Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #14,536 of 33,689
IT01 , F9Pro, AM850 and Final E3000 should be on your list
Oh, Astrotec....make a while I don't follow their products....you heard them?

Thanks G.
Reading fastly I find ''laid back presentation'' hope its not too dark.
How the vocal with these?

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #14,537 of 33,689
Guys, as i'm utterly paranoid to make a bad choice in 100-200$ price range and wanna find ultimate best sound value, i decide to collect impressions and make a reference list so it will help me as well as other (i'm post trauma of my 100$ 6BA I buy).

Now what would be your ultimate favorite in this price range???

For myself, I would like near perfection at this price, can be single dynamic or multi drivers, multi BA make me nervous cause of bass weakness but if there exception i'm open to it to.

Would like U shaped sound, little warm but very well resolved, with a hint of treble in vocal region to make them more present in bass heavy tracks. Need to be a good all-arounder as I listen to lot of music style from classical to jazz to electro to folk to rock etc....Z5000 are near perfection for me, but a little more mids presence and tigher bass response will be heaven.

I'm in no rush, still collecting info, Ibasso IT01 and Hotfi SD7 tempt me alot....Fiio B400 too but little too pricey.

Penon Audio sells the Vyrus V2 and for the tonality you want the Vyrus matches pretty well. Maybe you can check the simgot en700 PRO too (not the Bass edition).

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #14,539 of 33,689
Guys, as i'm utterly paranoid to make a bad choice in 100-200$ price range and wanna find ultimate best sound value, i decide to collect impressions and make a reference list so it will help me as well as other (i'm post trauma of my 100$ 6BA I buy).

Now what would be your ultimate favorite in this price range???

For myself, I would like near perfection at this price, can be single dynamic or multi drivers, multi BA make me nervous cause of bass weakness but if there exception i'm open to it to.

Would like U shaped sound, little warm but very well resolved, with a hint of treble in vocal region to make them more present in bass heavy tracks. Need to be a good all-arounder as I listen to lot of music style from classical to jazz to electro to folk to rock etc....Z5000 are near perfection for me, but a little more mids presence and tigher bass response will be heaven.

I'm in no rush, still collecting info, Ibasso IT01 and Hotfi SD7 tempt me alot....Fiio B400 too but little too pricey.

Somewhere in that description, my mind goes to Danny Trejo and "If you can get picky about your coffee...."

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #14,540 of 33,689
Somewhere in that description, my mind goes to Danny Trejo and "If you can get picky about your coffee...."

agahahaha

But you can find something nice at 100$, just need to be quite easy to accept a new signature, since 100$ IEMs will still be 100$ IEMs and they won't be perfect :)

IT01 is really amazing for example, I can hardly find any fault to it :)

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #14,541 of 33,689
In my experience there's quite a a big difference between a pair of over performing $100 and equally over performing $200 IEM's so it may be a good idea to be more specific........

Edit: they really need to fix this site so that it's possible to write on a phone and use autospell again, the way it's now is pretty hopeless.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #14,543 of 33,689
agahahaha

But you can find something nice at 100$, just need to be quite easy to accept a new signature, since 100$ IEMs will still be 100$ IEMs and they won't be perfect :)

IT01 is really amazing for example, I can hardly find any fault to it :)

Yeah, I search in 100-200$ price range to see how much benifit we can get.

At some point diminushing return in sound quality became so small that we can call it illusion or subjective preference.

Listening since 2 week to Hifiman RE2000 and Campfire Polaris, I confirm my doubt about price value in term of sound rendering, perfection still not exist there, and i'm sure I will collect as much IEM than in 20-100$ price range if I was rich and able to buy this extremely expensive stuffs going from 500$ to 4000$....now. Sweet spot for supreme sound value is 50-200$ IMO, should concentrate in this price range because lot of people like me need more than one soundsignature to fit all his music genre.

And now, G, you make the IT01 even more intriguing....

