Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 6, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #14,746 of 33,689
@peter123 @Dsnuts

May I ask you where do you advise to buy Rhythmos SD 7 plus ? Aliexpress ? if yes maybe you could advise a seller?

thanks a lot

cheers !

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #14,747 of 33,689
@peter123 @Dsnuts

May I ask you where do you advise to buy Rhythmos SD 7 plus ? Aliexpress ? if yes maybe you could advise a seller?

thanks a lot

cheers !

I bought my pair from AK Audio and was very happy with the experience.

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #14,748 of 33,689
I bought my pair from AK Audio and was very happy with the experience.

AK Audio has it (199$) but the name says Super SD7 plus, though on pictures on the shells Rhythmos is written, so as i lack experience in buying from Ali I am a bit lost here.

Also few stores offer it without a cable for 172$ which is a better deal for me as i am not going to use stock cable anyway, but also naming they use is a strange one like Newest SD7 Plus or 2017 New HIFI Super SD7 Plus, but again all images show Rhythmos on the shells, so I don't really get it : (

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #14,749 of 33,689
AK Audio has it (199$) but the name says **** Super SD7 plus, though on pictures on the shells Rhythmos is written, so as i lack experience in buying from Ali I am a bit lost here.

Also few stores offer it without a cable for 172$ which is a better deal for me as i am not going to use stock cable anyway, but also naming they use is a strange one like Newest SD7 Plus or 2017 New HIFI Super SD7 Plus, but again all images show Rhythmos on the shells, so I don't really get it : (
ssshhh that seller is banned on Headfi ... better take it offline :wink:

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #14,750 of 33,689
AK Audio has it (199$) but the name says **** Super SD7 plus, though on pictures on the shells Rhythmos is written, so as i lack experience in buying from Ali I am a bit lost here.

I bought the hybrid version and paid $130 for them (11/11 or 12/12 sale, can't remember ). Super and Rhythmos seem to be different branding for the same product. Fwiw my IEM's has Rhythmos written on them.

Edit: In my experience with Aliexpress it's best to find a seller with solid feedback and then ask for their best price quite often you'll get a discount as long as the product is not already discounted.....

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #14,751 of 33,689
ssshhh that seller is banned on Headfi ... better take it offline :wink:

now I am totally lost : ) which one should I remove ? this gets way complicated : )))))))

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #14,752 of 33,689
I bought the hybrid version and paid $130 for them (11/11 or 12/12 sale, can't remember ). Super and Rhythmos seem to be different branding for the same product. Fwiw my IEM's has Rhythmos written on them.

Edit: In my experience with Aliexpress it's best to find a seller with solid feedback and then ask for their best price quite often you'll get a discount as long as the product is not already discounted.....

Thank you !

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #14,753 of 33,689
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #14,754 of 33,689
Mar 6, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #14,755 of 33,689
I bought my SD7 plus from these guys. They offer the phones without accessories. Just the box and earphones themselves. The reason why the cable is useless is. It has a ear guide on there that goes directly into an L from the connector. Either you have to have child ears or you have to physically take off the plastic ear guide in order to use it. And the cheapest mmcx connector possible. One side of the one I got with my hybrid model was way too loose. The 3 pairs of silicone tips are Sony hybrid knock offs which are not optimized for the big sound on these phones so again kinda pointless. You can buy better cables and tips for $15 or less on Aliexpress. If you already own mmcx cables and a bunch of tips forget the accessories and just get the ones with just the phones. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32840101655.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.kYKW2r

I bought mine from these guys for $162 when it was on sale. They have sales often so it is worth checking this vendor often. I believe the cheapest SD7 plus I have seen was $160.

One last thing. I highly advise wide bore tips for these. Will be getting some whirlwind tips from Aliexpress soon to try out.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #14,757 of 33,689
I bought my SD7 plus from these guys. They offer the phones without accessories. Just the box and earphones themselves. The reason why the cable is useless is. It has a ear guide on there that goes directly into an L from the connector. Either you have to have child ears or you have to physically take off the plastic ear guide in order to use it. And the cheapest mmcx connector possible. One side of the one I got with my hybrid model was way too loose. The 3 pairs of silicone tips are Sony hybrid knock offs which are not optimized for the big sound on these phones so again kinda pointless. You can buy better cables and tips for $15 or less on Aliexpress. If you already own mmcx cables and a bunch of tips forget the accessories and just get the ones with just the phones. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32840101655.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.kYKW2r

I bought mine from these guys for $162 when it was on sale. They have sales often so it is worth checking this vendor often. I believe the cheapest SD7 plus I have seen was $160.

One last thing. I highly advise wide bore tips for these. Will be getting some whirlwind tips from Aliexpress soon to try out.

Thank you so much !

yeah, since I have cables and tips as well, it makes much more sense to get only phones

will do so

cheers !

p.s. I have some wide bore tips as well, so I hope they will match, if not will get some others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back