Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 24, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #14,641 of 33,689
More impressions on the Zodic Audio IEMs (DM5). I have just listened to a wonderful recording of Liadov's "The Enchanted Lake" and the soundstage and imaging is superb. All the instruments occupy their correct places in the Orchestra and the ambience of the recording venue is reproduced beautifully.
Bass is deep and firm and mids and treble open and airy. The best £35 I have ever spent on gear. I agree with DSNuts when he said that "the midrange BA has decided to come to the party" This could explain my previous comment about the hole in the mids filling up. Unlike another member here, these will definitely not become "drawer food" Ha ha I like that, I have quite a lot of that!

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #14,642 of 33,689
More impressions on the Zodic Audio IEMs (DM5). I have just listened to a wonderful recording of Liadov's "The Enchanted Lake" and the soundstage and imaging is superb. All the instruments occupy their correct places in the Orchestra and the ambience of the recording venue is reproduced beautifully.
Bass is deep and firm and mids and treble open and airy. The best £35 I have ever spent on gear. I agree with DSNuts when he said that "the midrange BA has decided to come to the party" This could explain my previous comment about the hole in the mids filling up. Unlike another member here, these will definitely not become "drawer food" Ha ha I like that, I have quite a lot of that!
Truth be told, i have the DM5 in my ears as i type this. Playing from a lowly Sony A35 and they sound almost close to the likes of the BL. Really good pairing, however there are songs where the mids go holographic on me which is certainly not the intended tone of the recording.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #14,643 of 33,689
I'm not familiar with "BL". What is that?

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #14,644 of 33,689
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #14,645 of 33,689
I'd suggest you try the other cables you have coming first. The Haydn cable is fine quality wise but the angled connectors don't sit well with my ears.
After the Zodic Audio IEMs came I changed the cable on the Whizzer A15 pro and obtained a much more secure fit. Bass, as a result, has improved. Super detail and ambience now. I'm using the black cable from the Zodic IEMs. I'm getting an excellent seal with the KZ star tips and isolation is better now that the fit has improved.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #14,646 of 33,689
Oh, those were just a lifted google image.

These would be more my 'Magyver style' (assuming they did anything anyways LOL)

Those look much better. With those I'm sure that you can tune to any signature desired.

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #14,647 of 33,689

How would you compare them next to the KZ5 for instance? Level up?

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #14,648 of 33,689
How would you compare them next to the KZ5 for instance? Level up?
Hello. I do not have the KZ5 (I suppose you mean the ZS5), but these Zodic IEMs are far superior to the KZ ZST and Urban Fun Beryllium hybrid, and I prefer them to the Trinity Audio Master as well.

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #14,652 of 33,689
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #14,653 of 33,689
AFAIK he means these ones.

BGVP DM5 2BA 2DD 8 Driver Unit Dual Hybrid Earphones HIFI Music ANC 3.5mm Sports Metal MMCX Earphones with 2 Detachable Cables
http://s.aliexpress.com/zYNnqYBj?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Don't know why he calls them Zodiac?

Thank you! Yeah, I could only find those, but didn't say Zodiac and don't cost 35$ :/

How are they compared to the tinaudio t2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back