What impress me with RE2000 is bass and vocal presentation that work togheter instead of being too dualistic or melted....texture and thickness too is impressive, but it kind of saturate the deepness (not the rest of soundstage). Vocal aren't invasive but the presence is very inviting.

So Great bass+Great Vocal+Good Treble.
This is what i'm looking for.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #14,545 of 33,689
Oh come on, don't talk about the RE2000 that way. I would love to own those, but really don't want to spend that level of cash. I come to this thread to avoid chatter about 1k+ IEMs.

euh....I wasn't thinking its out of place because the subject was sound value in upper price range...in fact, it should make you smile because this really isn't a big deal in term of quality benifit....I talk about these like 3 times on headfi in my 2 weeks about it...ahah, I understand why now! What I repeat about those is that Zhiyin Z5000 sound barely as good, will love to make blind test on people with these 2 really. Oh, and i'm poor as f*ck....so, yeah, I will talk about RE2000 my way.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #14,546 of 33,689
Oh come on, don't talk about the RE2000 that way. I would love to own those, but really don't want to spend that level of cash. I come to this thread to avoid chatter about 1k+ IEMs.

You don't ant to know how good they are, you'd have a hard time not buying them :)

I think that DITA IEMs make a good cheaper option though :)

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #14,547 of 33,689
In my experience there's quite a a big difference between a pair of over performing $100 and equally over performing $200 IEM's so it may be a good idea to be more specific........

Edit: they really need to fix this site so that it's possible to write on a phone and use autospell again, the way it's now is pretty hopeless.

Yes, this is what I search: over performing 150-200$ IEM.

For specificity, let's talk physical:
-i don't even care about cable, especially if it inflict on price, would rather prefer just buying without cable if it make price lower.
-but, yeah, I like detachabe concept so mmxcx or 2pin IEM is needed.
-housing should be solid and at least average comfortable, over ear or not no problem, isolation isn't a big deal.

Sound clarity and musicality as a whole is very important, would like something natural sounding, not pumped up on steroid in some specific FR....weighty bass that feel realist but can move some air AND great vocal that have lot of presence, perhaps extra microdetails and highs sparkle as well, but it do not need to be analytical, just not dark, wide soundstage-airy and deep if possible. You know, something that make music alive and never boring or artificial sounding, but not a details hammer or bass ligth iem.

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #14,548 of 33,689
You don't ant to know how good they are, you'd have a hard time not buying them :)

Heh, buying an RE2000 would get me a second pair of RE600. Then again, it'd also get me an HM700, which I gave the last one away. I shall not cave in! I really hope not anyways.

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #14,549 of 33,689

Hum....really, you would spend 2000$ on this George?

Only difference with TOTL iem that with 50-500$ one is that you don't have to search long before finding exception (aka you cash down for it)....I think TOTL is for lazy audiophile in some sense....but there surely bad exception as well so. I test this to exactly confirm my toughs, for...a third time as I own fancy stuffs as well, I think in IEM world it really isn't necessary to throw this type of money, for headphones its another story: it cost more to construct them for real.

Campfire Polaris is a better value IMO. And RE800 are absurdly overpriced....anyway. Don't wanna talk more about TOTL stuffs, just underline the goal of chifi obsess people like me wich is: not throw absurd amount of money on just one ''miraculous'' IEM model cause miracle do-not-exist.

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #14,550 of 33,689
Just getting an initial listen in with the AAW Q that just arrived. Had to laugh at the somewhat large package for the smallest IEM I've ever seen. Comfort with stock tips is reasonable, and don't think I'd see any issues with someone sleeping with these. For the $85 I paid for these, I am very happy so far. Included case reminds me of the Senn MX985 case, which I'm kind of fond of, but it has it's issues.

https://www.null-audio.com/collections/universal-in-ear-monitor/products/aaw-q-in-canal-monitor Sale is still going. For those looking at sub-100, it's certainly worth considering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back