Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #14,656 of 33,689
This one doesn't have a thread of its own, and while it isn't Chinese, it is pretty obscure and it has a low price tag, so I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/02/westone-um1-relaxation.html

audiophile-heaven-Westone-UM1-Review-10.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #14,658 of 33,689
AFAIK he means these ones.

BGVP DM5 2BA 2DD 8 Driver Unit Dual Hybrid Earphones HIFI Music ANC 3.5mm Sports Metal MMCX Earphones with 2 Detachable Cables
http://s.aliexpress.com/zYNnqYBj?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Don't know why he calls them Zodiac?

The Zodiac version appear to just be rebranded BGVP DM5. They are available on UK Amazon only.

You can pay most any ChiFi manufacturer to rebrand an IEM for you.

If I commit to a minimum volume purchase, I could have the EMI CI-880 rebranded in my own private "PoopEmoji Power Liftoff X12" packaging.

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #14,659 of 33,689
I use triple silicone tips on my DM5, Bass goes deep with good punch, I would say mildly V shaped, bass does not bleed into mids

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #14,660 of 33,689
The Zodiac version appear to just be rebranded BGVP DM5. They are available on UK Amazon only.

You can pay most any ChiFi manufacturer to rebrand an IEM for you.

If I commit to a minimum volume purchase, I could have the EMI CI-880 rebranded in my own private "PoopEmoji Power Liftoff X12" packaging.

I'll take 2.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #14,662 of 33,689
Can't find those iems, can you link it?
Hello. They are available on Amazon UK and are branded "Horsky" there. If you search for "Horsky earphones" on Amazon UK the IEMs are the fourth item in the list. The stock number is B078GRH31V. The actual brand on these when they arrived was Zodic Audio ET2201. You can see images in one of my earlier posts.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #14,663 of 33,689
20180225_160432-01.jpeg

It arrived. Now time for comparing

Feb 25, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #14,664 of 33,689
Strong bass in which sense? Punchy or low extended?
And do these leave the mids and highs at normal levels?
I guess yes because of dedicated drivers??
Yes, the bass is powerful, but in the sense that the response maintains level right down into the sub-bass and, as another member said, does not bleed into the mids. After 48 hours burn in the sound is very well balanced. I'm using the pre-fitted tips which are grippy pale-coloured silicone with a wide bore. If you want to test the depth of the bass on these, try YouTube, "Desseins Eternels" by Louis Thiry. It's an organ piece by Olivier Messaien.

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #14,666 of 33,689
Okay, darkside is about the same price as IT01 so let's have a showdown :L3000:

Though, for me, the Darkside has to outclass it to make up for the IT01's color choice and versatility with a nice cable you can use elsewhere and replace or switch to balanced cable. More value and versatility can only be defeated if the Darkside is a nice step up in SQ. A later arriving product that isn't better in sound or options/usability has less appeal.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #14,668 of 33,689
Hey guys, I got some great advice from this thread the last time I was getting IEMs, can you help me out again maybe? :D

I haven't been keeping up with cIEMs or IEMs in general, I got Musicmaker TK12 last year and I've been largely satisfied with them, however the jack is starting to give out and once IEMs start having cable problems in my experience they just start breaking every other week with heavy use, so I'm already looking for a replacement. Can you recommend any good ones in that price range (80-100E)?

My experience with the TK12 was that they were too sibilant and chewed through certain vocals, the highs are a bit too sharp and they make cymbals and snares sound very unnatural (although very clear). I was told that Musicmaker might have changed the tuning/speakers over the years, and that newer models are more sibilant, but I cannot confirm or deny this. The vocals, while some of them are warped, sound very forward surprisingly, so it's not like the mids are bad, I think the highs were just tuned way too sharp, maybe in an effort to make them sound more appealing at first listen or in A/B tests. The bass was plentiful, not bloated, but it lacked that texture and layering that I got from something like RHA MA750 that I had before. So ultimately, something with slightly more refined bass and less sibilant, harsh high end? Would TK13 be ideal, or the Magaosi K3 Pro? Those were the top dogs in that price segment back when I was buying IEMs, but I was told to go for the TK12 because of my preference for soundstage and bass. Funnily enough, I was most impressed by clarity and instrument separation of the TK12, but not too much by the bass texture and quality, and the sounstage was rather average compared to the RHA MA750 and even the Sennheiser Momentum in-ears I had before. Does the K3 pro have a wider soundstage? Any new IEM in this price segment over the last year I should look into?

Thanks a bunch guys, without you I wouldn't know where to look in the Chinese IEM world... :)

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #14,669 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back