairs of XE800s from different sellers, they both sound the same. At the time I paid $26 for my first pair but they cost a measly $16 now. See my review of the XE800 for the links :

http://www.head-fi.org/products/vivo-xe800/reviews/16422

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #5,778 of 33,689
No, thank you man. You are the one that brought these to our attention. You haven't steered me wrong yet. Mine are ordered.

Hope you like them. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

@1clearhead How the MEMT X5 fit? Do you have a picture?
Txs

Yes, I have a picture, but not mine, since I have a clear head.
ksc75smile.gif

But, here is an idea picture *curtesy of MEMT from tabao website.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #5,779 of 33,689
  Hope you like them. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Yes, I have a picture, but not mine, since I have a clear head.
ksc75smile.gif

But, here is an idea picture *curtesy of MEMT from tabao website.

These look pretty good. I'm not buying at the moment but so want to try. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #5,780 of 33,689
I'd say that the soundstage is superior to the monks. The isolation factor of these definitely helps with instrument separation and overall dynamics on the low end. The only thing I'd be careful with is making sure you acquired legitimate Xe800's from the vendor.

Thanks for your feedback, yeh i think i did locate a genuine pair, i scoured the vivo XE800 thread for the most reputable sellers so hopefully i should be ok,fingers crossed.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #5,781 of 33,689
The BK50 has stronger Bass, not necessarily lower, just a bit louder.
The Crazy Cello has a more forward Midrange and Treble.

So, I suppose the Cello might be considered "more fun", but I guess it's the Cello's brightness that causes me to prefer the BK50.  As I keep playing the Cellos, they may mellow some.

The Magaosi BK50's are a nice pair of IEM's they sound good. David may be correct about Bass sounding a bit louder in the BK50, I think it's the area just above subsonic and reaching into midbass that sounds louder in the BK50's.

But the Tennmak Cello's have a wider and deeper sound stage and reveal more detail than the Magaosi BK50's do.

The difference when compared side by side is rather remarkable. Paul Simons' "Diamonds On The Souls Of Her Shoes" - the Cello's reveal a heck of a lot more detail in instrument timbre and composition of tone. T

he BK50's sound like your favorite pair of late 1970's speakers, you get used to the way they sound over time and you agree with the them and they become your "standard of excellence".

Switching to the Cello's - is like suddenly owning more revealing pair of speakers' - you hear things you never heard listening the other way and it's a bit of an eye opener.

I paid $10.00 less for the BK50's...

Will also say the extra sound stage and detail in the Cello's makes them less forgiving of poorly recorded music. The BK50's "forgive", the Cellos, most certainly do not.

Cello's seem less crowded, more distance between instruments.

I tend to like sound stage and details.....so, I am going to give the nod to the Cello's over the BK50's.

Cheers!!

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #5,782 of 33,689
The Magaosi BK50's are a nice pair of IEM's they sound good. David may be correct about Bass sounding a bit louder in the BK50, I think it's the area just above subsonic and reaching into midbass that sounds louder in the BK50's.

But the Tennmak Cello's have a wider and deeper sound stage and reveal more detail than the Magaosi BK50's do.

The difference when compared side by side is rather remarkable. Paul Simons' "Diamonds On The Souls Of Her Shoes" - the Cello's reveal a heck of a lot more detail in instrument timbre and composition of tone. T

he BK50's sound like your favorite pair of late 1970's speakers, you get used to the way they sound over time and you agree with the them and they become your "standard of excellence".

Switching to the Cello's - is like suddenly owning more revealing pair of speakers' - you hear things you never heard listening the other way and it's a bit of an eye opener.

I paid $10.00 less for the BK50's...

Will also say the extra sound stage and detail in the Cello's makes them less forgiving of poorly recorded music. The BK50's "forgive", the Cellos, most certainly do not.

I tend to like sound stage and details.....so, I am going to give the nod to the Cello's over the BK50's.

Cheers!!

Good to know!
....Now, if someone could only tell me where I can get them in China. I tried taobao, but can't find any taobao seller or Tennmak, for that matter, that would sell them in China.
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #5,783 of 33,689

The BK50 has stronger Bass, not necessarily lower, just a bit louder.
The Crazy Cello has a more forward Midrange and Treble.

So, I suppose the Cello might be considered "more fun", but I guess it's the Cello's brightness that causes me to prefer the BK50.  As I keep playing the Cellos, they may mellow some.

...Bass sounding a bit louder in the BK50, I think it's the area just above subsonic and reaching into midbass that sounds louder in the BK50's.

