Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #3,421 of 33,689

I think it's going to be a good fight myself, looking forward to the LZ A4 as well and where the heck are my Magosi
mad.gif
LOL (Nothing like the slow boat to heighten ones anticipation)
rolleyes.gif

Yours came with spinfits? Mine didn't :/

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,423 of 33,689
Biflange FTW!!!

They just get better and better with burn in too. This is my first period in over a year where I don't have the urge to buy any more IEMs other than another pair of Cellos for one of my daughter's Christmas presents.

She listened to them the other day and was wowed!

Yep!!! Double/BiFlange is where it's at with the Crazy Cellos.

Really stumped why Tennmak didn't provide them in their included accessories.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #3,424 of 33,689

Yours should have, trinity includes them with all their headphones now. They aren't in the actual PM4 box however. Was there a folded up piece of tissue paper in the larger box? Go find it, the spinfits are in there.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,425 of 33,689

You didn't happen to have any paper padding in your box did you? Mine were inside folded paper padding, of course is you have bought every Trinity released you may get treats every now and then
wink_face.gif

Just like mashuto said, you have to squeeze the paper but you can feel them in there
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,426 of 33,689
:grinning: Cinder, Lots of peoples waiting on the Trinities. What's your OOTB impressions?

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,428 of 33,689
:grinning: Cinder, Lots of peoples waiting on the Trinities. What's your OOTB impressions?

I'm not a big fan of the filters. The gunmetal one sounds pretty decent, with my next favorite being the dampened silver. I find that there are some small fit and finish issues with the build, but I'll save those for my full review.

I was really hoping for a more expressive midrange. To my ears, the PM4 sounds neutral, with a tad bit of coldness. Given the way the Trinity filters work, it makes sense that the filters maintain the level of warmth, modifying only the treble/bass expression. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3,429 of 33,689
  True and I know that very well. Another thing that can cause issues is too much air-pressure from bass "hits & rumble".

+1

Use JVC Spiral Dot tips and use high impedance (around 1.2 Ohm) cable.

I left them at work but after switching tips the sibilance dissapeared will try the stock tips and check if that is the case.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,431 of 33,689

I'm not a big fan of the filters. The gunmetal one sounds pretty decent, with my next favorite being the dampened silver. I find that there are some small fit and finish issues with the build, but I'll save those for my full review.

I was really hoping for a more expressive midrange. To my ears, the PM4 sounds neutral, with a tad bit of coldness. Given the way the Trinity filters work, it makes sense that the filters maintain the level of warmth, modifying only the treble/bass expression. 

I would agree 100% with Cinders comments. Bizarrely I was thinking the exact same words earlier today o_0 = cold and neutral.- technicaly the PM4's are Very good..which may be great /helpful for those who work with audio. Im not sure though how favourable the sound signature might be with those seeking a more fun everyday sound. In this respect I wonder if Bob has made them a bit 'too good!'

Ive been struggling to find a sound signature i like with the PM4 + iBasso DX80, which was a bit worrying
But, I had to send mydx80 away so now Im using an old Cowon x9 + a Twin Burr Brown Headphone amp and they sound much better. The amp is VERY powerful so I think this is helping a lot. I only realised yesterday that the PM4's are 160 ohm earphone!
Anyway, they are also accurate and replicate faithfully the audio although i think a bit too analytically for some

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,432 of 33,689
I would agree 100% with Cinders comments. Bizarrely I was thinking the exact same words earlier today o_0 = cold and neutral.- technicaly the PM4's are Very good..which may be great /helpful for those who work with audio. Im not sure though how favourable the sound signature might be with those seeking a more fun everyday sound. In this respect I wonder if Bob has made them a bit 'too good!'

Ive been struggling to find a sound signature i like with the PM4 + iBasso DX80, which was a bit worrying
But, I had to send mydx80 away so now Im using an old Cowon x9 + a Twin Burr Brown Headphone amp and they sound much better. The amp is VERY powerful so I think this is helping a lot. I only realised yesterday that the PM4's are 160 ohm earphone!
Anyway, they are also accurate and replicate faithfully the audio although i think a bit too analytically for some

Yeah they are supposed to scale with power due to number of drivers. My PM6 needs to hurry up

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,433 of 33,689

Yep!!! Double/BiFlange is where it's at with the Crazy Cellos.

Really stumped why Tennmak didn't provide them in their included accessories.

How would you describe the signature of the Cellos? Do you have other iems to compare it to? Thanks.

Sorry, forgive me for jumping in, I was posting above and saw the above - and as i have just been listening to PM4 and now happened to have the Cello's in... :wink:

Had my cellos for a week now - getting near the 100 hour burn in and I have to say I am super impressed with them. Really can't fault them
They have a superb 3D soundstage, not too far out of the head but depth is great with an especially good clean and clear seperation of instruments.
The bass is warmwith a good sub bass that is perfectly restrained and complimentory - its there and adds a really nice enjoyable element but it never interferes.
The treble I find is beautifully sparkly clean, clear yet smooth
They can be quite warm and big & fun but with that seperation and clarity it all combines to make a really impressive iem
Im happy using KZ foam tips with them at the moment
These are a great earphone - Cant reccomend them highly enough. Sometimes it lacks the refinement of TOTL but not in a way that I would want to take them
out for that reason.
I'll do a descent review later

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3,434 of 33,689

Yeah they are supposed to scale with power due to number of drivers. My PM6 needs to hurry up

Im surprised to be honest - the DX80 is no weakling. Anyway its hard to fault the PM series. Technically, its quite an IEM!

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #3,435 of 33,689
  Sorry, forgive me for jumping in, I was posting above and saw the above - and as i have just been listening to PM4 and now happened to have the Cello's in... :wink:

Had my cellos for a week now - getting near the 100 hour burn in and I have to say I am super impressed with them. Really can't fault them
They have a superb 3D soundstage, not too far out of the head but depth is great with an especially good clean and clear seperation of instruments.
The bass is warmwith a good sub bass that is perfectly restrained and complimentory - its there and adds a really nice enjoyable element but it never interferes.
The treble I find is beautifully sparkly clean, clear yet smooth
They can be quite warm and big & fun but with that seperation and clarity it all combines to make a really impressive iem
Im happy using KZ foam tips with them at the moment
These are a great earphone - Cant reccomend them highly enough. Sometimes it lacks the refinement of TOTL but not in a way that I would want to take them
out for that reason.
I'll do a descent review later

Thanks for your insight. You wouldnt happen to have listened to the BK50 and Xiaomi hybrids too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back