Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #14,176 of 33,689
Thanks a LOT for that review! :wink:

NEW TFZ KING PRO

Green looks really nice.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...846-Around-With-MMCX/2142033_32833049133.html
Just got these, once I changed the tips they came alive, wonderful sounding, like a refined ZS6 (nice treble)
Weren`t they discussed long time ago and had somekind issues or not so good sound?

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #14,177 of 33,689
At first I thought meh but once I got them how I like they surprised me how good they actually are

Jan 7, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #14,178 of 33,689
Can anyone recommend me a good IEM below $50? I listen to hip hop and 70s swing alot, probably too much. Too many brands out there, ain't got no time to try all of them one by one. I've been thinking about getting xiaomi piston IV hybrid, what do you guys think?

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #14,179 of 33,689
Can anyone recommend me a good IEM below $50? I listen to hip hop and 70s swing alot, probably too much. Too many brands out there, ain't got no time to try all of them one by one. I've been thinking about getting xiaomi piston IV hybrid, what do you guys think?

Look over @Vidal site www.aproear.co.uk

He's got tons of impartial reviews of budget chifi. Good place to start.

I'm enjoying the KZ ZS6 st the moment which I would imagine would be great for hip hop as plenty of bass. Some people find the treble on them a bit much although I think they're fine.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #14,180 of 33,689
Look over @Vidal site www.aproear.co.uk

He's got tons of impartial reviews of budget chifi. Good place to start.

I'm enjoying the KZ ZS6 st the moment which I would imagine would be great for hip hop as plenty of bass. Dionne people find the treble on them a bit much although I think they're fine.

I'm not really a fan of fill-your-ear iem (dunno what they're called, those iem that shaped like a nut with cable that goes on top to the the back of your ear), most of sport and professional on-stage iem just don't fit on me ears. So I prefer regular, tubular shaped iem. But thanks for the recommendation, I've had KZ ZS3 for some couple months. I love the sound but these kind of IEMs just don't fit on me.

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #14,181 of 33,689
I'm not really a fan of fill-your-ear iem (dunno what they're called, those iem that shaped like a nut with cable that goes on top to the the back of your ear), most of sport and professional on-stage iem just don't fit on me ears. So I prefer regular, tubular shaped iem. But thanks for the recommendation, I've had KZ ZS3 for some couple months. I love the sound but these kind of IEMs just don't fit on me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y52D5WM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IFHuAb7EA144A

These are another favourite of mine which a lot of other people like also. They go by a variety of names but are usually referred to as the Emi ci880 on here. They are hybrid with 1 dd and 1ba.

I also love the tennmak crazy cello which is worn down too. It's a similar signature to the zs3 but sounds a lot more refined.

Others have been going crazy about the tin audio t2 but haven't heard them myself.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #14,182 of 33,689
Saw in Fb page of "budget audio" these earphones. They are of the same brand that makes EZ ASK and EZ ASY. But these are triple driver ! 1 DD, 1 micro dd 3,8mm and one ba. They are currently being sold as 19$, they will got a review in igor's site soon. It seems so interesting. In taobao theres also a cheaper iem of the same brand the looks interesting, i don't know chinese, but in the photos seem's like theres a way of tuning the signature of the iem.

"EZ" MDK-ESS ASE TRIPLE DRIVER ALI: (the photos here doesn' show the triple drivers)
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/ASE-...&terminal_id=6f3ae0f3c3a24fcaa51da8ad919f00a5

"EZ" MDK-ESS ASE TRIPLE DRIVER TAOBAO (photos show the driver's arrangement)
https://detail.1688.com/offer/563158408940.html?spm=a2615.7691456.0.0.695f83eepl9jWA

IEM OF MDK-ESS that seems to have two signatures.

https://detail.1688.com/offer/555481672880.html?spm=a2615.7691456.0.0.695f83eepl9jWA

Tha MDK-ESS triple driver looks so promising that i almost regret buying the ez ask.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #14,183 of 33,689

For hip-hop, good choices in the small "tubular" style you're talking about would be:
  • Magaosi BK50
  • Urbanfun Hifi hybrid
  • KZ EDR1
  • KZ EDR2
  • Einser T2
  • KZ HDS3
  • MEMT X5
There's many other choices too, but the above list are ones I own that I'd personally recommend.

