Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #14,716 of 33,689
I have received my Rose Mini2 today and I got what I expected from the positive reviews here on head-fi. I am quite impressed what I hear out of my Onkyo DP-S1 and with the stock foam tips and cable. Very good IEM's for the asked price.
So I wonder what are the Mini6 or the newly released Mini4 able to deliver if they are expectable updates to the little bro?
Has anyone already those?
Do some of the reviewer plan to get those and write reviews in the near future?

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #14,718 of 33,689
Pioneer just released a graphene microdriver Hi-Res earphone...
http://pioneer-headphones.com/premiumsound/ch3.html

PREMIUM SOUND

CH3

• product_icon01.jpg

SE-CH3T-R.jpg

19ea06be0317096d4ccdd0a76b025cb7e6202701.jpg

Sound

• Graphene-Coated diaphragm for Hi-Res Audio.
  • Rare-earth magnets for dynamic sound.
  • 8 Hz–40 kHz frequency response covers Hi-Res Audio spectrum.
Design
  • Luxurious alumite-processed high-texture gloss earphone finish.
  • Available in five attractive color variations.
Fit
  • Supports conventional and over-the-ear cable positioning.
  • Extremely lightweight earphone for comfort.
  • Three earphone tip sizes (S/M/L)
Other Feature
  • Accept and end calls from most smartphones using the inline cable remote.
See the product details
Spec
Model SE-CH3T
Type Fully enclosed dynamic headphones
Frequency Response 8 Hz to 40 000Hz
Impedance 16 Ω
Max. Input Power 100 mW
Sensitivity 102 dB
Driver Units φ5.5 mm
Cable Length 1.2 m
Plug φ3.5 mm 4P stereo mini-plug (gold plated)
Weight (without cord) 3.1 g
Accessories Supplied with Silicon Earphone Tips (S/M/L)
color BLACK(B) RED(R)GOLD(G)SILVER (S)PINK (P)

Obviously a budget model below the the other CH's being only $35. Still looks cool and quite compact.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #14,719 of 33,689
I have the rose mini6 and love the sound just not the tips sliding off and remaining in my ears
Would you consider the Mini6 to be quite balanced, coherent, natural, close to reference sounding IEM's like the Mini2 are described?
Can you please share your sonic impressions on these? Thanks

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #14,720 of 33,689
Anyone know who the people behind the Moni One are, and did they follow it up? All I get when I punch that into Google is that one review from @peter123 a while back. Might be getting a used pair of those through another Head-Fi member but I can't see any other products of theirs around; was it just a one-off or have they done anything else since?

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #14,721 of 33,689
The rose mini 6 have a very natural sound. I use triple tips on them and they remind me of my Unique Melody Miracles but with a fuller sound

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #14,722 of 33,689
Hey all

a question here

I love the clarity and details on my Noble Audio Sage, I just need a little bit more presence in lower frequencies without spoiling the whole "picture" : ))) so any advise what to get from Chinese/Asian offerings? something under 300 - 350 $ ?

cheers

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #14,724 of 33,689
Hey all

a question here

I love the clarity and details on my Noble Audio Sage, I just need a little bit more presence in lower frequencies without spoiling the whole "picture" : ))) so any advise what to get from Chinese/Asian offerings? something under 300 - 350 $ ?

cheers
JVC FW01 would be a great choice! Awesome bass and great overall performance.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #14,725 of 33,689
Hey all

a question here

cheers
You could try the lz A5 or wait for the it04 from ibasso.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #14,726 of 33,689
I have been trying different cables on my Zodic Audio ET2201 IEMs (DM5). I prefer the silver plated cable of the two supplied with the IEMs, and then I tried a different silver plated cable which softened the treble and tightened the bass, although at the same time reducing the volume. I then tried the cable supplied with my Whizzer A15 pros, this is a 6N OCC cable of high quality and it sounds great. There is more sparkle in the treble without harshness and the overall sound is more natural and balanced. The volume is back to where it was before. Layering is excellent.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #14,727 of 33,689
I have been trying different cables on my Zodic Audio ET2201 IEMs (DM5). I prefer the silver plated cable of the two supplied with the IEMs, and then I tried a different silver plated cable which softened the treble and tightened the bass, although at the same time reducing the volume. I then tried the cable supplied with my Whizzer A15 pros, this is a 6N OCC cable of high quality and it sounds great. There is more sparkle in the treble without harshness and the overall sound is more natural and balanced. The volume is back to where it was before. Layering is excellent.

Was this set-up running through a phone & Fiio A5, Topping NX1A or straight through your Sony NWZ A15?

Any idea what the impedance on that Whizzer cable is?

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #14,728 of 33,689
I am using a Hifiwalker H2 DAP and a Fiio A5 amplifier connected by a Fiio L16 cable. I'm afraid I don't know the impedance of the Whizzer OCC cable, although judging by the increase in volume it could be lower than the silver plated cable.

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #14,729 of 33,689
SE-CH3T-R.jpg

Obviously a budget model below the the other CH's being only $35. Still looks cool and quite compact.

They look like the Sony MH1C with better cables, and pretty much the slim form factor of the Final Audio E2000/E3000.
I've searched the european and U.S. sites and there is no info about these yet. Hope we'll see some impressions about these soon. Cheers, thx for posting.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #14,730 of 33,689
Hey all

a question here

cheers

JVC FW01 would be a great choice! Awesome bass and great overall performance.

You could try the lz A5 or wait for the it04 from ibasso.

thank you for your input !

LZ A5 was my choice some time ago, but after reading so much about treble issues I'd better wait for new filters ti be released or will just stay away from it. IT04 will cost 500$
FW01 looks interesting, need to make some reading !

some more suggestions ?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back