Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 13, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #14,522 of 33,689
I don't know
I have only the first one and it doesn't have much bass but as @DBaldock9 told me "the new batch have a lot more Bass, which is actually balanced with the Midrange and Treble"

Ok, so it sounds like they decreased the volume of the venting to increase bass.

You should be able to replicate the bass changes on the original 4-hole version by sealing 2 of the holes (tape, blue tac, etc).

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #14,524 of 33,689
This by no means results in the new PT15 being bassy. The original is fairly anemic while the new is balanced by comparison.

Gotcha. Perhaps I’ll try and track down the early revision so I can take it apart and determine what changes were made that affected the tuning.

Like I mentioned, I was only guessing since I only have the new version (with nothing else to compare it to).

Assuming it still utilizes the same graphene driver, there’s only a very short list of things they could have done.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #14,525 of 33,689
Gotcha. Perhaps I’ll try and track down the early revision so I can take it apart and determine what changes were made that affected the tuning.

Like I mentioned, I was only guessing since I only have the new version (with nothing else to compare it to).

Assuming it still utilizes the same graphene driver, there’s only a very short list of things they could have done.

Whatever they did, it resulted in the "new" PT15 being a really nice, balanced sounding earbud - not as much Bass quantity as the Vido & Qian25, but more / better Midrange & Treble. And, the new model is cheaper than the previous one, as well.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #14,526 of 33,689
Pushing budget chi-fi with ares II
IMG_20180214_085506.jpg

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #14,527 of 33,689
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #14,528 of 33,689
Sound Impressions for the latest GS849 cable by Penon.

Lows: There is an increase in sub-bass extension and the sub-bass reproduction is more full-bodied. There is greater punch as each bass note is articulated with tightness and hit with increased strength.

Mids: The lower mids maintain a similar body. The upper mids benefit from the cable and results in an extra forwardness. The midrange has an improved definition.

Highs: The treble extends greatly. There is no sibilance and harshness. The crisp is enhanced with slight sparkle for some kick. It increases the engagement level and helps to deliver an exciting treble presentation.

Soundstage: The stage improves tremendously with a huge width. The depth slightly increases with an effective amount of space.

The highlights are a significant expansion in soundstage and improved extension on both ends. Not only does it boasts an immense sound, it looks great too.

27751553_1536104869839242_8609739433050053518_n.jpg
Beautiful cable , what's the materials they use for this cable , silver or cooper,???

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #14,529 of 33,689
Sound Impressions for the latest GS849 cable by Penon.

Lows: There is an increase in sub-bass extension and the sub-bass reproduction is more full-bodied. There is greater punch as each bass note is articulated with tightness and hit with increased strength.

Mids: The lower mids maintain a similar body. The upper mids benefit from the cable and results in an extra forwardness. The midrange has an improved definition.

Highs: The treble extends greatly. There is no sibilance and harshness. The crisp is enhanced with slight sparkle for some kick. It increases the engagement level and helps to deliver an exciting treble presentation.

Soundstage: The stage improves tremendously with a huge width. The depth slightly increases with an effective amount of space.

The highlights are a significant expansion in soundstage and improved extension on both ends. Not only does it boasts an immense sound, it looks great too.

27751553_1536104869839242_8609739433050053518_n.jpg
Beautiful cable , what's the materials they use for this cable , silver or cooper,???

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #14,534 of 33,689
Guys, as i'm utterly paranoid to make a bad choice in 100-200$ price range and wanna find ultimate best sound value, i decide to collect impressions and make a reference list so it will help me as well as other (i'm post trauma of my 100$ 6BA I buy).

Now what would be your ultimate favorite in this price range???

For myself, I would like near perfection at this price, can be single dynamic or multi drivers, multi BA make me nervous cause of bass weakness but if there exception i'm open to it to.

Would like U shaped sound, little warm but very well resolved, with a hint of treble in vocal region to make them more present in bass heavy tracks. Need to be a good all-arounder as I listen to lot of music style from classical to jazz to electro to folk to rock etc....Z5000 are near perfection for me, but a little more mids presence and tigher bass response will be heaven.

I'm in no rush, still collecting info, Ibasso IT01 and Hotfi SD7 tempt me alot....Fiio B400 too but little too pricey.

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #14,535 of 33,689
Guys, as i'm utterly paranoid to make a bad choice in 100-200$ price range and wanna find ultimate best sound value, i decide to collect impressions and make a reference list so it will help me as well as other (i'm post trauma of my 100$ 6BA I buy).

Now what would be your ultimate favorite in this price range???

For myself, I would like near perfection at this price, can be single dynamic or multi drivers, multi BA make me nervous cause of bass weakness but if there exception i'm open to it to.

Would like U shaped sound, little warm but very well resolved, with a hint of treble in vocal region to make them more present in bass heavy tracks. Need to be a good all-arounder as I listen to lot of music style from classical to jazz to electro to folk to rock etc....Z5000 are near perfection for me, but a little more mids presence and tigher bass response will be heaven.

I'm in no rush, still collecting info, Ibasso IT01 and Hotfi SD7 tempt me alot....Fiio B400 too but little too pricey.

IT01 , F9Pro, AM850 and Final E3000 should be on your list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back