If You have, please try Philips UE wide-bore silicone tips with BK50 - it may "equal-out" difference with cellos and even be better 
wink.gif
 Depends on fit of course. Philips UE tips (red core/grey skirt) have very thin "skirt" part and may not fit for every ear. I use smallest size with my BK50 and love the more balanced, detailed, "airier" and better separated sounds these tips bring to BK50.

Will copy this post here since aaDee posted it in "wrong" thread:
Could these beat KZ ZST??
http://m.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-BW-VOX1-Hybrid-Drivers-Dual-Double-Drivers-Earphone-Headphone-With-Mic-p-1122367.html
df1c8def-2435-4ce7-94b5-bc8496d405ed.jpg

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #5,784 of 33,689

Good to know!
....Now, if someone could only tell me where I can get them in China. I tried taobao, but can't find any taobao seller or Tennmak, for that matter, that would sell them in China.
confused_face(1).gif

This is the Tennmak official taobao store. But they don't have Cello for sale. Maybe you can contact them directly and ask for one.
https://shop57026313.world.taobao.com

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #5,785 of 33,689
If You have, please try Philips UE wide-bore silicone tips with BK50 - it may "equal-out" difference with cellos and even be better :wink:  Depends on fit of course. Philips UE tips (red core/grey skirt) have very thin "skirt" part and may not fit for every ear. I use smallest size with my BK50 and love the more balanced, detailed, "airier" and better separated sounds these tips bring to BK50.

These are the tips I use on the BK50's:

Are these the same as what your suggesting?

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ce/ce68e936_bk50_tips.jpeg

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #5,786 of 33,689

This is the Tennmak official taobao store. But they don't have Cello for sale. Maybe you can contact them directly and ask for one.
https://shop57026313.world.taobao.com

Did that - done that, but they don't respond to my WeChat text through taobao after I asked about the Cello's several times. It's almost as If they're trying not to sell it in China all together.

.....I don't have any idea, why?
confused.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #5,787 of 33,689

If You have, please try Philips UE wide-bore silicone tips with BK50 - it may "equal-out" difference with cellos and even be better 
wink.gif
 Depends on fit of course. Philips UE tips (red core/grey skirt) have very thin "skirt" part and may not fit for every ear. I use smallest size with my BK50 and love the more balanced, detailed, "airier" and better separated sounds these tips bring to BK50.

These are the tips I use on the BK50's:

Are these the same as what your suggesting?

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ce/ce68e936_bk50_tips.jpeg

Please take a pic from the bore size. I need it to be sure but according to what I can read out from Your pics, those tips might not be Philips UE cuz UE tips have longer red colored part at tube and seem to be longer in shape, not so short and "rounded".
There are many similar looking but smaller bore tips out there on ebay, AE, GB etc. Actually very few sellers have them original - they may post original UE tips pics but they will still send You cheapo chinese ones that have smaller bores and much stiffer/thicker silicone skirt. The tips that come with BK50 are also similar looking and wide bore but nothing like UE tips soundwise.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #5,788 of 33,689
  Regarding AK audio as a seller, they accepted my item for return 5 months ago and still no word on it arriving. Tracking doesn't really update in China after it leaves the US, but even in that case it's very disappointing that AK wouldn't do anything at all for me... especially for a $150+ item 
confused.gif

I am not thrilled with them either.  I ordered the DZAT DF-05 from them, which they said were in stock.  Turns out they were out of stock, so they shipped them later than the rest of my order.  They arrived defective (cable came out of one earpiece when I was removing them from the packaging).  After some back and forth, they told me to open a dispute and ask for a partial refund of $10.  Since they were sent late, the 15 day window to open a dispute had passed.  Now they are offering a discount on a future order, but I won't be ordering from them again.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #5,789 of 33,689
wink.gif

Doing a Google Search for Philips UE wide-bore silicone tips doesn't find any vendors, but there are some photo links back to Head-Fi Forums.
Do you have a link to a shop that sells them?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #5,790 of 33,689
  Do you have a link to a shop that sells them?

I think I bought from this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-S-M-L-Replacement-Earbuds-tips-for-Philips-UE-In-Ear-Earphones-/381519532186?hash=item58d456109a

These sellers might also have originals but not sure and I can`t guarantee You get correct ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6PCS-Earbuds-Tips-Cover-Earplug-Gel-for-Philips-SHE3595-SHS8100-SHE9000-SHB6000-/291935042710?var=&hash=item43f8af3c96:m:mozTaqZ4-1IVRHZ4uXBF3bg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pairs-Earbuds-Eartips-Box-for-Philips-SHE8005-SHE9000-SHE9005A-Ear-Gel-Buds-/291973060070?var=&hash=item43faf355e6:m:mYOw-S8PG8-wBjSkHutNmlw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back