Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #5,806 of 33,689
  Is that better than the BK50 and the Urbanfun HIFI?

I haven't heard the Urbanfun earphones.

The BK50 has more Bass than the B3, and may be considered "more fun", but the B3 just sounds more balanced to me.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #5,807 of 33,689

I haven't heard the Urbanfun earphones.

The BK50 has more Bass than the B3, and may be considered "more fun", but the B3 just sounds more balanced to me.

I don`t have Bosshifi B3 anymore but imo they had more bass than BK50 and bass had littlebit bleed into mids, though they sounded quite natural and pleasant. BK50 has larger soundstage imo and better separated, distant imaging.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #5,808 of 33,689

The BK50, B3 and Urbanfun are all very good hybrid earphones - I wouldn't say one is better than another as it all come down to preference in terms of sound signature. I only have the Urbanfuns to hand at the moment, although I'll be borrowing the BK50s back this weekend to do a write up for my website.

The BK50 is the warmest and has a detailed treble, there was an element of their sound signature that irritated me though. I think they have a bit of a peak around 7k that I'm acutely sensitive to, not 100% on this though as it was a while since I listened to them. The build quality on the BK50 can be a bit iffy, I've seen some with a wood finish that looks very uneven.

The B3 and Urbanfun are closer in terms of sound but the Urban's have more sub-bass than the B3s. Both are exceptional well built although with very different designs. Both are relatively neutral but with a lift in treble.

Personally, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the cheaper hybrids can seem a little narrow in terms of sound signature. I maybe on my own on that point but you may want to consider none hybrids in your choices if that is important. I'm not familiar with your music genre so not sure if that would be a factor.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #5,809 of 33,689
 @CoiL @DBaldock9 
Oh dear looks like all three of us have slightly differing takes on these earphones.
biggrin.gif
 I guess this is one of those YMMV moments.

popcorn.gif

The poor guy's head will be fried

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #5,812 of 33,689

The BK50, B3 and Urbanfun are all very good hybrid earphones - I wouldn't say one is better than another as it all come down to preference in terms of sound signature. I only have the Urbanfuns to hand at the moment, although I'll be borrowing the BK50s back this weekend to do a write up for my website.

The BK50 is the warmest and has a detailed treble, there was an element of their sound signature that irritated me though. I think they have a bit of a peak around 7k that I'm acutely sensitive to, not 100% on this though as it was a while since I listened to them. The build quality on the BK50 can be a bit iffy, I've seen some with a wood finish that looks very uneven.

The B3 and Urbanfun are closer in terms of sound but the Urban's have more sub-bass than the B3s. Both are exceptional well built although with very different designs. Both are relatively neutral but with a lift in treble.

Personally, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the cheaper hybrids can seem a little narrow in terms of sound signature. I maybe on my own on that point but you may want to consider none hybrids in your choices if that is important. I'm not familiar with your music genre so not sure if that would be a factor.

Yeah seems like the really good hybrids start around $100. The MusicMaker TK12/13, 1 More Triple etc.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #5,815 of 33,689
  I think you're the only person I've seen so far who hasn't had high praise for them.

It's probably a tuning thing, I just didn't enjoy them. I think I prefer earphones which have more character.

Can't fault them for build quality, technical ability etc. they are very good earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back