Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 3, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #5,491 of 33,689
  You mean in Aliexpress?

Yes, they're not named as Memt but when you look through the listing the packing is shown and it's exactly the same (but X3)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-Sales-X3-1-2M-In-Ear-3-5MM-DIY-Custom-Made-Dynamic-Drive-Unit-Earphone/1393727_32712516608.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.q0Eioa

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #5,492 of 33,689

​I don't know how expensive shipping is from the U.S. but from Canada to China I'm sure the shipping would exceed the cost of a new one.  If you or someone you know is up to trying to repair your earphone, if you search T-Toper on Amazon.com, they are selling the DZAT DT-05 under this name.  There is an excellent diagram showing all the internal parts of the earphone.  Unfortunately this looks far more complicated than most earphones and the wiring is not shown in the diagram.  If the seller will offer a refund probably best option.

Thank you for the tip!  I have been known to wield a soldering iron on occasion,
wink.gif
but the casings are going to be hard to get into.  Tried a razor blade, but that didn't work........ at this point it may be a loss, so if the seller won't refund I may just rip 'em apart for curiosity's sake. 
evil_smiley.gif
  Thanks again to you and Crabdog for the advice on dealing with Ali problems.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #5,493 of 33,689
I managed to get the seller on taobao to refund my Memt purchase. Waiting for good news on AE!

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #5,494 of 33,689
Thank you for the tip!  I have been known to wield a soldering iron on occasion, :wink: but the casings are going to be hard to get into.  Tried a razor blade, but that didn't work........ at this point it may be a loss, so if the seller won't refund I may just rip 'em apart for curiosity's sake.  :evil:   Thanks again to you and Crabdog for the advice on dealing with Ali problems.
I've ripped mine apart long ago for the DT-05 though still don't have the mood to find the right driver pairing for it. It may be tricky a bit to rip them apart but in my case i'm using a big pliar and apply force on 1 side of the shell where both connects till it budge then you should be able to separate both by hands. The tricky part is you can't overuse your force or else the whole shell will break.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #5,495 of 33,689
K3 vs. SW III review?

wink.gif
I can give you a quick one on that. SWIII by a ways, if you happen to have one of the originals. There is some contention that the newer ones have changed somewhat. There is STILL is nothing currently in that >$200 --- <$250 price niche that comes close. Granted, I haven't heard everything, no one else has either I believe. The only problem is that the SWIII is NOT a relaxed listen as I have said from the Outset. Too much Audio information and it would be described as a fairly Bright signature over all. If you want to sit down and listen for 4-5 hours or so, It would be the Magaosi K3 over the SWIII.

It simply depends on if you want Clinical Precision with the Widest sound stage imaginable, or a Little Darker with Vocal Mids (particularly female) that are simply Stellar. Before you ask, Yes. The vocals on all the Magaosi simply slaughter most IEMs out there. It seems to be their "House signature" It is the Same for the K1 and little brother M3. I have all of the IEMs mentioned.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #5,496 of 33,689

Yes, they're not named as Memt but when you look through the listing the packing is shown and it's exactly the same (but X3)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-Sales-X3-1-2M-In-Ear-3-5MM-DIY-Custom-Made-Dynamic-Drive-Unit-Earphone/1393727_32712516608.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.q0Eioa

The guy came back to me and wanted $25 for the X5, I politely declined. He obviously thought there was an opportunity to crank the price up.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #5,497 of 33,689
wink.gif
I can give you a quick one on that. SWIII by a ways, if you happen to have one of the originals. There is some contention that the newer ones have changed somewhat. There is STILL is nothing currently in that >$200 --- <$250 price niche that comes close. Granted, I haven't heard everything, no one else has either I believe. The only problem is that the SWIII is NOT a relaxed listen as I have said from the Outset. Too much Audio information and it would be described as a fairly Bright signature over all. If you want to sit down and listen for 4-5 hours or so, It would be the Magaosi K3 over the SWIII.

It simply depends on if you want Clinical Precision with the Widest sound stage imaginable, or a Little Darker with Vocal Mids (particularly female) that are simply Stellar. Before you ask, Yes. The vocals on all the Magaosi simply slaughter most IEMs out there. It seems to be their "House signature" It is the Same for the K1 and little brother M3. I have all of the IEMs mentioned.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Please can you explain bit in details what they made changes in newer version/batch of SW3 and which version is better , new or the old one,?
and how you describe the vocals on SW3, ???

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,498 of 33,689
Hello Chinese IEM thread, I'd been here previously for a brief amount of time, but I abandoned this thread for a period because I lost interest (and budget....)

I'm back because I'm looking for the best close to neutral/natural sounding IEM at around $100. My max budget is $125. I have heard about the Lz-A4 and plan on saving up for that if no one can suggest anything else cheaper. The Lz-A3 is $95 on Gearbest and that's an amazing deal. Should I take that instead of the A4?

Are there any other IEMs that would be good?

Neutral =/= Natural. A4 is reasonably natural sounding but far from neutral.

What's the difference between natural and neutral again?

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #5,499 of 33,689
What's the difference between natural and neutral again?

Neutral is an iem that produces a frequency response that is perceived as flat by the human ear. For example, the Etymotic er4 is an iem that is tuned with this exact purpose. On the other hand, the term natural is used to characterize how close the iem can get to the same sound when it's produced naturally. The frequency response still plays a part in this, since a flat result will produce sound closed to the original, but here you also have to take the time domain into account, like the attack and the decay produced by the transducer at each frequency. For example, balanced armature based phones can sound unnatural even when tuned flat because they can't properly reproduce decay at certain frequencies.

Bass is a special case of this as besides the fr, attack and decay, the listener also feels it through vibrations. The mids you don't have that issue but since mids unlike bass are actually directional you get diffusion due to the space of the listening room that you don't get with an iem. That's why despite the fact neutral oriented iems want to sound flat, they are not actually flat since they attempt to compensate for those phenomena with their frequency response (plus there is the whole anatomy of the human ear to account for as well). The latest reference target for iems is the one designed by Harman International, that bumps the bass by 4 db and the high mids by ~12db.

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #5,500 of 33,689

Thanks for the aliexpress website.
wink.gif
 ....I heard that the MEMT X3 sounds really good, but I haven't had the chance to check them out, yet.

The guy came back to me and wanted $25 for the X5, I politely declined. He obviously thought there was an opportunity to crank the price up.

Yea, that sounds a little fishy, since I know that 'TWIN' got them for under $20 US dollars.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #5,502 of 33,689
I thought I'd share my experience with everyone regarding Paragon Audo Store (not a typo)

I bought some 'Silver Plated' MMCX cables from them to use in making my own earbuds. The plan was to remove the MMCX plug and solder to the driver, however the cable is just normal copper not silver plated, blue cable below vs genuine silver plated black.

At first I thought this was just an error in the listing and the seller would sort out, he's now claiming that this is a 'language issue' and silver plated in China means 'no silver at all' :rolleyes: . 

I thought I'd share this as a warning about the honesty of Paragon and a general warning regarding buying 'silver plated' cables from China. I have a list of trusted sellers which I'm happy to share (is not very long :frowning2: ) if anyone is looking. That's what you get for going off piste.

Mind sharing that list please??

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #5,503 of 33,689
Been away a while, skimmed through the ~150 pages written since. Which of course means I probably missed stuff.

Anyway, looking to replace my broken Ety's. 

They must have ety level isolation, preferably a pretty flat sound sig with lots of microdetails. I suppose that probably means pure BA. Pretty sensitive to sibilance, so that's a big no-no. Mic would be practical.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back