I'm sure others will chime in with other good recommendations. I see the KZ ED7, DZAT DF-10, and Svara Red recommended a lot, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #14,185 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #14,186 of 33,689
For hip-hop, good choices in the small "tubular" style you're talking about would be:
  • Magaosi BK50
  • Urbanfun Hifi hybrid
  • KZ EDR1
  • KZ EDR2
  • Einser T2
  • KZ HDS3
  • MEMT X5
There's many other choices too, but the above list are ones I own that I'd personally recommend.

I'm sure others will chime in with other good recommendations. I see the KZ ED7, DZAT DF-10, and Svara Red recommended a lot, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Thanks alot! Within the list, only some of them available in my country:
  • KZ EDR1
  • KZ EDR2
  • KZ HDS3
  • Einsear T2
  • MEMT X5
  • DZAT DF10
  • and Svara Red
I think I'd go with einsear t2, because of it's attractive price tag and most reviews confirm it's quality, although it comes with pretty basic package.
All these 3 kzs are cheap, but have mixed reviews. Some say they're real good, and some say otherwise.

What about xiaomi piston IV non-HD version? Hybrid driver, cheap, comes with 3 buttons, and I've been using piston 2 since 2013, and it's build like a tank.

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #14,188 of 33,689
  • KZ EDR1
  • KZ EDR2
  • KZ HDS3
  • Einsear T2
  • MEMT X5
  • DZAT DF10
  • and Svara Red
I think I'd go with einsear t2, because of it's attractive price tag and most reviews confirm it's quality, although it comes with pretty basic package.
All these 3 kzs are cheap, but have mixed reviews. Some say they're real good, and some say otherwise.

What about xiaomi piston IV non-HD version? Hybrid driver, cheap, comes with 3 buttons, and I've been using piston 2 since 2013, and it's build like a tank.

Trust me, there is nothing bad about the KZ EDR1, EDR2, or HDS3. I wouldn't own multiple pairs nor recommend them if they were junk.

Plus I recently just picked up yet another spare set of EDR1 and EDR2, because they were under $4 ($3.77 shipped for the non-microphone version) - 1/3 of the price of the Einsear T2. How's that for an attractive price tag LOL?

The Einsear T2 is great too, but isn't 3xs "better" than the EDR1/EDR2 in my opinion.

I don't have any experience with the Piston 4, but I do have the Xiaomi Pro HD and also the Xiaomi Piston "Fresh Version". They are both great IEMs for the money, and the Piston "Fresh Version" is a tremendous deal for $3.99 (on sale at Gearbest with a coupon quite often). There's a piece of foam stuffed into the nozzle of the Piston "Fresh Version" though - for best sound you'll want to remove the foam using a sewing needle (a 30 second procedure). Xiaomi Pro HD can be a tad sibilant on some tracks, and some find it lacking in sub-bass (which throws off the overall balance). To improve the sub-bass, you will need to seal the front vent with a small piece of tape.

Where are you located, and were you planning on buying from Aliexpress? You should be able to get all of those IEMs from Aliexpress (including the Urbanfun Hifi hybrid, one of the best on the list).

Also, be aware that there's 2 versions of the MEMT X5 - an original version and a new version (with different tuning). I should also mention that there's 2 versions of the Urbanfun too - one is the hybrid with a grey cable, and the other is a single driver beryllium with a black cable. You'd want the hybrid with grey cable, which confuses a lot of people.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #14,189 of 33,689
  • KZ EDR1
  • KZ EDR2
  • KZ HDS3
  • Einsear T2
  • MEMT X5
  • DZAT DF10
  • and Svara Red

I've had pistons 3 and up (not the last one though) and the build quality is such that they won't last past a year. At this point in time, I'd suggest KZ ZS5 that I have been treating badly for 3 months and so far so good. The Swing IE800 is also a good choice but 1/3 died after months of use...was a gift to someone who destroys everything though!

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #14,190 of 33,689
I've had KZ ZS3 for some couple months. I love the sound but these kind of IEMs just don't fit on me.

I got the KZ ZS3s as an interim pair of earphones when I broke the Audioflys I had for 4 years. Putting them on is a bit too much of a production for me. You have to hold the earpiece in exactly the right way, put it in, rotate it forward, then hold it with the index finger of one hand while you reach over your head with the other hand and loop the cable over your ear. I irritated my ears from rotating the earpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back