Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 24, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #454 of 33,689
I bought the YHS 002 at the same time as the **** 4in1. I think @hakuzen said they were comparable. Plus it supposedly included a good mic/remote MMCX cable. I'm glad I got it. It really is equal to the 4in1 in sound quality, it gets a better, non-recessed midrange vs. 4in1, but looses a little bit of soundstage, comparatively. Both have exceptional treble and bass extension, quality, and separation. For those who think the 4in1 is a bit bright, then the YHS 002 might be a better choice. It is also a more natural fit for me, similar in fit and shape to the Tennmak Piano. I could easily see people split in opinions whether YHS 002 or **** 4in1 is better. The 4in1 also has both slightly more bass, and more accurate bass than the HLSX 808, but even more V-shaped.

I'm trying to decide between the **** UES and the **** 4in1 for my first budget IEM (I have ue900s). I'm stumped. Some people say the 4in1 is superior and others say the UES is better. Both are roughly the same price, which makes the choice harder. Any advice?

I have both. I think they are the same sound quality, but where I feel the UES has slightly less bass than I would prefer, with 4in1 just right, the UES has midrange just right, but 4in1 has slightly less midrange level than I'd prefer.

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #455 of 33,689
:cool: Stand alone, the 4 in 1 is a nice little IEM. It's when you make the mistake of A/Bing against something like the TK12/13 by Musicmaker, (like I did), that you hear its limitations put into perspective. But bear in mind, you are talking Iems that are 3 1/2 times the price of the 4 in 1.

JMHO

:cool: :blink: TWIN

I made the mistake of A/Bing the 4in1 against some almost $1000 ciems today. Revealed some shortcomings. 4in1 still came out well...but can't compete in most areas..

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #458 of 33,689
Foam tips didn't work at all for me on these. Used large size silicon tips that I buy on Amazon and finally got a seal after pulling then off the housing. Night and day difference in overall sound quality. Very pleasing addictive sound. No bass slam but didn't need it Bass was enough and quality. Will find the name of the tips on Amazon. I use them for everything cuz they are a bit bigger than most and I have large eat canal openings.

I can't believe I didn't notice the difference in bass response when I tried the AE foam tips that don't slide all the way to the housing.  I just tried them again and my issue with the bass being too light is fully corrected.  I liked the XE800 even with the lighter bass, but with the right tips I'm now very happy.  I don't have any of the current FOTM IEMs like the **** 4in1, but I'd be surprised if they surpass the XE800 with the right tips.  

Eventually, I'm going to have to try the tips you linked in your other post.  I'm so partial to foams.  I'm really happy with the AE foams that are knock off complys, generally. 

Much thanks for suggesting that I should be able to get more bass with these. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #459 of 33,689
I made the mistake of A/Bing the 4in1 against some almost $1000 ciems today. Revealed some shortcomings. 4in1 still came out well...but can't compete in most areas..

I honestly don't understand why that is so surprising. No matter what many people claim, there is only so much an under $50 IEM can achieve. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #461 of 33,689
Recently got the Tennmak Pro with the SPC upgrade cable using the Xiaomi Piston 3 Medium tips.

With the Xiaomi tips(it has a wider bore than the stock tips), the bass got reduced in quantity but same quality. Mids and Treble became more present.
Details slightly better. 

I don't know it this is a placebo effect or it really is an upgrade but with the upgraded cable, details and instrument separation was made even better.
Mids became clearer, more sparkle in the treble. Bass became tighter and controlled. 

With this set up, the warm tennmak pro became neutral with a slight warm tilt with good sub bass.
Got these September 24, 9am(GMT +8). Not fully burned it yet.

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #463 of 33,689
If only the XE800 didn't have the most microphonic cable I've ever encountered, and they isolated better, I would be in heaven.  I've never owned any of the VSonic GR07 series, but I understand why there was such hype around them now. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #465 of 33,689
So, i have an update on the 4in1s.  I decided to give them to my friend the 4in1s.  I bought this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-Snakeskin-Line-With-MMCX-for-Shure-SE215-SE846-SE535-UE900-Headset-Audio/32707286906.html because it has a mic.  The cable was ok until he started using them.  The L side came out of the sleeve and no longer works. 

I then go to switch MMCX on the **** and as i disconnect the cable the connector from the ear phone pops out...build quality suspect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back