Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 19, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #4,308 of 33,689

So i got this today. No time to do proper listening as i will be out for work but OOTB they are bassy sounding and darker overall as female vocals sound weighty but overall clarity is there, didn't find it muddy, highs to me sounds rolled off bit too much than i would prefer,lacks the crispness as compared to my xiaomi hybrid pro hd which i've been listening to few days back. Maybe i've been brain-burned for many days so gotta need some burn-in both for the DZAT and my brain as well.

1 thing that impressed me is the premium packaging, the excellent build and design. They look premium for the price paid and they have a very very comfortable fit in the ear and isolates really well. These are just my OOTB impressions so take it with a grain of salt.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #4,309 of 33,689
Just curious, why the low score in value? The build quality is better than the PM4 and also it being a triple hybrid makes it a great value.

The scores you see is the average from all reviews. I agree with you and gave it full score on value.

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #4,312 of 33,689

So i got this today. No time to do proper listening as i will be out for work but OOTB they are bassy sounding and darker overall as female vocals sound weighty but overall clarity is there, didn't find it muddy, highs to me sounds rolled off bit too much than i would prefer,lacks the crispness as compared to my xiaomi hybrid pro hd which i've been listening to few days back. Maybe i've been brain-burned for many days so gotta need some burn-in both for the DZAT and my brain as well.

1 thing that impressed me is the premium packaging, the excellent build and design. They look premium for the price paid and they have a very very comfortable fit in the ear and isolates really well. These are just my OOTB impressions so take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks looking forward to hear how they turn out

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #4,313 of 33,689
Here's my take on the Senzer/Cello situation.

Tennmak find obscure earphones with really good sound and decide to rebrand them as their own. A few cosmetic changes and bish, bash, bosh the Cello is born. A premium price is stuck on the Cello to emphasise the wide frequency range of the driver.

Senzer have been selling the H1 at a far lower price and the supplier finds out that the earphones are now attracting interest. The supplier brings the price up inline with the premium price being charged by Tennmak.

Questions I'd like to see answered.

Are the Cello and Senzer H1 the same earphone with minor cosmetic differences?
Is the Senzer a genuine premium product which the price was artificially low or just a lucky hit followed by a bump up in price? 
Is the Cello just a rebrand or a real Tennmak developed product?

The Senzer is a good earphone no doubt, if I'd bought the Cello and the Senzer H1 turns out to be the same earphone I'd be very annoyed. In the meantime I won't be buying either the Senzer H1 at the higher price or the Cello until some of the above are answered. Could be that the Cello and H1 only share the housing but given how some sellers operate I'd be very wary.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #4,315 of 33,689

Have received my Moni One, this morning (bought for 50 US$ during 11-11 sale).

OOTB with stock tips using Wynk app on Oneplus one (at 50 percent volume, no EQ) for an hour, these sound very clean and coherent. Bass (both sub and midbass) is very controlled and not overwhelming. Mids appear natural (may be lacks a slight bit of body/thickness). Treble is very well extended without being too peaky on any particular frequency. Sound signature is close to balanced. Imaging and instrument separation are phenominal. Soundstage width and height are decent. Overall, i feel, these are clean sounding earphones with great potential.

Music tried are Carnatic music mixture (various artists), Ilaiyaraja hits from 80s, Mogwai, Maybeshewill (all are 320 kbps streamed).

*These are just initial impressions which could change subject to more usage and change of gears/music/tips. So, take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers!

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #4,316 of 33,689

Tennmak find obscure earphones with really good sound and decide to rebrand them as their own. A few cosmetic changes and bish, bash, bosh the Cello is born. A premium price is stuck on the Cello to emphasise the wide frequency range of the driver.

Senzer have been selling the H1 at a far lower price and the supplier finds out that the earphones are now attracting interest. The supplier brings the price up inline with the premium price being charged by Tennmak.

Is the Senzer a genuine premium product which the price was artificially low or just a lucky hit followed by a bump up in price? 

The Senzer is a good earphone no doubt, if I'd bought the Cello and the Senzer H1 turns out to be the same earphone I'd be very annoyed. In the meantime I won't be buying either the Senzer H1 at the higher price or the Cello until some of the above are answered. Could be that the Cello and H1 only share the housing but given how some sellers operate I'd be very wary.

I asked the Senzer seller yesterday about differences in driver material size and cable material vs cello and he claims they are identical to the cello bar the mic and he is just offering a promotional price.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #4,317 of 33,689
Yes that's the lowest price. They won't be $12 anymore, the seller assured me.
Also said today it will be in promotion, didn't say how long but if you want them you should buy them now.

Seller agreed to deliver them for $16 to me. Seems reasonable seller with good english

Seller is cool as ice

BTW, how does this compare with the Tennmak Pro.

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #4,318 of 33,689
@peter123 - You are spot on, bud!

Just tried Dual flange silicone tips (not the stock ones that came with Moni One) with deep and wide bore (I was using these on **** 4 in 1 for better sealing/fit) on Moni One.

BTW, mine came with bass port mod by default (there is a plastic ring fixed on vents)

Fit/Sealing with dual flange is far superior to the stock single flange for my ears. The sound is more fuller than before and there is a body to the overall sound presentation (bass is a bit more authoritative now than before) without losing out on clarity, details or soundstage width.

Absolute loving this!

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #4,319 of 33,689
@peter123
- You are spot on, bud!

Just tried Dual flange silicone tips (not the stock ones that came with Moni One) with deep and wide bore (I was using these on **** 4 in 1 for better sealing/fit) on Moni One.

BTW, mine came with bass port mod by default (there is a plastic ring fixed on vents)

Fit/Sealing with dual flange is far superior to the stock single flange for my ears. The sound is more fuller than before and there is a body to the overall sound presentation (bass is a bit more authoritative now than before) without losing out on clarity, details or soundstage width.

Absolute loving this!

Cheers:beerchug:

That's great my friend! They're a seriously nice pair of IEM's, no question about that :)

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #4,320 of 33,689

your speculation sounds very reasonable, tho we still need to confirm that the senzer/cello are essentially the same. what's more baffling to me is the whole economics of this chifi thing--i.e. what is the actual manufacturing cost? if senzer was selling the thing for $12, even as an intro, ya gotta believe that their raw cost is somewhere around there, which would make the $50 selling price for the cello seem quite dear, tho i'd imagine the markup on pricier iems is even greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back