Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 3, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #14,146 of 33,689
What do you do when the nozzle is so big that it hits the opening of your ear canal and you simply can't get deep enough fit with regular tips? Small triple or dual flange or a spinfit twin blade? Regular spinfits help with the seal but for me they take away too much from mids, treble and reduce the size of the soundstage considerably.

My T2's are lacking almost all of the low end because of poor fit caused by the 5,5mm wide, straight, short nozzle. Also need to bump up the volume way higher than with any of my other iems. IT01 has the same 5,5mm width but thankfully the different angle allows me to get a proper seal with starlines, still need to fiddle with them from time to time if I'm moving around, though.

I wish all of them had the Tennmak Pro/Shure style fit :rolling_eyes:
Are you talking about the Tin Audio T2?

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #14,147 of 33,689
What do you do when the nozzle is so big that it hits the opening of your ear canal and you simply can't get deep enough fit with regular tips? Small triple or dual flange or a spinfit twin blade? Regular spinfits help with the seal but for me they take away too much from mids, treble and reduce the size of the soundstage considerably.

My T2's are lacking almost all of the low end because of poor fit caused by the 5,5mm wide, straight, short nozzle. Also need to bump up the volume way higher than with any of my other iems. IT01 has the same 5,5mm width but thankfully the different angle allows me to get a proper seal with starlines, still need to fiddle with them from time to time if I'm moving around, though.

I wish all of them had the Tennmak Pro/Shure style fit :rolling_eyes:

When the nozzles are ridiculously large, such as Pioneer CH9T or the KZ HDS2, I often have to go down to the next size smaller tip. For example, I normally use a M size tip, so I switch to a S size tip. It usually ends up fitting the same way, because the large nozzle takes up more room inside of the ear canal (so less silicone tip is needed to fill the gaps and seal).

The other option is double or triple flange tips, but those usually make my ears itch bad, so I try to only use them when absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #14,148 of 33,689
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.
20180103_185850.jpg

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #14,149 of 33,689
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.
Welp, the TRN V10 are now scratched off the list.

How do the Pioneer CH9T sound, in your opinion? I’ve seen them before and they look very comfortable.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #14,150 of 33,689
Welp, the TRN V10 are now scratched off the list.

How do the Pioneer CH9T sound, in your opinion? I’ve seen them before and they look very comfortable.

I really liked the CH9T's sound quality, it fits very well to my preference. Neutral to slight bright sound signature. I really like the sparkle and detail representation of the CH9T and no harshness or sibilance. IMO, subbass doesn't go as deep as the ibasso IT01 but the mid-bass is what I really like on the ch9t. The fit is great and comfortable as well. Based on my experience, It's also not source-dependent, it sounds great whether from a smartphone or dedicated DAP. Unfortunately, I prefer the Ibasso IT01 over the CH9T in general.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #14,151 of 33,689
I found it to be muddy with a brief 10 minute listen. What did i do wrong is what im wondering.
Did you use DAC or just amping?

Amping isn't that good, especially non-balanced one, power of phone out is just absurdly low and will perhaps benifit IEM but no more than 64ohm headphones for sure....
On another hand, I really adore how it sound as a dac using balanced out tough, and it do not sound congested at all, perhaps if you use bass gain but I even love little warmness it give and think its really a good bass gain that do not create distortion to earphones. No sure about line out if its a true one because you can still use volume control with it. About volume control, i'm not a big fan of how easy it can be turn in a pocket....have lot of bad experience with it were it turn on at max volume by accident and barely make explode my head.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #14,152 of 33,689
That is very true, the Fidue are extremely easy to drive, but I’m looking for a DAC so I can possibly get either the Final Audio Heaven II or VI, which I’ve read are both very source dependent.

Good options would be the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII and ifi micro iDSD. Both have got traditional analogue volume control though.
The JDC C5D would be a good option as well.

They are closer to the "ideal" since their output impedance is even closer to 0 Ohms (well, in case of the iDSD, this is only true if no iEMatch is activated).

Depending on the FADs' impedance response though, it might even be that the FiiO's 1.3 Ohms won't lead to any tonal changes yet.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #14,153 of 33,689
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #14,155 of 33,689
Can Brainwavz B100 owners have a listen to their set and comment on the imaging.
I have been listening and want to know if my findings are similar to yours.

I think they image well with each instrument in orchestral recordings appearing in a natural space.

With regards to your earlier comment about them lacking extension at both ends, have you been inserting them deep?

I made that mistake initially and after pulling them out a little I could hear sub bass and lovely treble, but prior to that they sounded like a muddled mess.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #14,156 of 33,689
I did tip roll and the sub bass showed up. Nice texture but does not reach as deep as I've heard.
If the bass does reach to 50hz there is very little of it.
Same with the top end, To my ears the treble rolls off at the very top.
I have phones that extend further at both ends. Although full treble extension can cause fatigue which the B100 does not.
I find them a little warmer than (from memory) an ety. I am guessing this is due to the treble roll off rather than the bass.
Also a tad darker than neutral from the roll off.
I'm surprised about how good the imaging is in the medium sized stage, especially considering the price.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #14,157 of 33,689
I did tip roll and the sub bass showed up. Nice texture but does not reach as deep as I've heard.
If the bass does reach to 50hz there is very little of it.
Same with the top end, To my ears the treble rolls off at the very top.
I have phones that extend further at both ends. Although full treble extension can cause fatigue which the B100 does not.
I find them a little warmer than (from memory) an ety. I am guessing this is due to the treble roll off rather than the bass.
Also a tad darker than neutral from the roll off.
I'm surprised about how good the imaging is in the medium sized stage, especially considering the price.

You can verify the actual lower & upper frequencies, by visiting this website - http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #14,158 of 33,689
Thanks DBaldock9, I took the test. The bass test I could hear it at 30hz and then it steadily got louder all the way to 200hz.
With the treble test I could hear it at 16k and it got a little louder and then softer towards 8k.

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #14,160 of 33,689
Thanks DBaldock9, I took the test. The bass test I could hear it at 30hz and then it steadily got louder all the way to 200hz.
With the treble test I could hear it at 16k and it got a little louder and then softer towards 8k.

I don't think I can hear much above 14-15hz so might explain why I'm satisfied with them and also not too bothered by the ZS6 treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back