Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 18, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,291 of 33,689
I've had no problems with HCK at all. The A4 is on its way from him Monday via DHL within 3 days. Fast shipping can happen, it just costs a lot.

They could use a better return process however, but this could be said of almost every Chinese vendor I've used. Shipping costs and time add up for both sides. When you stop to think of it, a return item has to make a ~4,000 mile trip total. Unless the item cost $100+, it's better to just accept a partial refund than deal with returns (my opinion). This was nearly always the risk of anything not localized or via Amazon. It isn't for everyone.

For me, I'm happy we get to experience these items we otherwise would never have had a chance to in the hobby, despite some risks.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #4,292 of 33,689
I agree as well, I'm now realizing why some of my HCK orders took so long to arrive, I didn't know he would input fake tracking numbers and to top it off he didn't refund me on the broken dt2+. He insisted I made a youtube video to see if they didn't work but, how could I prove that a BA was dead?

Same here. He said I could pay myself to ship it back and then he would see if **** would pay for the refund. That sounded to me like a good way to be out another $12-18 with nothing to show for it. So I ate it. Sent my pair of DT2+ to another headfi'er to have them see if they heard what I heard just to verify I wasn't crazy.

Needless to say, it was my last purchase from JimHCK

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #4,294 of 33,689
Been listening to the crazy Senzer for the past week. Didn't post anything earlier as I have mixed feelings about it, but gotta do it now as many people are jumping on the bandwagon even with the price increase.

On one hand they are quite amazing for a single DD. Spacious sounding with alot of air between instruments. Bass quality is very impressive - tight, quick and deep. Also great detail retrieval but that is where the problem occurs. The sound signature seem to emphasize on the upper mids and treble, making them sound quite peaky and harsh on some songs. In this regard I would say they are as bright if not brighter than the **** 4in1. Not sure if burn in can help smooth them out a bit, will keep trying for now.

The fit is exceptional and very comfortable due to the light weight shell. Stock tips have great seal.

For 30 dollars I'm not so sure, but for the $12 I paid I don't think I can complain much.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #4,295 of 33,689
  Been listening to the crazy Senzer for the past week. Didn't post anything earlier as I have mixed feelings about it, but gotta do it now as many people are jumping on the bandwagon even with the price increase.

On one hand they are quite amazing for a single DD. Spacious sounding with alot of air between instruments. Bass quality is very impressive - tight, quick and deep. Also great detail retrieval but that is where the problem occurs. The sound signature seem to emphasize on the upper mids and treble, making them sound quite peaky and harsh on some songs. In this regard I would say they are as bright if not brighter than the **** 4in1. Not sure if burn in can help smooth them out a bit, will keep trying for now.

The fit is exceptional and very comfortable due to the light weight shell. Stock tips have great seal.

For 30 dollars I'm not so sure, but for the $12 I paid I don't think I can complain much.

Thanks for the info. It seems that you own the 4in1 as well. If you have to compare them both, which one would you chose (if both were evenly priced that is).

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #4,296 of 33,689
Crazy **** looks like crazy cello. In fact they are identical. But Folly says "The sound signature seem to emphasize on the upper mids and treble, making them sound quite peaky and harsh on some songs. In this regard I would say they are as bright if not brighter than the **** 4in1."

This is not the case with the crazy cello. The bass was amazing, quick and deep. But the mid and treble wasn't harsh at all. In fact it was neutral if not soft. I had 4in1 and it temp to hurt my ear for long listening due to harsh mid.

I have dt2 plus which sit between crazy cello and 4in1 in temp of treble harsh.
I was very satisfied with crazy cello. If only I bought this crazy **** when it was $12. I would like to try if the driver was same.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #4,297 of 33,689
This is not the case with the crazy cello. The bass was amazing, quick and deep. But the mid and treble wasn't harsh at all. In fact it was neutral if not soft. I had 4in1 and it temp to hurt my ear for long listening due to harsh mid.

I was very satisfied with crazy cello. If only I bought this crazy **** when it was $12. I would like to try if the driver was same.

I've got the Senzer H1 and they are not overly bright, good detail but not over emphasised at all. Bass is as you describe with the Cello, fast and very deep.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #4,298 of 33,689
Crazy **** looks like crazy cello. In fact they are identical. But Folly says "The sound signature seem to emphasize on the upper mids and treble, making them sound quite peaky and harsh on some songs. In this regard I would say they are as bright if not brighter than the **** 4in1."

I've got the Senzers on the way. Caught them at £12 on Friday. I'll compare with the Cellos when I get them.

Tony @ Tennmak claims that only the shell is the same...

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #4,300 of 33,689
  New sub $50 hybrid hello 
wink.gif
  Looks a lot like those ZY shells.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-CTZ-TZ-2-1DD-1BA-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-DIY-HIFI-Bass-Earphone-With/1825606_32781702179.html

Did you by any chance order them? :wink:

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #4,302 of 33,689
My thoughts on the Moni One:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/moni-one-hybrid-iem/reviews/17606

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #4,303 of 33,689
Just looks the same size as a cassette in one of the pics

What is the sleeve mod? Might have missed it in the review. Is it the bass port tape mod?

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #4,304 of 33,689
What is the sleeve mod? Might have missed it in the review. Is it the bass port tape mod?

I'd guess it's the same. There's a couple of pictures of it in the review :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back